Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NVGiant

Fire T.J. Otzelberger

Beat me to it.

In all honesty I think he’s a good coach. But with only three players returning and 7 freshmen, its going to be tough sledding early. Amauri Hardy was a loss and Mitrou Long was a much more important player than Rebel fans realize.  And as much of a beating Antonio took for missing shots, he was one of their better defenders.  

2 minutes ago, Swoll Cracker said:

Beat me to it.

In all honesty I think he’s a good coach. But with only three players returning and 7 freshmen, its going to be tough sledding early. Amauri Hardy was a loss and Mitrou Long was a much more important player than Rebel fans realize.  And as much of a beating Antonio took for missing shots, he was one of their better defenders.  

oh, it’s one game with an inexperienced team. But who needs nuance?!

1 hour ago, ph90702 said:

Really stupid.  We started slow last year and played well late in the year.  I expect growth as the season goes on.

Unfortunately, we need OOC wins bad especially with the short schedule. A loss by supposedly one of our better teams to a BIg Sky team makes the whole conference look bad. 

2 hours ago, Swoll Cracker said:

Beat me to it.

We realized how important Mitrou Long was when he came back after being hurt last year, and then missed the game against Boise in the MW tournament.

Last year after the first few games, I was ready to bag going to any more games because I couldn't stand watching the lack of effort. I don't mind a loss when the winner is a better team, but I cannot tolerate when they don't bother to show up. I decided to go to one more game (I was taking my 2 year old granddaughter to the teddy bear toss game right before Christmas), and TJ had let some of the players sit, for various reasons (discipline, lack of effort, etc).. what a difference that made, and I started to respect him far more than I had Dave Rice, for that alone.

Tonight I feel like these kids thought that all they had to do to get the win was show up, and they got their butts handed to them. Maybe this will serve as a wake up call, but if they don't start playing some kind of defense, it's going to be a really long season. I really am starting to lose my patience, and getting to the point where I just don't give a damn.. and that makes me sad.

With that said, I knew that with that many new faces, including 7 freshmen, it would take a while to get it together. But dang, it was Montana St. Substitute Dixie St, and here we are how many years later.

Probably shoulda just hired Rick Pitino, and be done with it. :P

6 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

We realized how important Mitrou Long was when he came back after being hurt last year, and then missed the game against Boise in the MW tournament.

Last year after the first few games, I was ready to bag going to any more games because I couldn't stand watching the lack of effort. I don't mind a loss when the winner is a better team, but I cannot tolerate when they don't bother to show up. I decided to go to one more game (I was taking my 2 year old granddaughter to the teddy bear toss game right before Christmas), and TJ had let some of the players sit, for various reasons (discipline, lack of effort, etc).. what a difference that made, and I started to respect him far more than I had Dave Rice, for that alone.

Tonight I feel like these kids thought that all they had to do to get the win was show up, and they got their butts handed to them. Maybe this will serve as a wake up call, but if they don't start playing some kind of defense, it's going to be a really long season. I really am starting to lose my patience, and getting to the point where I just don't give a damn.. and that makes me sad.

With that said, I knew that with that many new faces, including 7 freshmen, it would take a while to get it together. But dang, it was Montana St. Substitute Dixie St, and here we are how many years later.

Mean Girls Halloween GIF

6 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Did not watch the game but with UNLV's lack of talent, team defense and lay up form is key, just like in the women's game.  I assume they were off in those aspects.  Is that correct @4UNLV?

If UNLV had a rough time against Montana State, just wait until they have to go up against DADDY.

1103%20Sports%20Leon%20Rice%2008

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

7 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

Unfortunately, we need OOC wins bad especially with the short schedule. A loss by supposedly one of our better teams to a BIg Sky team makes the whole conference look bad. 

I honestly wouldn’t worry about that.  The selection committee is going to take that into account this year.  I’ve heard that they might wind up giving bids to conferences based on historical averages.

7 hours ago, 4UNLV said:

I think we will have a similar trajectory as last year.  Otzelberger has earned the benefit of the doubt in my opinion.

2 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

If UNLV had a rough time against Montana State, just wait until they have to go up against DADDY.

1103%20Sports%20Leon%20Rice%2008

Hate this, but can't argue with it at this point..

2 hours ago, ph90702 said:

I think we will have a similar trajectory as last year.  Otzelberger has earned the benefit of the doubt in my opinion.

Agree. It's just getting old.

Always entertaining around here. Same trolls. Better gear up because this next week will give you all plenty of shit to sling. Looking at 0 and 5 or 6. I sure wouldn’t want to be a team that lost to us this year. Imagine losing to this stinking pile, huh? Next up, UNC in NC. This will be Uuuugly.

10 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

Perhaps that Big Sky team is really good.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

Just now, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Not a single player on their team with a MWC offer.  It would be like Fresno beating Oregon.

Then UNLV must really suck.

You never know though. 

Weber State was the best offer Damian Lilliard got. Whooda thunk it ?

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor