Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

CFP Rankings

1 hour ago, mugtang said:

How is that cutting my nose off to spite my face?  The AAC has made it clear they don't believe they are equal to the MWC and that we aren't in the same boat.  Why would I cheer them?  

Sorry for typo. I seem to recall the aac championing the g5 for inclusion which would stave off elimination of programs.  It’s salty to say that they haven’t tried to do the right thing.  It’s hard to argue that the aac isn’t the standard bearer of the g5 conferences, but don’t succumb to jealousy (too much), see that it’s been a team effort and we are all fighting the same fight even if one side has been carrying more of the load lately.  If the Mw had reversed roles with the aac I would be here championing Nevada for inclusion.  Be bigger.

5 minutes ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

Sorry for typo. I seem to recall the aac championing the g5 for inclusion which would stave off elimination of programs.  It’s salty to say that they haven’t tried to do the right thing.  It’s hard to argue that the aac isn’t the standard bearer of the g5 conferences, but don’t succumb to jealousy (too much), see that it’s been a team effort and we are all fighting the same fight even if one side has been carrying more of the load lately.  If the Mw had reversed roles with the aac I would be here championing Nevada for inclusion.  Be bigger.

Here’s the AAC’s messaging. “We’re P6 include us”.  Also the other G5’s should cheer for us. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

4 hours ago, mugtang said:

BYU being ranked so low is shocking 

Agreed. I hate those dudes but that ranking is ridiculous. How is Cincinnati's resume that much better than BYU's that they are ranked so much higher?...and why is 2-loss Oklahoma barely outside the Top-10? 

3 hours ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

BYU’s schedule can’t compare to Cincy’s.  Their schedule is largely fcs caliber teams plus an unknown Boise.  

Due to a lack of OOC games, every team is an unknown outside their conference bubbles.

17 minutes ago, SalinasSpartan said:

Due to a lack of OOC games, every team is an unknown outside their conference bubbles.

True but schedule still matters, and their schedule sucked.  14 is low, but I couldn’t put them higher than 10 at best right now, and that would be with them ahead of Georgia, which is a stretch.

2 hours ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

True but schedule still matters, and their schedule sucked.  14 is low, but I couldn’t put them higher than 10 at best right now, and that would be with them ahead of Georgia, which is a stretch.

I suppose at the end of the day it doesn’t really matter. With the SEC and B1G playing all their games in conference there was literally no chance of any G5 schools making the playoff anyway. 

6 hours ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

BYU’s schedule can’t compare to Cincy’s.  Their schedule is largely fcs caliber teams plus an unknown Boise.  

Sagarin rates BYU's strength of schedule at #108, which is obviously not good.  He's got Cincinnati's SOS at #84, which isn't really much different.

Also, even with the SOS disparity, Sagarin rates BYU a spot higher than Cincinnati (17 vs 18). I think there's still a lot of prior year bias in the rankings (for example, Penn State at 0-5 is ranked 19), or both teams would probably be higher.

46 minutes ago, SalinasSpartan said:

I suppose at the end of the day it doesn’t really matter. With the SEC and B1G playing all their games in conference there was literally no chance of any G5 schools making the playoff anyway. 

There never will be a chance so long as the playoff is 4 teams. It takes a Moore era Boise-esque run to even get to the precipice, and that died the day after Thanksgiving 2010. They ain’t ever letting us in until the playoff expands.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

2 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

There never will be a chance so long as the playoff is 4 teams. It takes a Moore era Boise-esque run to even get to the precipice, and that died the day after Thanksgiving 2010. They ain’t ever letting us in until the playoff expands.

I know, just saying that at least theoretically things are more wide open if the SEC and B1G play non-conference games; then you have the outside chance they bomb OOC or a G5 team goes undefeated and takes down the SEC or B1G champ along the way. But this season you don’t even have that. 

1 hour ago, Rosegreen said:

It’s almost like being an independent has its drawbacks...

Definitely does.  If BYU were in the MW, for sure the committee would have looked more favorably at beating Boise State 51-17 on their own (blue) turf.

Indiana is getting screwed. How are they ranked behind Oklahoma and Georgia. 

Also, how is Iowa State 13 when one of there losses is to Louisiana, who should be ranked but isn't and Louisiana only loss is to undefeated Coastal Carolina which is #20 and also under ranked. Louisiana is getting screwed.

i want to address the Cincinnati point ..

on paper cincy and byu are kinda similar but adding any type of context they are not

byus best win is boise... boise was without like 5 defensive players and played their 3rd string qb. every Boise fan that posted here and their own forum expected to lose that game pregame

both played houston.. byu vs houston was close for 3 quarters. Cincinnati vs houston was a destruction from start to finish

byu fans have been noting they have similar defensive numbers to cincy. who has byu shut down??? boise's 3rd string qb? the best qbs theyve played all season is houstons qb, who again was able to move the ball with relative ease for 3 quarters .. cincy on the other hand has played a lot of great qbs and flat shut all of them down, almost all the teams cincy has been playing have been great offense, poor defense teams, cincy isnt winning in shootouts, of playing keep away, flat just shutting teams down.. they played 3 top 10 national qbs (shane buechel, brady white, Dillon Gabriel) (1, 5,10 in passing offense, along with 28 houston) all were lucky to get even 1st downs vs cincy ..

any type of further research than hey they both have sos numbers of 80 will see the difference 

13 hours ago, idkk said:

Sitake sounds salty:

Edit

Here's a link to the interview where he said this: 

Sitake isn’t the brightest guy. It’s easy to pad your stats when the opposition can’t put a drive together with their 4th and 5th string QBs + backup running backs and you dominate the TOP and number of plays.

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg