Jump to content
Del Scorcho

byu says no

Recommended Posts

19 minutes ago, Jack Bauer said:

Washington isn't even ranked. They're going back to the 7-5 days now that Pete is gone. They barely beat Oregon State due to bad calls

I'd bend over backwards for Oregon or Southern Cal. Not for this team, especially with their fans too. Washington isn't some end all, be all for if BYU is good or not.  If they'll guarantee the game, great. If they won't, they can eff right off. They're the ones that have played 2 games and only have 2 more the rest of this year. But sure, we "need" the game.

Surprisingly we are on the same page with this.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, #1Stunner said:

Looks like all along that BYU is already about to finalize a deal to play a different school this weekend.

One that can't be cancelled on Thursday?

We'll see.

 

craig-thompson-say-anything.jpg

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Del Scorcho said:

the mental gymnastics byu fans have produced over the last 24 hours is fantastic

 

its been on a 2020 White House level

^^^ Too many "Ute Fans" like this guy.

Expand BYU enrollment now so we don't get more cases like this.  We need an additional 10,000 students.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Jack Bauer said:

Oh Ok GIF by memecandy

byu fans have said that they can't play on Nov. 28th because they sent all their players home for Thanksgiving and now suddenly they might play SDSU on Saturday?

 

and then you said its not worth playing UW because they're not that good?

can you see how this is a little hard to follow?

you guys spin more than a pinwheel in a hurricane

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

^^^ Too many "Ute Fans" like this guy.

Expand BYU enrollment now so we don't get more cases like this.  We need an additional 10,000 students.

so I'm (I mean you are) also sweetgrass on Utehub, but I don't post much over there. They are right wing nut jobs. You'd probably like them.

I'm also sweetgrass on Utahby5

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, sounds like BYU is playing SDSU this weekend, so that SDSU can attempt to reschedule their game with Fresno State. Oh, and BYU is still paying SDSU for the game and not threatening to cancel if something they deem better comes along.

Man, the PAC-12 truly is filled with some of the most despicable leadership in sports. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RSF said:

Too bad they sent their players home so they couldnt possibly play this weekend...

I don't have any knowledge of where their players are.

 

I do know the contract offer that Washington made to BYU, was the most one sided contract it the history of modern college football. I challenge anyone to come up with anything even remotely close in terms of demands and offered concessions.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Del Scorcho said:

byu fans have said that they can't play on Nov. 28th because they sent all their players home for Thanksgiving and now suddenly they might play SDSU on Saturday?

 

and then you said its not worth playing UW because they're not that good?

can you see how this is a little hard to follow?

you guys spin more than a pinwheel in a hurricane

 

^^^ This poster has BYU Derangement Syndrome.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Jack Bauer said:

I didn’t say it wouldn’t improve. I said it wouldn’t change very much given how poor it is already. BYU doesn’t owe Washington anything, and why is an unranked PAC team the threshold for BYU’s year? Washington has beaten two teams in 5he bottom third of cfb. If BYU beat them people here will just say Washington sucked just like when BYU beat Boise. If they lost, fine, BYU wasn’t good enough and you know the rest of the story

Unfair are not P5 wins are held In much higher regard even if the team that you beat isn’t good. That perception goes a long way and shows the committee you made an effort to play more teams with a pulse. Hopefully BYU is able to add another quality opponent.

This BYU team to me looks like one of the better teams BYU has fielded in a few decades. You gotta push all your chips in with a team like this. 
 

It might also be a case where church leadership is asking BYU to do all they can to secure a NY6 bowl to help with budget shortfalls. Pure conjecture on my part. The church aspect makes all things more complicated .

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, madmartigan said:

Unfair are not P5 wins are held In much higher regard even if the team that you beat isn’t good. That perception goes a long way and shows the committee you made an effort to play more teams with a pulse. Hopefully BYU is able to add another quality opponent.

A win over Washington isn’t going to carry any weight. The P12 gets no respect. Washington is much better than any respect they would get.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Pelado said:

I want more games against the best teams we can get.  If Washington is the best we can get, then let's play them.  But Jack is right, even pummeling Washington won't do much to change the narrative about BYU's schedule.  People will say that Coach Peterson is gone and Washington isn't very good this year.

Do you honestly believe that BYU has a realistic shot at the playoff?  I can dream up scenarios in which BYU makes it in (and I have), but it's just not very likely to happen.

Either way, throwing money away at a game that isn't actually going to happen (because the Pac-12 will force a game against Utah when ASU cancels) isn't going to help.

An honest assessment.  BYU has to finish top 4 in the eyes of the committee to make the NY6.  Honestly, that won't happen.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, CougarBen said:

I don't have any knowledge of where their players are.

 

I do know the contract offer that Washington made to BYU, was the most one sided contract it the history of modern college football. I challenge anyone to come up with anything even remotely close in terms of demands and offered concessions.

this isn’t a normal year, COVID has disrupted everything. UW offered the only thing they could which was testing under more stringent PAC12 protocols, playing in Seattle and the possibility of cancelling on Thursday if a conference opponent became available. UW and the PAC12 have all the leverage here.

I suspect you’ve lost any future ability to schedule UW in the future which is BYU’s loss not UW’s

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Del Scorcho said:

this isn’t a normal year, COVID has disrupted everything. UW offered the only thing they could which was testing under more stringent PAC12 protocols, playing in Seattle and the possibility of cancelling on Thursday if a conference opponent became available. UW and the PAC12 have all the leverage here.

I suspect you’ve lost any future ability to schedule UW in the future which is BYU’s loss not UW’s

Sure, times have been hard for "everyone" due to Covid, so that justifies UW offering the most assholish contract ever conceived of for a football game. Dude, I get that Utah is part of the Pac 12, but that does not mean you have to justify obviously bad behavior.

Lost out on scheduling UW for this year? Probably. BYU will be just fine.

 

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, CougarBen said:

Sure, times have been hard for "everyone" due to Covid, so that justifies UW offering the most assholish contract ever conceived of for a football game. Dude, I get that Utah is part of the Pac 12, but that does not mean you have to justify obviously bad behavior.

Lost out on scheduling UW for this year? Probably. BYU will be just fine.

 

What you fail to realize it’s the same contract that EVERY PAC12 team can offer at this time based on COVID and what the conference agreed to.

And the PAC12 is the only P5 conference thats offered BYU an OOC game. B1G, BigXII, SEC haven’t stepped up. I don’t even think they are allowed too. So why you think UW is the enemy, the rest of the country views it that they extended the olive branch and you swatted it away

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...