Jump to content
mugtang

CFP Rankings

Recommended Posts

This whole thing sucks. 14th in the rankings. Good luck BSU ever getting in the playoffs. The P12 can pound their chest but you guys have become the premier program in the west and you have no way to make the playoffs. 
 

11-1 last year and you couldn’t get an at large. That’s BS as well.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, robe said:

This whole thing sucks. 14th in the rankings. Good luck BSU ever getting in the playoffs. The P12 can pound their chest but you guys have become the premier program in the west and you have no way to make the playoffs. 
 

11-1 last year and you couldn’t get an at large. That’s BS as well.

I don't think any G5 fan with half a brain expects to make the playoffs except under extraordinary and strange circumstances. The peak for us lowly G5ers is a NY6 bowl and victory with big money. I have a massive dong. 

Playoffs is a pipe dream. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Pelado said:

Definitely does.  If BYU were in the MW, for sure the committee would have looked more favorably at beating Boise State 51-17 on their own (blue) turf.

It's rare to find a BYU fan willing to admit this. Kudos to you for being real. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, madmartigan said:

I don't think any G5 fan with half a brain expects to make the playoffs except under extraordinary and strange circumstances. The peak for us lowly G5ers is a NY6 bowl and victory with big money. I have a massive dong. 

Playoffs is a pipe dream. 

its a wet dream for 3/4 of us in the club as well

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Sitake isn’t the brightest guy. It’s easy to pad your stats when the opposition can’t put a drive together with their 4th and 5th string QBs + backup running backs and you dominate the TOP and number of plays.

Thank you for posting this. Sitake just showed he's not real smart or real respectful. Nah, they don't deserve it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tspoke said:

Indiana is getting screwed. How are they ranked behind Oklahoma and Georgia. 

Also, how is Iowa State 13 when one of there losses is to Louisiana, who should be ranked but isn't and Louisiana only loss is to undefeated Coastal Carolina which is #20 and also under ranked. Louisiana is getting screwed.

Yup. Indiana, led by Michael Penix Jr. is the real deal. They had a shot to beat Ohio St in the horseshoe. Impressive.

What a great last name, Penix. lol

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tspoke said:

Indiana is getting screwed. How are they ranked behind Oklahoma and Georgia. 

Also, how is Iowa State 13 when one of there losses is to Louisiana, who should be ranked but isn't and Louisiana only loss is to undefeated Coastal Carolina which is #20 and also under ranked. Louisiana is getting screwed.

Indiana's wins:

Home against 0-5 Penn State in overtime (on a disputed 2-point conversion)

At 1-4 Rutgers

Home against 2-3 Michigan

At 1-3 Michigan State

Their best game is arguably their close loss to Ohio State.

 

59 minutes ago, madmartigan said:

It's rare to find a BYU fan willing to admit this. Kudos to you for being real. 

Am I missing your sarcasm, or did you miss mine?

1 hour ago, pesik said:

i want to address the Cincinnati point ..

on paper cincy and byu are kinda similar but adding any type of context they are not

byus best win is boise... boise was without like 5 defensive players and played their 3rd string qb. every Boise fan that posted here and their own forum expected to lose that game pregame

both played houston.. byu vs houston was close for 3 quarters. Cincinnati vs houston was a destruction from start to finish

byu fans have been noting they have similar defensive numbers to cincy. who has byu shut down??? boise's 3rd string qb? the best qbs theyve played all season is houstons qb, who again was able to move the ball with relative ease for 3 quarters .. cincy on the other hand has played a lot of great qbs and flat shut all of them down, almost all the teams cincy has been playing have been great offense, poor defense teams, cincy isnt winning in shootouts, of playing keep away, flat just shutting teams down.. they played 3 top 10 national qbs (shane buechel, brady white, Dillon Gabriel) (1, 5,10 in passing offense, along with 28 houston) all were lucky to get even 1st downs vs cincy ..

any type of further research than hey they both have sos numbers of 80 will see the difference 

I believe Cincinnati is worthy of their #7 ranking, though I haven't seen them play yet.  That said, the stats don't necessarily agree with your assertions.  While the 33 points that UCF scored against Cincinnati were below their 42-point season average, it's hard to call that "flat just shutting teams down".

Also, you surrendered 20 points to Austin Peay.  The same Austin Peay was shut out by Pittsburgh and scored just 17 on Central Arkansas.

Your claim is that you've been playing teams with great offenses and poor defenses.  In spite of facing all those poor defenses, Cincinnati has eclipsed 40 points in just 4 of their 8 games.

BYU's offense is better than Cincinnati's.  I think Cincinnati's defense is probably better than BYU's, but not by as much as you seem to think.

