Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sebasour

UCLA @ San Diego State

1 hour ago, KingBronco said:

One of the Arizona boys won't have the opportunity to show out until the end of the semester (Doutrive). I'll be curious to see how BSU competes today. They've got some legit dudes this year but Houston out of the gate on the road is probably the most difficult opener of any MWC team.

You see all these guys that get their xfer eligibility waived like candy by the NCAA, but for whatever reason our Arizona xfers had to sit out. I wonder how much U of Pay had to do with it? 

Solid win.

This team - while minus Malachi, KJ, and Yonni - represents a far closer to a continuation of last year's team/mojo/momentum than it does a reboot in any way, shape or form. The unselfishness, the physicality, the lockdown D, the grit, the deep bench... while this team does not (IMO) have the upside as last year's squad, they are most certainly a tournament-caliber team.

In a way, I think the absence of fans may be a plus for this squad - take away 12,414 screaming expectations, or thousands of hostile voices in a hostile arena, and you're left with two squads battling it out. And I'll take the grit, effort, and heart of this squad in a heartbeat.

Add in a mission based on the sting of unfinished business, and this team has all the pieces to make it another special year on the Mesa.

And last night was the first step. 

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg