Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

Montana State at UNLV

1 minute ago, quickdraw said:

I watched UNC and Bama today. Those could be some really UGLY games. We"re just young and their is now quick cure for that. These guys won't quit and will only get tougher through the OOC.

I hope so but this will be a very unique season and we may be simply too far behind the curve.

2 minutes ago, Rebels2k3 said:

I hope so but this will be a very unique season and we may be simply too far behind the curve.

11 new player, only 3 returning player from last year, 7 freshmen. Unless you are Kentucky those are tough stats to overcome quickly.

Rebs shooting better in the low 40's but MS is still shooting low 60's. it will be a nasty week ahead. 

2 minutes ago, quickdraw said:

11 new player, only 3 returning player from last year, 7 freshmen. Unless you are Kentucky those are tough stats to overcome quickly.

Rebs shooting better in the low 40's but MS is still shooting low 60's. it will be a nasty week ahead. 

I guess we'll find out pretty quickly. 

29 minutes ago, Ibanez said:

@ph90702 has repeatedly told us over the last few weeks how much better they were gonna be compared to UNLV's conference brethren. How shitty must Boise State be?

It’s only one game.  There’s 27 last time I checked.  They started slow last year.

Well the lousy defense for a good portion of last season carried over.  Brutal. Ball movement was also mediocre.  More turnovers than assists with about a minute to go.   

The loss of the foreign trip, no exhibition games, was a big blow with so many new faces.  UNLV needed it as much as any program in the country.

No excuse though to look that bad against the caliber of Montana State, embarrassing.  Especially given it is season two.  About the only good thing about COVID is they won’t have to worry about this impacting attendance.

The good news is only one game with a long ways to go.  Nick Blake was a nice bright spot in an otherwise bad night.

Staff showed last season they can get the team to improve over the course of the season.  Going to have to do the same this season.

1 minute ago, Ernie Baer said:

Well the lousy defense for a good portion of last season carried over.  Brutal. Ball movement was also mediocre.  More turnovers than assists with about a minute to go.   

The loss of the foreign trip, no exhibition games, was a big blow with so many new faces.  UNLV needed it as much as any program in the country.

No excuse though to look that bad against the caliber of Montana State, embarrassing.  Especially given it is season two.  About the only good thing about COVID is they won’t have to worry about this impacting attendance.

The good news is only one game with a long ways to go.  Nick Blake was a nice bright spot in an otherwise bad night.

Staff showed last season they can get the team to improve over the course of the season.  Going to have to do the same this season.

I think it will be tougher this season considering the circumstances, but we'll see.

UNLV
STARTERS MIN FG 3PT FT OREB DREB REB AST STL BLK TO PF PTS
C. DiongF -- 1-1 0-0 0-0 2 3 5 1 0 1 1 2 2
C. GrillG -- 3-8 3-8 4-5 0 2 2 2 1 0 3 3 13
M. ColemanG -- 3-8 1-1 1-1 0 3 3 5 1 0 4 5 8
B. HamiltonG -- 10-19 1-3 6-8 3 5 8 4 0 0 6 3 27
D. Jenkins Jr.G -- 2-9 1-5 2-3 1 3 4 3 0 0 1 5 7
BENCH MIN FG 3PT FT OREB DREB REB AST STL BLK TO PF PTS
D. TillisF -- 0-1 0-1 0-0 0 0 0 0 0 0 2 4 0
M. WoodF -- 1-2 1-1 2-2 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 1 5
N. BlakeG -- 5-7 4-6 2-2 1 3 4 3 1 0 1 1 16
TEAM   25-55 11-25 17-21 7 19 26 18 4 1 18 24 78