Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Del Scorcho

byu says no

13 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

I mean it is a shit deal being offered them, they have a point there.  However sometimes you need to eat the shit sandwich.  The optics of saying no could end up costing a lot more than the 200k or so of not getting reimbursed for travel expenses.  This is a once a decade type team for BYU (it would be a once a decade team for any MWC school as well.).

Fvck byu*

1 hour ago, madmartigan said:

What? You could play Bama and tOSU and your SOS wouldn't improve? I don't follow sagarin or know how they're formulated, but I doubt this claim. Even if it's not about SOS it changes perception if you beat a team like UW to potentially get a NY6 bowl. 

I didn’t say it wouldn’t improve. I said it wouldn’t change very much given how poor it is already. BYU doesn’t owe Washington anything, and why is an unranked PAC team the threshold for BYU’s year? Washington has beaten two teams in 5he bottom third of cfb. If BYU beat them people here will just say Washington sucked just like when BYU beat Boise. If they lost, fine, BYU wasn’t good enough and you know the rest of the story

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

Such a disingenuous move by the PAC 12.  Basically just a hit job to hurt BYU in the rankings and prop up Oregon, which is why the PAC leaked it.  The game has to be played @ Washington.  The game is not guaranteed (they will probably have to play Utah per the PAC rules), and they are not paying BYU for the trip.  No self respecting program is accepting those terms.

1 hour ago, Pelado said:

It's not a great look, but it's not like BYU had a realistic shot at the playoffs anyway.  

Copout.  Nobody knows except the 12 people in the room - and from past history, even they dont know sometimes.  A team ranked 3rd going into the final wk shouldnt drop 3 spots after winning 55-3, but guess what?

You play it out as best you can, and take your chances.  BYU chose not to do that.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

Guest #1Stunner

Looks like all along that BYU is already about to finalize a deal to play a different school this weekend.

One that can't be cancelled on Thursday?

We'll see.

craig-thompson-say-anything.jpg

Guest #1Stunner
6 hours ago, Joe from WY said:

BYU fans got more excuses than the Trump crowd does. Lulz. 

Just say NO to no contract one and done, and Thursday cancellations!!!

Guest #1Stunner
20 hours ago, jdw said:

Not to be a BYU-homer or anything, but a BYU-MWC matchup is far more likely than Washington being available to play.

^^^ He's the best in the business.

th?id=OIP.UYvnry29hhu8Yb-3bLfzawHaE8%26p

@Fowl

2 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

I mean it is a shit deal being offered them, they have a point there.  However sometimes you need to eat the shit sandwich.  The optics of saying no could end up costing a lot more than the 200k or so of not getting reimbursed for travel expenses.  This is a once a decade type team for BYU (it would be a once a decade team for any MWC school as well.).

It’s a once every 2 decade team, for BSU probably a once a decade team. Wilson is making throws you see once or twice a season, but he is doing it 3 to 4 times a game.  Throws that are undefendable.

BYU needs to do everything in its power to get into a NY6 bowl. I trust Holmoe to do what needs to be done. 

The Masters 5k road race All American.

2 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Washington isn't even ranked. They're going back to the 7-5 days now that Pete is gone. They barely beat Oregon State due to bad calls

I'd bend over backwards for Oregon or Southern Cal. Not for this team, especially with their fans too. Washington isn't some end all, be all for if BYU is good or not.  If they'll guarantee the game, great. If they won't, they can eff right off. They're the ones that have played 2 games and only have 2 more the rest of this year. But sure, we "need" the game.

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

Guest #1Stunner
5 minutes ago, Jack Bauer said:

Washington isn't even ranked. They're going back to the 7-5 days now that Pete is gone. They barely beat Oregon State due to bad calls

I'd bend over backwards for Oregon or Southern Cal. Not for this team, especially with their fans too. Washington isn't some end all, be all for if BYU is good or not.  If they'll guarantee the game, great. If they won't, they can eff right off. They're the ones that have played 2 games and only have 2 more the rest of this year. But sure, we "need" the game.

Washington is playing Utah this weekend.

They aren't even available.

1 hour ago, RSF said:

Copout.  Nobody knows except the 12 people in the room - and from past history, even they dont know sometimes.  A team ranked 3rd going into the final wk shouldnt drop 3 spots after winning 55-3, but guess what?

You play it out as best you can, and take your chances.  BYU chose not to do that.

I want more games against the best teams we can get.  If Washington is the best we can get, then let's play them.  But Jack is right, even pummeling Washington won't do much to change the narrative about BYU's schedule.  People will say that Coach Peterson is gone and Washington isn't very good this year.

Do you honestly believe that BYU has a realistic shot at the playoff?  I can dream up scenarios in which BYU makes it in (and I have), but it's just not very likely to happen.

Either way, throwing money away at a game that isn't actually going to happen (because the Pac-12 will force a game against Utah when ASU cancels) isn't going to help.

19 minutes ago, Jack Bauer said:

Surprisingly we are on the same page with this.

The Masters 5k road race All American.