Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

Wyoming at UNLV

11 minutes ago, OrediggerPoke said:

Brumfield should be UNLV’s QB and it isn’t even close.  Dude has an arm.  I saw a throw like that from Josh Allen in Wyoming’s 2015 spring game and knew he was the real deal.  

Brumfield's arm is for real. Guy's got a rocket launcher. 

Image result for h.l. mencken quotes

The Pokes are scheduled to play at Western New Mexico next week. Are they staying in town for the week ?

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

28 minutes ago, Spaztecs said:

The Pokes are scheduled to play at Western New Mexico next week. Are they staying in town for the week ?

Better questions are is Western New Mexico a junior college or an FCS school and could UNLV beat Western New Mexico if the Rebels played them?

3 hours ago, ph90702 said:

Doug Brumfield is the most talented QB I’ve ever seen at UNLV.  He has the talent to be the best QB in the MW.  It’s fairly obvious why Marcus Arroyo wanted him to stay committed.

I’m guessing you were too young to remember Randall Cunningham.  One of the most physically talented to ever play the position.  

If I were a fan of UNLV, I would really worry about a head coach that has played Oblad, Gilliam and Rogers over Brumfield.   Anyone that has ever watched football should realize in a matter of minutes that Brumfield is a far superior talent.  

7 hours ago, OrediggerPoke said:

I’m guessing you were too young to remember Randall Cunningham.  One of the most physically talented to ever play the position.  

If I were a fan of UNLV, I would really worry about a head coach that has played Oblad, Gilliam and Rogers over Brumfield.   Anyone that has ever watched football should realize in a matter of minutes that Brumfield is a far superior talent.  

Yep. You waste time with the others while you have that sitting on the bench? We'll be lucky to keep him..especially since no one needs to sit out a year now.

8 hours ago, 4UNLV said:

Yep. You waste time with the others while you have that sitting on the bench? We'll be lucky to keep him..especially since no one needs to sit out a year now.

Why would he transfer to a P5 school when he’s guaranteed playing time here?

There’s at least one other QB with his ability on an average P5 team.

STAT OF THE GAME:
Wyoming only had 99 passing yards but out-rushed UNLV 399-132 as Rebel tailback Charles Williams was limited to just 24 net yards on nine carries and Gilliam led the team with 63 net yards as a signal-caller

QUOTABLE:
"I'm excited for some of the young guys that got a chance to get out there today. To see them step up in the course of this week, my hat's off to them having to jump in. Twelve freshmen plus seven walk-ons having to go in and compete, and have to work in the course of a week is something to be proud of in that regard. I think that's something that even from top to bottom as an organization, we've got to make sure that doesn't get swept under the rug."
-UNLV Head Coach Marcus Arroyo

REBEL NOTES:
-For the first time this season, no fans were allowed for a UNLV game at Allegiant Stadium
-UNLV fell to 8-8-1 in games played on a Friday
-True freshman Tiger Shanks made his collegiate debut by starting at left tackle
-True freshman quarterback Douglas Brumfield made his UNLV debut by coming in near the end of the first quarter
-Brumfield became the fourth Rebel quarterback used in the first five games of 2020
-Brumfield's first college completion was a 21-yard beauty to fellow-frosh Kyle Williams on third-and-14 to start the fourth quarter. He finished 5-8 for a team-leading 93 yards through the air and added 24 net yards on eight carries, including the one score
-Sophomore Jacoby Windmon recorded a half-sack in the first quarter which gave him 5.0 on the year, which is the most by a Rebel in a season since Tyler Gaston's 5.5 in 2013
-Rookie WR Kyle Williams, who entered the game ranked third in the nation among all freshmen with 5.3 receptions per game, led UNLV with four catches for 71 yards
-Safety Bryce Jackson and linebacker Malakai Salu tied for the team lead with nine total tackles each
-First-year UNLV head coach Marcus Arroyo spent the 2009-10 seasons as offensive coordinator/quarterbacks coach at Wyoming
-Wyoming took a 14-11 overall lead in the series and improved to 6-7 in Las Vegas
-The Cowboys will return to Las Vegas in just a week to face New Mexico in a game staged at the Rebels' former home – Sam Boyd Stadium

After watching UNLV yesterday I think I actually know less about football. Maybe even less about life.

Let's not anoint Brumfield the next Randall Cunningham just yet. He completed 4 passes and scored against Wyoming's Special Needs defense. 

That team has a ways to go. We looked like Alabama yesterday.

50 minutes ago, BodyBagGame said:

After watching UNLV yesterday I think I actually know less about football. Maybe even less about life.

Let's not anoint Brumfield the next Randall Cunningham just yet. He completed 4 passes and scored against Wyoming's Special Needs defense. 

That team has a ways to go. We looked like Alabama yesterday.

Neither side should take much from this game or any remaining UNLV games - Looks like UNLV coaches are using 2020 as a glorified scrimmage practice season & plugging in guys to see what they can do