I'm not trying to tear down Cincinnati.  I think they're really good and, as I said, worthy of their ranking.  I just believe BYU should be right up there with them in the rankings, just as is the case on the Massey Composite rankings (an average of 52 different ranking systems) that have Cincinnati at #5 and BYU at #6.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Pelado said:

I believe Cincinnati is worthy of their #7 ranking, though I haven't seen them play yet.  That said, the stats don't necessarily agree with your assertions.  While the 33 points that UCF scored against Cincinnati were below their 42-point season average, it's hard to call that "flat just shutting teams down".

Also, you surrendered 20 points to Austin Peay.  The same Austin Peay was shut out by Pittsburgh and scored just 17 on Central Arkansas.

Your claim is that you've been playing teams with great offenses and poor defenses.  In spite of facing all those poor defenses, Cincinnati has eclipsed 40 points in just 4 of their 8 games.

BYU's offense is better than Cincinnati's.  I think Cincinnati's defense is probably better than BYU's, but not by as much as you seem to think.

I'm not trying to tear down Cincinnati.  I think they're really good and, as I said, worthy of their ranking.  I just believe BYU should be right up there with them in the rankings, just as is the case on the Massey Composite rankings (an average of 52 different ranking systems) that have Cincinnati at #5 and BYU at #6.

you just proved my point by referencing surface level stats with zero context... 

most of peays point were vs the 3rd strings and walkons in the 4th quarter in a insane blowout game 

did you actually watch the ucf game, prior to they were the #1 offense in the country with 600yds of total offense per, and ucfs qb was on pace to break the record for most passes without a INT.. that streak ended and ucf finished with 350 yards of offense ... not even adding 1 of ucf td was from a muffed cicny punt...ucf had 7 failed drive, only 3td drives (not counting muffed field drive) that game.

again im a houston fan i watched both games..houston is the best offense you played all year (considering who played)... houston was moving the ball at will the 1st 3 quarters..houston's coach left the game happy in his post game comments. made a comment that byu's edge was that it was on its 5th game and houston was on its second. saying we played a top 10 team, who had an experience advantage and were winning in the 3rd.. Cincinnati completely demolished us from start to finish. our coach was completely demoralized. post game he noted we arent ready to be on the same field as a team of cincy's caliber 

their defense isnt "probably better"..it is definitely better 

and offense is more than qb.. byu has the better qb by a mile...but cincy's Oline and run game is on a different level than byu...byu's oline coach said Houston's Dline manhandled your O-line, our coach said cincy Oline was dominant against our Dline.. byu had 78 total rushing yards (3yds per run) vs houston (30yds of which was 1 stat padder run after houston had packed it in to end the game- 2yds per run not counting that last run)...cincy had 350yds rushing against Houston (9yds a run)

"Cincinnati has eclipsed 40 points in just 4 of their 8 games." by choice.. they mercy-ed houston and ucf 

 

  • Facepalm 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, pesik said:

again im a houston fan i watched both games..houston is the best offense you played all year (considering who played)... houston was moving the ball at will the 1st 3 quarters..houston's coach left the game happy in his post game comments.

You ready for Friday?  I think Boise should match up really well with Houston's small ball basketball squad.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, bsu_alum9 said:

You ready for Friday?  I think Boise should match up really well with Houston's small ball basketball squad.

really excited ..  im pretty confident in houston, especially vs a team with so many new players.. but it should be a fun game 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, pesik said:

you just proved my point by referencing surface level stats with zero context... 

most of peays point were vs the 3rd strings and walkons in the 4th quarter in a insane blowout game 

did you actually watch the ucf game, prior to they were the #1 offense in the country with 600yds of total offense per, and ucfs qb was on pace to break the record for most passes without a INT.. that streak ended and ucf finished with 350 yards of offense ... not even adding 1 of ucf td was from a muffed cicny punt...ucf had 7 failed drive, only 3td drives (not counting muffed field drive) that game.

again im a houston fan i watched both games..houston is the best offense you played all year (considering who played)... houston was moving the ball at will the 1st 3 quarters..houston's coach left the game happy in his post game comments. made a comment that byu's edge was that it was on its 5th game and houston was on its second. saying we played a top 10 team, who had an experience advantage and were winning in the 3rd.. Cincinnati completely demolished us from start to finish. our coach was completely demoralized. post game he noted we arent ready to be on the same field as a team of cincy's caliber 

there defense isnt "probably better"..it is definitely better 

and offense is more that qb.. byu has the better qb by a mile...but cincy's Oline and run game is one a different level than byu...byu's oline coach said houston's Dline manhandled your O-line, our coach said cincy Oline was dominant against our Dline.. byu had 78 total rushing yards (3yds per run) vs houston (30yds of which was 1 stat padder run after houston had packed it in to end the game- 2yds per run not counting that last run)...cincy had 350yds rushing against Houston (9yds a run)

"Cincinnati has eclipsed 40 points in just 4 of their 8 games." by choice.. they mercy-ed houston and ucf 

 

I already said I haven't seen Cincinnati play.  And I acknowledged they held UCF below their averages.  I just disagreed with your statement that 33 points is "just flat shutting them down". 

