Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

CFP Rankings

2 minutes ago, mugtang said:

No more so than I can rationalize Cincinnati at 7.  

I mean cincy has multiple top 25 wins and has a top defense but I suppose it’s an impossible position to debate.  Everyone should be rooting for cincy and BYU at this point. Unfortunately I don’t see BYU going higher and cincy only going up one spot on their own without people ahead of them losing.

20 minutes ago, Fowl said:

Sorry Cougs but we suck this year so we won't be adding anything to your SOS.  You guys really ought to do everything you can to schedule UW even if it means potentially eating $300k and playing in Seattle.

Except, as was pointed out on Sunday, Washington isn't actually free to play this week. It was made official during the CFP show that ASU-Utah has been cancelled. While Utah-Washington has not yet been announced, there is little question they are in the process on finalizing the details on that game. Washington's "offer" to BYU was never sincere.

1 minute ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

I mean cincy has multiple top 25 wins and has a top defense but I suppose it’s an impossible position to debate.  Everyone should be rooting for cincy and BYU at this point. Unfortunately I don’t see BYU going higher and cincy only going up one spot on their own without people ahead of them losing.

Why would I root for a conference that believes themselves to be superior than the teams here?  Nah, phuck that.  I hope Cincy faceplants.  Cincy's "ranked" wins are vs a 7-2 Army team who's best win is against ULM and 7-2 SMU who's best win is against 5-2 Memphis (who hasn't beaten anybody either).   I'm not saying Cincinnati isn't good.  I'm just saying they aren't top 10 good.

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

13 minutes ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

Woosh - I agree that Cincy is good. But do you think they’re this good?? 

F8598698-F309-4865-8843-95781F03D847.jpeg.faf590d48759848e8bec9b41fed2052f.jpeg

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

The G5 in the CFP poll....

Most appearances-

Boise St 18

Memphis 13

Central Florida 10

Navy 9

Cincy 8

Houston 5

Temple 5

Western Michigan 4

Fresno St 3

App St 3

Utah St 2

Toledo 2

SMU 2

Marshall 2

East Carolina 1

BYU 1

Coastal Carolina 1

Tulsa 1

5923508649007_bestsuperbowlpicture.jpg.3d879e07e88f2c9ecd15a44ed82786a3.jpg

1 hour ago, mugtang said:

Why would I root for a conference that believes themselves to be superior than the teams here?  Nah, phuck that.  I hope Cincy faceplants.  Cincy's "ranked" wins are vs a 7-2 Army team who's best win is against ULM and 7-2 SMU who's best win is against 5-2 Memphis (who hasn't beaten anybody either).   I'm not saying Cincinnati isn't good.  I'm just saying they aren't top 10 good.

Ahh you’re in the cut your nose off to spite your face crowd.  I didn’t expect that. 

Just now, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

Ahh you’re in the cut your nose off despite your face crowd.  I didn’t expect that. 

How is that cutting my nose off to spite my face?  The AAC has made it clear they don't believe they are equal to the MWC and that we aren't in the same boat.  Why would I cheer them?  

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

51 minutes ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

+++++ no.

+++++ Cincinnati, +++++ the AAC and +++++ the trans fat worshipping culture of cities they play in.

1 hour ago, King Spartan said:

I look forward to the day when they do an automatic bid for conference champions like in basketball.

I'd be happy if they'd expand the playoffs to 8 teams. And I think they will...someday. 

6 minutes ago, sebasour said:

How is Georgia top 10? Why the hell is Iowa ranked when they've lost 40% of their games and their wins are a combined 3-11?

No rules.  Just eyeballs, hunches, and PR.

Our P6 propaganda is working beautifully

Cougars fight for Dear ol' UofH

For our alma mater cheer

Fight for Houston University

For victory is near

When the going get so rough and tough

We never worry, CAUSE WE GOT THE STUFF!

So fight! Fight! Fight for Red and White!

And we will go to victory!

4 minutes ago, Headbutt said:

No rules.  Just eyeballs, hunches, and PR.

Iowa's not even a blue blood though, which makes it weirder. If they were gonna slot in a P5 team it should be someone like Washington