Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

retrofade

Man fired for not participating in company mandated prayer

16 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

I mean, small businesses employ all the time based on religion and race.  The gas station that only hires Indian or Pakistani members of the community.  The Asian market that only hires Koreans.  The hookah bar that only hires those who worship Islam.  BLM promotes all black hiring for small business.

It is not a bad thing.

It is. It’s just such small potato’s that we really shouldn’t want people blowing a gasket over it.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

1 hour ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

I mean, small businesses employ all the time based on religion and race.  The gas station that only hires Indian or Pakistani members of the community.  The Asian market that only hires Koreans.  The hookah bar that only hires those who worship Islam.  BLM promotes all black hiring for small business.

It is not a bad thing.

You’re talking about hiring practices; I don’t think companies should be able to fire people because they don’t want to take part in a religious ceremony. Two different things.

The free market won't always punish things like this. In certain rural areas, firing a worker for not praying wouldn't be unpopular. Neither would firing LGBT workers. There's more than enough customers with those views to sustain a niche market segment

22 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

The libertarian in me is 100% fine with this

Luckily Southerners have a history of being super tolerant of other people, and will 100% vote with their wallets to put this guy out of business