Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NMpackalum

Carson Strong moving up in QB draft.

12 minutes ago, NevadaFan said:

Maybe Stewert? Andy Heiser from the way back machine. 

Yeah Stewart wasn’t that mobile either. Heiser could move a bit, he just wasn’t accurate.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

35 minutes ago, NevadaFan said:

Well. I didn’t say he was unathletic. I said I can’t think of a Nevada QB that was less athletic than he is... and no offense but the dude is 6-4 and he dunks like he plays hoops for Boise. 😂

It's that bad? :D

3 hours ago, NevadaFan said:

Well. I didn’t say he was unathletic. I said I can’t think of a Nevada QB that was less athletic than he is... and no offense but the dude is 6-4 and he dunks like he plays hoops for Boise. 😂

At 6’4” that’s not much of a yardstick. 

7 hours ago, Slapdad said:

Why do you say he's a project? His reads and accuracy are good, he has a quick throwing motion, he's intelligent and he makes good decisions. the only drawbacks I see are his lack of athleticism and the fact that he would benefit from another season or two in college for the experience. A project implies that a QB needs work on their mechanics, which isn't the case here. He's not ready yet as he's only a sophomore, but I'm not sure he'd be a project in the NFL if/when he does make it. 

Well, I didn't mean a Brock Osweiler type of project.  Just that he doesn't look at all NFL ready to me.  TBH, I didn't realize he's just a sophomore.  I think we're on the same page.  He'll get there, I just don't see him as an early rounder this year.

16 minutes ago, Headbutt said:

Well, I didn't mean a Brock Osweiler type of project.  Just that he doesn't look at all NFL ready to me.  TBH, I didn't realize he's just a sophomore.  I think we're on the same page.  He'll get there, I just don't see him as an early rounder this year.

Those rankings are for the 2023 draft, which would be after his senior season, so he's got some work to do, but I've been impressed with him so far this year. If our OL improves even more to better than average, he'll be even better, IMO. 

32 minutes ago, Fowl said:

The least athletic Nevada QB of the past 30 years is Chris Vargas.

You could make that argument. He played for 4-5 years in the CFL? So that’s something. And neither was Jim Zaccecho (I know I hammered that spelling) although he was a very good athlete. 

3 minutes ago, Slapdad said:

Those rankings are for the 2023 draft, which would be after his senior season, so he's got some work to do, but I've been impressed with him so far this year. If our OL improves even more to better than average, he'll be even better, IMO. 

I agree with this. He’s tough. He’s not afraid to stand in the pocket and take hits. 

2 minutes ago, NevadaFan said:

I agree with this. He’s tough. He’s not afraid to stand in the pocket and take hits. 

Of course you do! What's not to agree with? I know stuff! 

1 hour ago, NevadaFan said:

That was my concern but SDSU had some heavy hits on him & he just popped up ready for the next play.  Never lost his cool.  He's tougher then I thought he was.

8 hours ago, Slapdad said:

I love me some John Dutton, but he never really flashed any moves that I recall. His combine 40 time was 4.68 though. The wind was at his back that day my friends! David Neill's 40 was 4.95...he posted a slower time than some OL!

Really!? Dutton was that fast? That's not what I remember. 

11 hours ago, renoskier said:

Really!? Dutton was that fast? That's not what I remember. 

I was actually shocked when I looked it up. Shocked I tell you!!! I had a whole different post and was ready to pull the trigger, but had to amend it due to the fake Dutton news! 

On 11/24/2020 at 1:00 PM, soupslam1 said:

This has got to be the weakest group of college QBs in the draft in the last thirty years. 

Considering these QB's are all sophomores, I think it's a little early to make that claim. Joe Burrow wasn't even in the top five coming out of his junior year and there's always a group of qb's that rise up their junior/senior years. Let's give them at least their last two years of college to call them busts in the NFL. 

4 hours ago, Slapdad said:

Considering these QB's are all sophomores, I think it's a little early to make that claim. Joe Burrow wasn't even in the top five coming out of his junior year and there's always a group of qb's that rise up their junior/senior years. Let's give them at least their last two years of college to call them busts in the NFL. 

Exactly. I pointed out 2013, which was weak on paper and ended up being weak on the field; but even a class like 2015 headed by Winston and Mariota that looks incredibly strong at the top can end up being really weak.