Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lakesbison

NDSU vs Nevada Basketball 11/25

2 minutes ago, Lester_in_reno said:

good game Bisons!

Wasn't a basketball masterpiece on either side but Pack had much  more athleticism and that carried them through.

Nebraska tomorrow.  I guess.

Too bad it ain’t Miles vs. Alford

Just now, Swoll Cracker said:

So two teams bang each other for 40 minutes and then there’s no post-game handshake line? COVID Science I guess.

What does stupid policy have to do with science? If policy had anything to do with science there wouldn’t be a season. 

I was only able to catch bits and pieces and I know it wasn't pretty, but this was a game that I didn't think we would win so I'm happy. 

NDSU is usually at the top of the Summit League, and considering all of our newcomers it will take some time to gel. An upset against Nebraska tomorrow would be an awesome start to this season!

Final: Nevada 62, North Dakota State 48. Grant Sherfield (14), Tre Coleman (13) and K.J. Hymes (11) reach double figures. That's the fewest points Nevada has allowed since a 55-44 win over San Jose State in the 2012 WAC Tournament. Wolf Pack plays Nebraska tomorrow at 11 a.m.

cerified_Subarus.jpg

19 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

Everything in perspective here. Brand new team against a quality program. No exhibition games. And they got a 14-point win. I’ll take that.

A lot of room to grow. At the very least if we don’t end up having a straw to stir the drink, the ingredients in the drink look pretty solid with some good prospects on the way next year. I trust Alford.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

2 minutes ago, Lester_in_reno said:

Final: Nevada 62, North Dakota State 48. Grant Sherfield (14), Tre Coleman (13) and K.J. Hymes (11) reach double figures. That's the fewest points Nevada has allowed since a 55-44 win over San Jose State in the 2012 WAC Tournament. Wolf Pack plays Nebraska tomorrow at 11 a.m.

That’s pretty eye popping.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

Some things that caught my eye..

8 steals..4 blocks..That is good work

47 percent from 3..that is really good

Only 12 PF's..And two guys had 8 of them combined..That is helpful

Lot of missed bunnies..Meeks and Robinson combined for a 2 for 15 games..The other guys went 21 for 45..Not great but not bad

They held NDSU to 16 made field goals in 55 attempts..That is very very nice work.

Hymes and Millings were under control and productive

Coleman had an outstanding game..particularly his first game in college.

Off day for Cambridge..Meeks was bad but still grabbed 6 boards.

Need to get more offensive rebounds for sure.

13 assists to 10  is not great but adequate.

14 point win!

NDSU lost a couple of studs but they returned  8 guys from a team that was headed to the NCAA's.  They are picked to finish 3rd in the Summit this season

I got to see a basketball game for the first time since early March.  No complaints..

Not a visually impressive game. But in the end it was their first game, double digit won, against a decent opponent. 

Take away: this is probably more of Alford's UNR team style in the future. That was more similar to his UNM teams. Big guys down low, feed the post, play good defense. 

Phuck schools from the Dakotas. Most of their fans are descended from officially certified dipshit immigrants from Scandinavia. My family, OTOH, came to the US from Norway and Sweden to Minnesota and therefore are not the kind of lunatics to be taken in by Mr. Grumpy's 100% DA certified bullshit.

That is all.

40 minutes ago, 818SUDSFan said:

Phuck schools from the Dakotas. Most of their fans are descended from officially certified dipshit immigrants from Scandinavia. My family, OTOH, came to the US from Norway and Sweden to Minnesota and therefore are not the kind of lunatics to be taken in by Mr. Grumpy's 100% DA certified bullshit.

That is all.

You’re trash. That is all.

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

7 hours ago, Swoll Cracker said:

So two teams bang each other for 40 minutes and then there’s no post-game handshake line? COVID Science I guess.

Just watched the end of the USU game. At the buzzer, the coaches waved at each other and the teams went their separate ways.... odd to see, but understandable; covid protocols.

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

3 hours ago, 818SUDSFan said:

That is all.

WTF. Keep your dumbassery on the OT board. 

1 hour ago, LoboMan59 said:

Just watched the end of the USU game. At the buzzer, the coaches waved at each other and the teams went their separate ways.... odd to see, but understandable; covid protocols.

All the teams have been the same, walk off and wave to each other. It does seem dumb given they’ve been in close contact for 40 minutes.