Jump to content
Claude G

Colorado State AD

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, soupslam1 said:

I thought this was already investigated and resolved? 

I believe that was purported racism in the football program which was resolved when Colorado State hired and paid a law firm a bunch of money to issue a report telling the world that there is no racism within the football program.  This relates to purported sexual assualt in other programs and athletic department coverups.  I also struggle keeping up with the latest Colorado State scandal.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Claude G said:

in trouble according to this article.

 

USA Today Article

Just another Coloradoan attack job picked up by USA Today.  If you were to take a look at our Prez's resume you'd know what a reach they made accusing the university of disregarding assault and discrimination claims.  Here's an answer from the CSU brass.

https://www.coloradoan.com/story/opinion/2020/11/23/opinion-csu-supports-victims-sexual-harassment-and-discrimination/6393449002/

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Headbutt said:

Just another Coloradoan attack job picked up by USA Today.  If you were to take a look at our Prez's resume you'd know what a reach they made accusing the university of disregarding assault and discrimination claims.  Here's an answer from the CSU brass.

https://www.coloradoan.com/story/opinion/2020/11/23/opinion-csu-supports-victims-sexual-harassment-and-discrimination/6393449002/

I stopped trying to figure this stuff out. I know the writer for The Coloradoan and he’s a good guy.  I know CSU’s Athletic Director and he’s a good guy.  There is a member of the Athletic Department mentioned that I wouldn’t trust as far as I can throw him.

Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Headbutt said:

Just another Coloradoan attack job picked up by USA Today.  If you were to take a look at our Prez's resume you'd know what a reach they made accusing the university of disregarding assault and discrimination claims.  Here's an answer from the CSU brass.

https://www.coloradoan.com/story/opinion/2020/11/23/opinion-csu-supports-victims-sexual-harassment-and-discrimination/6393449002/

Starting to think the football team ran a train on the editors girlfriend back in the 80s.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, UNLV2001 said:

 

I was worried about this.  The BB program getting paused made me concerned about the rest of the AD, and I knew the FB team got test results on Wed. mornings.  This completely sucks.  Sucks more for the players than anybody.

Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Headbutt said:

I was worried about this.  The BB program getting paused made me concerned about the rest of the AD, and I knew the FB team got test results on Wed. mornings.  This completely sucks.  Sucks more for the players than anybody.

Colorado State had an opportunity to play Wyoming last week but turned it down.  It was evident then and it is evident now that both programs were going to lose additional games.  Yet, CSU declined.  If the players want to blame anyone they ought to blame their own athletic department.

Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Headbutt said:

I was worried about this.  The BB program getting paused made me concerned about the rest of the AD, and I knew the FB team got test results on Wed. mornings.  This completely sucks.  Sucks more for the players than anybody.

How hard is it to wear a mask, wash your hands, and limit interactions with people? The protocols are presumably there. It's on the players and staff to take care of business.

  • Idiot 1
  • Facepalm 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, OrediggerPoke said:

Colorado State had an opportunity to play Wyoming last week but turned it down.  It was evident then and it is evident now that both programs were going to lose additional games.  Yet, CSU declined.  If the players want to blame anyone they ought to blame their own athletic department.

CSU wanted to play a game, at CSU.  They were not interested in an away game on short notice with a short week to prepare for AFA.  Wyo also refused to play unless they got a home game.  So did CU.  I don't know all the logistics and costs associated with an equipment truck, busses, etc., but they were clearly more than any of the schools wanted to deal with in this case.

It's real easy to scream "Wyoming good, CSU bad", but neither of us actually know all the details.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, idkk said:

How hard is it to wear a mask, wash your hands, and limit interactions with people? The protocols are presumably there. It's on the players and staff to take care of business.

Its COVID. It happens even to people who practice that.

  • Cheers 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, NevadaFan said:

WTF is up at CSU? Is this the newspaper’s fault?

The local rag is very anti-CSU athletics.  There is nothing new there and they have been on a mission to dig up as much dirt as possible for years.  The fact that there might be some dirt is on CSU. 

The Coloradoan's last big expose resulted in a massive colonoscopy for the athletic department, and they came up mostly clean.  What we have now are allegations that have been made public without any real facts being made public.  I'm not seeing anything that isn't having to be addressed at any other athletic department.  This is just being sensationalized.  Some pretty heavy handed reporting about smoke, while we have no idea at this time if there is any fire or not.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Headbutt said:

CSU wanted to play a game, at CSU.  They were not interested in an away game on short notice with a short week to prepare for AFA.  Wyo also refused to play unless they got a home game.  So did CU.  I don't know all the logistics and costs associated with an equipment truck, busses, etc., but they were clearly more than any of the schools wanted to deal with in this case.

It's real easy to scream "Wyoming good, CSU bad", but neither of us actually know all the details.

The logistics behind scheduling a 50 minute drive is absolutely brutal.  Colorado State University has never struggled with making excuses so I completely understand where you're coming from. 

  • Like 1
  • Facepalm 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Swoll Cracker said:

Its COVID. It happens even to people who practice that.

This, exactly.  If the protocols worked 100% every state would be wide open right now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, OrediggerPoke said:

The logistics behind scheduling a 50 minute drive is absolutely brutal.  Colorado State University has never struggled with making excuses so I completely understand where you're coming from. 

If the logistics are so simple, why did Wyoming refuse to make a second trip to The Fort?  I mean, you know, if they really wanted to play all that bad.

  • Cheers 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Headbutt said:

If the logistics are so simple, why did Wyoming refuse to make a second trip to The Fort?  I mean, you know, if they really wanted to play all that bad.

Wyoming didn’t.  Your information is wrong.  But hey at least the Colorado state players should be well rested.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, OrediggerPoke said:

Wyoming didn’t.  Your information is wrong.  But hey at least the Colorado state players should be well rested.  

Got it "Wyoming good, CSU bad"!  You believe whatever you want.

 

Bronze Boot.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...