Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rev McQuervo

Aztecs vs Puffalows on Saturday in Planet Boulder

Aztecs get a break weather wise.

55 and sunny at kickoff. Temps falling into low 40's by game end.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

1 hour ago, soupslam1 said:

Good on the Aztecs for taking the game on short notice. Too bad it’s on the the P-12 network. 

CU fans are not happy about the game being on the P12N.  Wish that network would go under...each P12 team receives a piddly $1.5M  per year from their third tier rights.

2 hours ago, Spaztecs said:

The Aztec defense prevents points. And, they have been preparing for this game all week. 

5  - 1 against the Pacified 12 in last four seasons. Including wins against #17 Stanford and #23 ASU.

The Buffs will just be another pelt on the wall. Or, a hide in the den.

Rocky >> Brady

9 hours ago, Jalapeno said:

CU fans are not happy about the game being on the P12N.  Wish that network would go under...each P12 team receives a piddly $1.5M  per year from their third tier rights.

I believe we get less (san Boise whom they cut a special deal-see smart-see our "Marketing Genius" as in "NOT SO").

The Aztecs and Buffaloes are meeting for the second time with Colorado winning the lone contest, 34-14, on Sept. 7, 2002 at Folsom Field. At the time, the Buffaloes were ranked 14th in both national polls.

San Diego State is 5-1 in its last six games against Pac-12 competition, including two straight victories. The Aztecs have defeated a team from the Pac-12 Conference in each of the past four seasons (2016: California, 45-40; 2017 - No. 19 Stanford, 20-17; 2018 - No. 23 Arizona State, 28-21; 2019 - at UCLA, 23-14).

* Since the start of the 2016 season, San Diego State's 5-1 record and 83.3 winning percentage against Pac-12 competition is the best in the nation. That includes Pac-12 teams (USC owns the best record among league teams at 29-10, 74.4 percent). The next best record by a non-Pac-12 team against the league is Notre Dame's 5-3 record (62.5 percent).

* The game features one of the top defensive teams in the country (San Diego State - 3rd in overall, 8th in scoring, 7th in rushing, 12th in passing) against one of the best offenses (Colorado - 17th overall, 12th in scoring, 22nd in rushing, 44th in passing).

* Last Saturday, San Diego State was unable to overcome four starters lost due to injury -  including both team captains - and a first-time starter in quarterback in a 26-21 setback at undefeated Nevada. Despite the obstacles, the Aztecs had first-and-goal inside the five in the game's closing moments, but was unable to convert in suffering the loss.

* With the offensive struggling in the second half, the defense held the high-powered Wolf Pack offense to 140 yards in the second half, including four three-and-outs on its final six drives. Junior cornerback Darren Hall, who recorded a career-high 11 tackles and added two PBUs on the day, intercepted a pass with a little over three minutes to play deep in Nevada territory.

* Despite a second narrow loss this season, the Aztecs rank 18th nationally in scoring margin (+13.4). That is second in the Mountain West, trailing only San Jose State at +14.0. All three of SDSU's victories have come by at least 24 points.

* Since the start of the 2019 season, SDSU is 6-2 in road games. That is tied for the 11th-best record nationally and tops in the state of California.

3 hours ago, csufan04 said:

I hope the Aztecs Beat the living crap out of those pansies in boulder.  God i hate them.

Ralphie V to retire after 12 seasons with CU Buffaloes | 9news.com

Here's a big Ralphie kiss for you.

Cow Cam

At least the Aztecs aren't afraid of a little road trip.

Who are the Lammies playing this weekend? 

5 hours ago, csufan04 said:

I hope the Aztecs Beat the living crap out of those pansies in boulder.  God i hate them.

Yep. For me it's about a CU a-hole alumnus whose kid played baseball against our son in LL for half a dozen years, Bill McCartney's Promise Keepers hypocrisy and some of the lowlifes he recruited, prostitutes supposedly hired by the Buff Backers to lure kids from out of state, how Barnett allowed the other players to pick on Katie Neina (probably misspelled) etc. It added up to maybe 15 years of unethical if not outright NCAA violating football for which CU got nothing more than a slap on the wrist.

2 hours ago, 818SUDSFan said:

Yep. For me it's about a CU a-hole alumnus whose kid played baseball against our son in LL for half a dozen years, Bill McCartney's Promise Keepers hypocrisy and some of the lowlifes he recruited, prostitutes supposedly hired by the Buff Backers to lure kids from out of state, how Barnett allowed the other players to pick on Katie Neina (probably misspelled) etc. It added up to maybe 15 years of unethical if not outright NCAA violating football for which CU got nothing more than a slap on the wrist.

Big 12- add for exclamation the same conference that let Oklahoma run wild for over a decade. Both cases, everything wrong about college sports.

I'm thinking, well actually hoping, that given the late decision, CU hasn't had any time to live prep for our defense.  It's tough enough to prep given a full week, but given one day of practice I don't know how you can replicate the amount of stunts and blitzes we throw at offenses.  Again, at least that is my hope.  If not, we're likely screwed given the ineptitude we've seen on offense.

Also hope that Lucas Johnson and Greg Bell are 100% and can play a full game for once.  We had all of our captains out last week and that didn't help.  

9 hours ago, Fowl said:

I'm thinking, well actually hoping, that given the late decision, CU hasn't had any time to live prep for our defense.  It's tough enough to prep given a full week, but given one day of practice I don't know how you can replicate the amount of stunts and blitzes we throw at offenses.  Again, at least that is my hope.  If not, we're likely screwed given the ineptitude we've seen on offense.

Also hope that Lucas Johnson and Greg Bell are 100% and can play a full game for once.  We had all of our captains out last week and that didn't help.  

umm...wouldn't this be true of both team's "prep"?

Dorrell team- expect a great O and Zero on D. That said, and realizing our OC is a moron- we can run the ball and I expect we will be running quit a bit today.

Agree with Fowl on prep but I heard we started game prep on Monday (bet they did too).

Puffs are the Berkley of the Rockies. I hope we paste them!

1 hour ago, renoskier said:

umm...wouldn't this be true of both team's "prep"?

No.

Aztecs have been prepping for potential game against CU.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor