Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

It’s over...finally.

49 minutes ago, FresnoFacts said:

Emily Murphy's letter that I posted above said she came to the decision "independently".

Trump says he recommended she do what needs to be done.

I wonder if Trump is simply trying to now take credit and act like he is in charge.

“Sir, you can continue acting like a baby, just let us start the transition.”

”No.”

”Sir, if something bad happens they’re gonna blame you.”

”Blame me? Do whatever you gotta do then.”

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

11 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

“Sir, you can continue acting like a baby, just let us start the transition.”

”No.”

”Sir, if something bad happens they’re gonna blame you.”

”Blame me? Do whatever you gotta do then.”

That's probably not far from how it happened anyway.

1 minute ago, toonkee said:

Sorry David, you don’t get to be a jackass for four years acting like a fourth reich is imminent and get taken seriously on the right anymore. Enjoy your new buddies on the left. Hopefully for you they memory hole all that axis of evil stuff

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

32 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Sorry David, you don’t get to be a jackass for four years acting like a fourth reich is imminent and get taken seriously on the right anymore. Enjoy your new buddies on the left. Hopefully for you they memory hole all that axis of evil stuff

The right was a personality cult for the last four years. What's a girl to do? It's better than going full retard or joining in on the appeasement.

4 minutes ago, CPslograd said:

He could just blame the Russians like Hillary did.

He already blamed a dead Venezuelan dictator. 

But yea, its totally the same thing. 

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

43 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Yea, of all the people on the right who should be pointed to as jackasses over tha last 4 years... Frum is at the top of that list. 

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

9 minutes ago, toonkee said:

The right was a personality cult for the last four years. What's a girl to do? It's better than going full retard or joining in on the appeasement.

No, it wasn’t. And no, it’s not. Frum vocally peddled Russian collision as if it were true for three years, then as the Mueller Report blew up in his face shifted the goalposts. Now he wants to pretend like he saved the country or something when it wasn’t ever in danger, after gaslighting and enjoying the plaudits of group think once again. That guy can piss off.

2 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

No, it wasn’t. And no, it’s not. Frum vocally peddled Russian collision as if it were true for three years, then as the Mueller Report blew up in his face shifted the goalposts. Now he wants to pretend like he saved the country or something when it wasn’t ever in danger, after gaslighting and enjoying the plaudits of group think once again. That guy can piss off.

I'm with you, phuck the neocons and their high horse riding sympathizers.

11 minutes ago, smltwnrckr said:

Yea, of all the people on the right who should be pointed to as jackasses over tha last 4 years... Frum is at the top of that list. 

There are plenty of jackasses on the right. Frum is of that special class of jackasses that is no longer on the right, but wants to present himself like he is so that people will keep swallowing garbage like this.

Against those arguments is this fact: We are facing very possibly the worst scandal in the history of the U.S. government. Previous high-profile cases of disloyalty to the United States—Julius and Ethel Rosenberg’s betrayal of atomic secrets to the U.S.S.R.; Secretary of War John B. Floyd’s allowing federal arsenals to fall into secessionist hands in 1861—did not involve presidents. Previous presidential scandals did not involve allegations of disloyalty.

2 minutes ago, CPslograd said:

I'm with you, phuck the neocons and their high horse riding sympathizers.

I don’t have a problem with neocons, other than my pre-Trump skepticism in general. I do have a problem with neocons that stopped believing things they used to based on whatever position Trump took on an issue. Goldberg, French, Will; still cool. Frum, Boot, lmfao Rubin and their ilk can rot.

2 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

There are plenty of jackasses on the right. Frum is of that special class of jackasses that is no longer on the right, but wants to present himself like he is so that people will keep swallowing garbage like this.

Against those arguments is this fact: We are facing very possibly the worst scandal in the history of the U.S. government. Previous high-profile cases of disloyalty to the United States—Julius and Ethel Rosenberg’s betrayal of atomic secrets to the U.S.S.R.; Secretary of War John B. Floyd’s allowing federal arsenals to fall into secessionist hands in 1861—did not involve presidents. Previous presidential scandals did not involve allegations of disloyalty.

I have a higher bar for 'special kind of jackass' than someone who I've decided isnt on my team anymore because he wrote something I find stupid. And there's a pile of them on the right who reached that bar, imo. 

18 minutes ago, smltwnrckr said:

He already blamed a dead Venezuelan dictator. 

But yea, its totally the same thing. 

Okay,so you think the Democrats acknowledged Trump legitimately won the election?  Ever?  Cause I don't.

The #resistance was as American as apple pie, but now we all need to come together as a country?  Please.

I'm not terribly distraught to see Trump gone, but gimme a break.  You and Mug waxing on about our long national nightmare finally ending is a little over the top.