Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

idkk

SJSU @ Boise

F Covid.  This is the year to beat the Broncos if you're up for it.  No fans.  No real D (not only lost starting DE Washington and DT Freeborn but Weaver would be a senior, Jordan Happle (Oregon's player of the week at safety) and Pierce (playing for dad at ASU) would all be starting and this would be the best Bronco D in a long time.  As it is this is one of the worst D's I've seen in a long time.   Slow, but smart, plodders.  

Still Broncos win.  Holani comes back and it's a shootout 45-41 Broncos.

How long has it been since Sparty had this big of a game ?

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

Just now, SJSUMFA2013 said:

480 BC

Hehe. Nice.

It will be interesting to see how SJSU reacts to being in a big game on a big stage. BSU has a lot more experience in these types of games but I'm guessing SJSU comes out with their hair on fire. That could be a good thing or bad thing for Sparty.

I believe BSU has won 18 consecutive regular season MWC games and are playing at home so advantage BSU, but I wouldn't be surprised  if this one comes down to a couple key plays in the 4th quarter.

59 minutes ago, KingBronco said:

Hehe. Nice.

It will be interesting to see how SJSU reacts to being in a big game on a big stage. BSU has a lot more experience in these types of games but I'm guessing SJSU comes out with their hair on fire. That could be a good thing or bad thing for Sparty.

I believe BSU has won 18 consecutive regular season MWC games and are playing at home so advantage BSU, but I wouldn't be surprised  if this one comes down to a couple key plays in the 4th quarter.

This Spartan team is better than the 2012 team that went 11-2, and I’d put our best 22 up against yours all day long, but we don’t have nearly the depth y’all do. Bronco gameplan is likely to play keepaway and wear our front 7 down. I think it’s a close, low-scoring game but boise pulls away late. Something like 24-13. 

BSU's defense this year may be the worst in the last decade. A lot of that is due to COVID and injuries, but they aren't a typical BSU D, especially in the second half. I'd be surprised if BSU could hold SJSU to 13 points, but I'd also be surprised if BSU only scored 24. 

I think it will be more high scoring. Not as high scoring as last year's game, but somewhere in between that game and your 24-13 prediction. I know the SJSU defense has been really good this year, but BSU's offense has scored a bunch of points when not playing a true frosh QB. I'm thinking more like a 38-31 type game.

1 hour ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

This Spartan team is better than the 2012 team that went 11-2, and I’d put our best 22 up against yours all day long, but we don’t have nearly the depth y’all do. Bronco gameplan is likely to play keepaway and wear our front 7 down. I think it’s a close, low-scoring game but boise pulls away late. Something like 24-13. 

Oh IDK about that. I am really enjoying this SJSU season, but I wouldn't put it up there with that 2012 team. That 2012 team was really good and beat way better teams than this SJSU team has played so far. That SDSU team was much better than this SDSU team, then add in the wins against BYU, La Tech and a good Bowling Green team in the bowl game. Plus a close loss to a Rose Bowl winning Stanford team. 

Again, very pleased with how SJSU is playing this year, but I think we can all agree that this seems to be a down year across the board in the MWC. So I wouldn't put as much stock into their wins as you have. Still having a great season though!

1 hour ago, KingBronco said:

BSU's defense this year may be the worst in the last decade. A lot of that is due to COVID and injuries, but they aren't a typical BSU D, especially in the second half. I'd be surprised if BSU could hold SJSU to 13 points, but I'd also be surprised if BSU only scored 24. 

I think it will be more high scoring. Not as high scoring as last year's game, but somewhere in between that game and your 24-13 prediction. I know the SJSU defense has been really good this year, but BSU's offense has scored a bunch of points when not playing a true frosh QB. I'm thinking more like a 38-31 type game.

Haven't the PPG numbers been skewed over the last few games due to all of the TD's scored by Boise's ST? Not saying the offense isn't good, but there's been lots of scoring by units other than the offense.

10 hours ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

I totally disagree with your comparison between this year's Spartans and the 2012 team. The 2020 Spartans may be the school's best team since 2012, but they've done nothing thus far that proves to me that they're better than the 2012 team. A win in Boise today would go a long way to prove what you say to be true.  

Champ Logo.jpg

3 hours ago, Mike Morgan said:

I totally disagree with your comparison between this year's Spartans and the 2012 team. The 2020 Spartans may be the school's best team since 2012, but they've done nothing thus far that proves to me that they're better than the 2012 team. A win in Boise today would go a long way to prove what you say to be true.  

Well.... it would have.  The sad thing is, we really have no idea how good this team is.  The Nevada game could tell us something, as could the bowl game.  But yeah, the 2012 team had big wins like BYU (AKA “the Keith Smith game”) and a shutout against Navy at Annapolis.   As of now, the SDSU win has been the high watermark of this season.