Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

Montana State at UNLV

1 hour ago, quickdraw said:

I watched UNC and Bama today. Those could be some really UGLY games. We"re just young and their is now quick cure for that. These guys won't quit and will only get tougher through the OOC.

I wouldn’t be surprised if we beat either of those two teams.  Tonight was only one game.  And they have time to fix the mistakes they made on defense (a lot).

2 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if we beat either of those two teams.  Tonight was only one game.  And they have time to fix the mistakes they made on defense (a lot).

I think everyone here would be surprised if you kept it close against either of those teams (UNC / Bama)

1 minute ago, soupslam1 said:

Wow, all we heard all summer and fall was how much better UNLV was going to be this year, then the Rebels go out and lay a giant egg losing to a Big Sky team at home embarrassing the MWC. 

They really needed the international tour 

Now that the parade of trolls has ended we’ll move forward to the next conversation. Expecting this team to fail long term is as crazy as expecting them to win Maui NC. 

Last night was a reality check and the reality is that we have 3 returning plays and 7 freshmen. It will take time and game time experience to build a team. Getting that experience will involve doing a bunch of things right over and over and unfortunately it also involves doing a bunch of things wrong to learn from that. We currently aren’t as bad as we looked and we are no where near as bad as it looked. Time to move on to the next game and learn some more. 

It is going to take some time to get past learning the offense to be able to focus on defense. Defense is always the hardest and last thing to learn well. Till then it will remain an ugly mess. Once the base is built and the young guys get up to speed it will look much better moving forward. No excuses for the current situation. Get in your sucker punches while you can. Unlike this past few years we won’t be going through any more major rebuilds moving forward.

That was a hot stinking mess with next to zero defense. Rebs were thinking and then moving so always behind a step or two on defense all night. What did anyone not named PHool  expect? It is funny that the whyoming is talking shit but I guess we are an easy target right now. 

21 minutes ago, quickdraw said:

That was a hot stinking mess with next to zero defense. Rebs were thinking and then moving so always behind a step or two on defense all night. What did anyone not named PHool  expect? It is funny that the whyoming is talking shit but I guess we are an easy target right now. 

Couple things here. 

ph is the smartest reb high poster here. 

wyo can talk because they have a better basketball program than you. 

"but we only lost to Stanford by 3."