Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dirtball

Boise vs Houston

Huge game for the conference.

How confident are you Boise fans?

12pm Pacific.

"Make like a tree and scram" - Rosegreen

Your administration is the reason why our basketball league is bleeding out currently. If you didn't insist on San Jose being in the MWC, so you guys would have someone that votes similar to SDSU, every team in the MWC wouldn't have to play 2 games vs. a team with a 330 RPI ranking EVERY season.

You guys are as stupid as you are desperate.   - Cowboy Junky

16 minutes ago, Dirtball said:

Huge game for the conference.

How confident are you Boise fans?

12pm Pacific.

Cautiously optimistic. Not expecting a win, but think it's a real possibility. Size and athletically, they match up pretty well with Houston. Wish they had Doutrive for this one. 

Confident?  Not.   Hopeful.     Game 1 can look ugly for Leon's teams against NAIA.  In a normal year.   Now he's got at least 3 transfers starting their first games in his system and Houston is pretty well oiled team right now.   I hope it's close and the defense looks good, which with the athletes on the roster now it better.

1 hour ago, soupslam1 said:

Hopefully we won’t do a UNLV repeat. 

UNLV was blown out at home against a team that is barely top-200 in the country. No matter what the outcome of this game is, it would be impossible for BSU to tarnish the reputation of the conference as badly as UNLV did against Montana State. 

53 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Call me crazy.  I think we win.

I’ve played and watched a lot of basketball and throwing a bunch of guys together that have never played a real game together is difficult no matter how talented. It would have been great if we could have had a couple of cupcake warm up games before being thrown into the fire, but that’s the hand we’ve been dealt. If we have a chance to win going into the last few minutes I’ll be satisfied. 

46 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

I’ve played and watched a lot of basketball and throwing a bunch of guys together that have never played a real game together is difficult no matter how talented. It would have been great if we could have had a couple of cupcake warm up games before being thrown into the fire, but that’s the hand we’ve been dealt. If we have a chance to win going into the last few minutes I’ll be satisfied. 

Where have I heard that before? :hmmm:

3 hours ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

A win @ Houston would be a quality win. They lost twice at home all year last year and they’re supposed to be better this year I believe.

Wait, beating #17 in the country on their home court would be considered a quality win? I would have never guessed. Thanks for the insights.