As to most of Austin Peay's points coming against backups in the fourth quarter - when do you think most teams have scored their (few) points against BYU?  The only team that scored more points against BYU in the first half than in the second half was Houston.  BYU has regularly pulled their starters before the fourth quarter this year.  About 40% of all opponent points against BYU have come in the fourth quarter. 

In their first few games, the backups took a knee several times inside the five-yard line at the end of the game instead of further embarrassing their opponents.  Cincinnati is not the only one employing a mercy rule.

As to BYU's game against Houston: On the offense line - I believe BYU was missing both its starting center (Empey) and a starting guard (Hoge), which may help explain why the run game was stagnant.  Still, even with two starters out on the O-line, Wilson threw for 400 yards and 4 touchdowns and was only sacked twice.  And that was with his leading receiver coming into the game, Gunnar Romney, getting injured during the game and only catching one pass for 3 yards.  On defense they were without maybe their best player, nose tackle Khyiris Tonga.

Houston's Tune definitely played well against BYU's zone defense.  He passed with precision and looked really good for the first 2.5 quarters.  After BYU switched to a man defense, though, he didn't fare so well.  It was more like flat shutting them down.  Here's the breakdown of Houston's last five possessions while BYU went on a 29-0 run to end the game:

3 plays, 2 yards, punt

3 plays, -6 yards, punt

6 plays, 12 yards, fumble

4 plays, -1 yard, turnover on downs

3 plays, 1 yard, end of game

Summary: 19 plays, 8 yards, no points

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Pelado said:

Yep the CFP is rigged.  Massive fraud. Fraud that rises to levels we have never seen in college football before.  BYU needs to hold a national press conference on the widely respected byuTV to expose this fraud for the world to see and to restore legitimacy to college football.  Stop the steal of BYU’s national championship!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Pelado said:

I already said I haven't seen Cincinnati play.  And I acknowledged they held UCF below their averages.  I just disagreed with your statement that 33 points is "just flat shutting them down". 

As to most of Austin Peay's points coming against backups in the fourth quarter - when do you think most teams have scored their (few) points against BYU?  The only team that scored more points against BYU in the first half than in the second half was Houston.  BYU has regularly pulled their starters before the fourth quarter this year.  About 40% of all opponent points against BYU have come in the fourth quarter. 

In their first few games, the backups took a knee several times inside the five-yard line at the end of the game instead of further embarrassing their opponents.  Cincinnati is not the only one employing a mercy rule.

As to BYU's game against Houston: On the offense line - I believe BYU was missing both its starting center (Empey) and a starting guard (Hoge), which may help explain why the run game was stagnant.  Still, even with two starters out on the O-line, Wilson threw for 400 yards and 4 touchdowns and was only sacked twice.  And that was with his leading receiver coming into the game, Gunnar Romney, getting injured during the game and only catching one pass for 3 yards.  On defense they were without maybe their best player, nose tackle Khyiris Tonga.

Houston's Tune definitely played well against BYU's zone defense.  He passed with precision and looked really good for the first 2.5 quarters.  After BYU switched to a man defense, though, he didn't fare so well.  It was more like flat shutting them down.  Here's the breakdown of Houston's last five possessions while BYU went on a 29-0 run to end the game:

3 plays, 2 yards, punt

3 plays, -6 yards, punt

6 plays, 12 yards, fumble

4 plays, -1 yard, turnover on downs

3 plays, 1 yard, end of game

Summary: 19 plays, 8 yards, no points

 

BYU not having Khyiris Tonga 6' 4" 321 (Draft stock seems to be going up/ it smart of him to return for his Sr year) made a huge difference against Houston.  BYU try to use their 3 DL man D the first half, but Fr Caden Haws 6' 2" 315 (started in place of Tonga who didn't even make the trip to Houston).  So in the 2nd half BYU started using a 4 man DL on most downs and Houston's O dried up.   And I can remember, it seems like Houston was @Cincinnati were BYU played @Houston as long as we are comparing games.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Sitake isn’t the brightest guy. It’s easy to pad your stats when the opposition can’t put a drive together with their 4th and 5th string QBs + backup running backs and you dominate the TOP and number of plays.

All he was saying was the Boise defense couldn’t stop them, which was true. My gawd, they put up 57 points on you all.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Warbow said:

All he was saying was the Boise defense couldn’t stop them, which was true. My gawd, they put up 57 points on you all.

Let's not get carried away - it was only 51 points.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...