Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

halfmanhalfbronco

What are you thankful for this year?

1 minute ago, NVGiant said:

I do love Phantom. I like Chicago. And I like Les Mis better than both. But Hamilton is fantastic. The music is the high note to me. But I love hip-hop, so it fits my musical tastes. And I disagree about the story. Battle rap between Hamilton and Jefferson? What’s not to love?

Les Misables is good.  But Chicago with Jasmine Guy is my all time favorite.  The movie with Zeta Jones was soso, but the performance I saw in DC was the best show Ive seen.  Think that was spring of '98.

6 minutes ago, CPslograd said:

Les Misables is good.  But Chicago with Jasmine Guy is my all time favorite.  The movie with Zeta Jones was soso, but the performance I saw in DC was the best show Ive seen.  Think that was spring of '98.

I take it back, my all time favorite is Wizard of Oz with my daughter playing the Japanese munchkin.

FB_IMG_1606181330668.jpg

2 minutes ago, CPslograd said:

Great stage shows almost never translate to movies. Grease being a rare exception, I think. Les Mis wasn’t very good even with a strong cast (except Russell Crowe, who can’t sing. No idea how he got that role).

I saw Phantom with Robert Guillome in LA. He was great in that role. I’ve seen Les Mis a half-dozen times and have never seen a bad performance. I love it.

2 hours ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

My family has remained healthy all year. I’ve had no friends or family members of friends die from Covid. My marriage is strong, fatherhood is an endless wonder. The MWboard survives, with the big boy board adding some new and interesting characters to grapple with. Sports are as fun and interesting to me as ever. Hamilton was even better than advertised once I got to actually see it. And if another toilet paper shortage occurs, God bless President Obama for writing a very long book about Barack Obama.

Will you read the book first?

Happy Thanksgiving!

1 minute ago, renoskier said:

Will you read the book first?

Happy Thanksgiving!

Only the parts where Obama tries to lecture cocaine Mitch about not knowing what is really good for him and Mitch stopping him cold saying “I think you’re under the mistaken impression that I care.”

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

8 hours ago, SalinasSpartan said:

On a lighter note, the one team I am truly passionate about following is the Dodgers; I was only 1 in 88, so being able to finally see them bring home a championship was a nice bright spot this year.

Good post. I've been a Dodgers fan since the summer of 1968, so I've witnessed a few World Series championships for the blue crew. 1988 is still my favorite thanks to Kirk Gibson. Glad you got to see one. The team has deep pocket$, so I'm sure you'll see more in the years to come.

Seeing the Dodgers and Lakers both win championships in the same month was especially cool for me. *But the thing I'm most thankful for is that no one in my extended family has been diagnosed with Covid-19. And I hope they never will. I'm also thankful that Trump lost, whether he admits it or not. 

43 minutes ago, SalinasSpartan said:

On a lighter note, the one team I am truly passionate about following is the Dodgers; I was only 1 in 88, so being able to finally see them bring home a championship was a nice bright spot this year.

That was fun.

3 minutes ago, renoskier said:

I'll trade the Dodgers winning for Trump losing any day.

Plus there's always this...*

The beauty of this is you know damn well the Dodgers will be back.   

Hey, quick question bud.  When's the last time the Giants won the West?

17 minutes ago, renoskier said:

I'll trade the Dodgers winning for Trump losing any day.

Plus there's always this...*

Would it be an indictment of my priorities if I have to really think hard about this trade-off?

3 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

For me the obvious.

I have a great and loving family.  Going to cook for my mom, her boyfriend, my dad, sister and her husband.  Not many people can say their divorced parents are best friends, I can.

I have a wonderful group of friends, including many on this board.

I live in Idaho.  Nuff said.

And, I am part of a community here that I laugh with everday.  

Every day is a gift.  Love of family and friends.

This is a transition year for me (just retired). I’m really thankful for some reconnecting. I just received a return letter from a former student. A good soul who made a few bad decisions and got bit by harsh law — 10 year mandatory minimum. Helluva letter. Love, grace, and serenity. 

Family challenges, but we’re still all together.  I could keep going. 

2020 was a shit year on many levels.  However, I have a wife that I love dearly that returns the sentiment after 28 years of marriage.  I have a son that has enrolled at my Alma Mater to become an Engineer.  I have a daughter that went through a literal hell this past year and is on solid ground putting her life back together.  I am thankful for my Mom and my brothers and sister, even though the political/family drama they create sometimes migrates from MT to CA.  Finally, I am thankful for you guys and gals that keep me entertained during this whole crazy reality show, that has crap ratings, we call life.  Glass up to you all!

strangely COVID has made me aware of how many things I took for granted. It’s good to be reminded that things are more fragile than we might have imagined. It’s also good to be reminded of our own mortality and that nothing last forever. So while I hate almost everything about COVID I’m thankful that it’s opened my eyes to these realizations.

23 minutes ago, Del Scorcho said:

strangely COVID has made me aware of how many things I took for granted. It’s good to be reminded that things are more fragile than we might have imagined. It’s also good to be reminded of our own mortality and that nothing last forever. So while I hate almost everything about COVID I’m thankful that it’s opened my eyes to these realizations.

Good insights. Times like these that throw most everyone for a loop are opportunities to evolve.