Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sebasour

UCLA @ San Diego State

We're better this year. 

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

The Aztecs just showed why they are the team to beat in the MWC. They’re underrated and UCLA is overrated.

The Bruins don’t have the athletes they used to have. Other than Smith they struggle to create their own shots. 

Still a very impressive win by the Aztecs who may end up top ten again. They have every thing you need. Great defense and shooting and Mensah adds a defensive presence inside they didn’t  have when he went out last year. He’s not bad on offense either. 

We're very deep and the best player on the court was Matt Mitchell. (Lmao that mighty UCLA didn't even recruit Mitchell. Dumb asses.)

However, I highly doubt UCLA is as good as some of the pundits said they would be. Had Viejas had the usual sellout crowd, we would have buried them. Simply put, at least right now, the Bruins really aren't very good.

Btw, how did UNLV do tonight?

Is there a worse analyst than Douchenozzle Rothstein?

No.

No there is not

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

I really enjoyed watching the game last night. Solid team and they once again play exceptional defense. I will chime in on the subject of Coach Dutcher. He is the real deal and knows how to build, develop and coach. As I previously said, SDSU leads the conference and will continue to do so until someone takes it from them. I don’t  see that happening anytime soon. 

7 hours ago, kingpotato said:

If UNLV and UNM can ever get back to this SDSU level the MW will kill it. There are a shet ton of us rock solid programs that can gravy train this shet. 

It’s been 30 years since unlv cheated their way to the top. Wouldn’t count on them. 

"but we only lost to Stanford by 3."

4 minutes ago, boisewitha-s said:

It’s been 30 years since unlv cheated their way to the top. Wouldn’t count on them. 

Wouldn't count on UNM resurrecting anytime soon either.  Some type of combination between BSU, USU, CSU and Nevada will need to do the heavy lifting in the next few years (along with SDSU maintaining their excellence) to pull the MWC back up to the level were we have the chops to receive multiple at-large selections to the NCAAT.

Congrats to SDSU for the win. That is the type of W that pays dividends for the entire conference come March.

9 hours ago, kingpotato said:

If UNLV and UNM can ever get back to this SDSU level the MW will kill it. There are a shet ton of us rock solid programs that can gravy train this shet. 

Not likely.

It seems UNR and Boise will consistently be Top Tier squads.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

5 minutes ago, Spaztecs said:

Not likely.

It seems UNR and Boise will consistently be Top Tier squads.

Alford is putting Nevada on the right track. He's their "Fisher" in that's he's  an excellent coach and not going anywhere. He will bring stability to the program.

We'll see with Boise.  Love Leon but it seems like he's always chasing players. Kind of a high-wire act getting solid talent to show up on campus consistently. Hoping they can take down Houston tomorrow and make a statement. The Arizona boys need to show out.

-Richard Feynman

-P.J. O’Rourke

2 hours ago, quickdraw said:

I really enjoyed watching the game last night. Solid team and they once again play exceptional defense. I will chime in on the subject of Coach Dutcher. He is the real deal and knows how to build, develop and coach. As I previously said, SDSU leads the conference and will continue to do so until someone takes it from them. I don’t  see that happening anytime soon. 

After being on the site since day one, I shut down my AztecMesa account three years ago mainly because I could no longer tolerate the constant criticism of Dutch. Many people on that board ignored the fact the program had fallen off the last couple years under Fish so some rebuilding of the roster was needed and Dutch has done that in spades. Those last two seasons under Fish, we had only a couple guys who could shoot from behind the arc and zero talent at the 5. Boy has that changed.

11 minutes ago, SDSUfan said:

Alford is putting Nevada on the right track. He's their "Fisher" in that's he's  an excellent coach and not going anywhere. He will bring stability to the program.

We'll see with Boise.  Love Leon but it seems like he's always chasing players. Kind of a high-wire act getting solid talent to show up on campus consistently. Hoping they can take down Houston tomorrow and make a statement. The Arizona boys need to show out.

In a sense, Boise and SDSU are opposites. Boise basketball has gotten to a point where the Broncos are consistently good but they just can't seem to get over the proverbial hump to the SDSU level. Conversely, SDSU football has gotten to the point where it is consistently good but it just can't seem to reach Boise's level.

12 minutes ago, SDSUfan said:

One of the Arizona boys won't have the opportunity to show out until the end of the semester (Doutrive). I'll be curious to see how BSU competes today. They've got some legit dudes this year but Houston out of the gate on the road is probably the most difficult opener of any MWC team.

17 minutes ago, KingBronco said:

One of the Arizona boys won't have the opportunity to show out until the end of the semester (Doutrive). I'll be curious to see how BSU competes today. They've got some legit dudes this year but Houston out of the gate on the road is probably the most difficult opener of any MWC team.

Boise plays tomorrow.