Jump to content
Del Scorcho

byu says no

Recommended Posts

22 minutes ago, TheTedfordTrain said:

I’ve never seen one fan completely and utterly own an entire fan base like Del Scorcho owns BYU fans. Well done. 
 

and, oh yeah, they’re hypocritical pvssies. 

I mean, you tried for years to "own" San Jose State fans, and never seemed to catch on that you completely failed and always looked dumb doing it.  Weird San Jose State obsession.

So makes sense that you are blind to Del Scorcho looking dumb too.

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, CougarBen said:

Sure, times have been hard for "everyone" due to Covid, so that justifies UW offering the most assholish contract ever conceived of for a football game. Dude, I get that Utah is part of the Pac 12, but that does not mean you have to justify obviously bad behavior.

Lost out on scheduling UW for this year? Probably. BYU will be just fine.

 

Pass on the PAC12.

They are the worst P5 Conference, and are recently relegated to arguing with the AAC fans about who has the better conference.  PAC12 or AAC?  @Did I hear a WOOSH?

 

Besydes...  Washington will be playing Utah this Saturday.  ASU can't play this Saturday.

Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Headbutt said:

An honest assessment.  BYU has to finish top 4 in the eyes of the committee to make the NY6.  Honestly, that won't happen.

If that's the criteria, I agree. 

No way BYU can finish top 4.

Just enjoy it for what it is.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

I mean, you tried for years to "own" San Jose State fans, and never seemed to catch on that you completely failed and always looked dumb doing it.  Weird San Jose State obsession.

So makes sense that you are blind to Del Scorcho looking dumb too.

You got trolled with such mastery and you can’t see it. #Sad 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Fowl said:

From what John David said today there will be no SDSU BYU game this week. However, a little birdie told me that a SDSU Washington game is about to happen. It helps that UWs AD is an SDSU alum. 

I guess San Diego St has played their way out of the Championship game so a rescheduling of the Fresno St game won't be a factor.   But I will be surprised if this game even takes place this year.  Washington coaches have been preparing for Utah since yesterday.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, e-zone99 said:

I guess San Diego St has played their way out of the Championship game so a rescheduling of the Fresno St game won't be a factor.   But I will be surprised if this game even takes place this year.  Washington coaches have been preparing for Utah since yesterday.

 

 

18 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

Pass on the PAC12.

They are the worst P5 Conference, and are recently relegated to arguing with the AAC fans about who has the better conference.  PAC12 or AAC?  @Did I hear a WOOSH?

 

Besydes...  Washington will be playing Utah this Saturday.  ASU can't play this Saturday.

Yep Arizona State can’t play Saturday, which is why they moved the game to Sunday to allow them practice time

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Del Scorcho said:

byu fans have said that they can't play on Nov. 28th because they sent all their players home for Thanksgiving and now suddenly they might play SDSU on Saturday?

 

and then you said its not worth playing UW because they're not that good?

can you see how this is a little hard to follow?

you guys spin more than a pinwheel in a hurricane

 

Last year and this year are different years.

Like I said, I'd bend over for Oregon and USC. Not for these guys, especially how they went about leaking negotiations to the press. I have no idea regarding the "sent home" stuff. The players practiced today per twitter on multiple accts.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CougarBen said:

Well, sounds like BYU is playing SDSU this weekend, so that SDSU can attempt to reschedule their game with Fresno State. Oh, and BYU is still paying SDSU for the game and not threatening to cancel if something they deem better comes along.

Man, the PAC-12 truly is filled with some of the most despicable leadership in sports. 

I don't think BYU is playing this weekend. I'd be shocked. Also, the "I know you are but what am I" response from the dipshit in charge at BYU is pretty disingenuous as well.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, madmartigan said:

Unfair are not P5 wins are held In much higher regard even if the team that you beat isn’t good. That perception goes a long way and shows the committee you made an effort to play more teams with a pulse. Hopefully BYU is able to add another quality opponent.

This BYU team to me looks like one of the better teams BYU has fielded in a few decades. You gotta push all your chips in with a team like this. 
 

It might also be a case where church leadership is asking BYU to do all they can to secure a NY6 bowl to help with budget shortfalls. Pure conjecture on my part. The church aspect makes all things more complicated .

Well, then lets add Arizona and Texas Tech. They're unranked P5 teams, so that makes them good, right? Maybe Wake Forest? They're free this weekend.

If Washington was ranked like USC and Oregon, I'd bend over backwards, but the way they've gone about this with negotiating through the media is disingenuous, especially when they know they are likely to play Utah.

No idea on the church aspect, wouldn't put it past them.

The rumor I heard was Washington comes to Provo to play this week, and if the Utah/ASU game cancels, they play Utah at RES, and BYU replaces Washington State (COVID) on USC's schedule next week. That would actually make sense to me more than BYU parking their equipment truck in Seattle and taking a charter flight on Thanksgiving to UW, only to get cancelled on that evening.

I'm a little surprised you're siding with the PAC on this one.

 

1 hour ago, robe said:

A win over Washington isn’t going to carry any weight. The P12 gets no respect. Washington is much better than any respect they would get.

Nobody cared this year that Liberty beat unranked VaTech and unranked Syracuse.

 

1 hour ago, Del Scorcho said:

this isn’t a normal year, COVID has disrupted everything. UW offered the only thing they could which was testing under more stringent PAC12 protocols, playing in Seattle and the possibility of cancelling on Thursday if a conference opponent became available. UW and the PAC12 have all the leverage here.

I suspect you’ve lost any future ability to schedule UW in the future which is BYU’s loss not UW’s

Washington has 4 games on their schedule currently. They don't have "all the leverage". I couldn't care less if we play Washington. Worst PAC fanbase by far.

 

53 minutes ago, Del Scorcho said:

What you fail to realize it’s the same contract that EVERY PAC12 team can offer at this time based on COVID and what the conference agreed to.

And the PAC12 is the only P5 conference thats offered BYU an OOC game. B1G, BigXII, SEC haven’t stepped up. I don’t even think they are allowed too. So why you think UW is the enemy, the rest of the country views it that they extended the olive branch and you swatted it away

 

Then you guys aren't truly interested in playing OOC games. You say you are, but the actions don't match that. You guys have already cancelled 3 games on us, and the B1G 2. BYU agreed to everything, and all BYU asked for was to guarantee the game if we came to Seattle. I don't think that's unreasonable. They couldn't do that, so it's a no go. BYU didn't dodge anyone.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jack Bauer said:

Well, then lets add Arizona and Texas Tech. They're unranked P5 teams, so that makes them good, right? Maybe Wake Forest? They're free this weekend.

If Washington was ranked like USC and Oregon, I'd bend over backwards, but the way they've gone about this with negotiating through the media is disingenuous, especially when they know they are likely to play Utah.

No idea on the church aspect, wouldn't put it past them.

The rumor I heard was Washington comes to Provo to play this week, and if the Utah/ASU game cancels, they play Utah at RES, and BYU replaces Washington State (COVID) on USC's schedule next week. That would actually make sense to me more than BYU parking their equipment truck in Seattle and taking a charter flight on Thanksgiving to UW, only to get cancelled on that evening.

I'm a little surprised you're siding with the PAC on this one.

 

Nobody cared this year that Liberty beat unranked VaTech and unranked Syracuse.

 

Washington has 4 games on their schedule currently. They don't have "all the leverage". I couldn't care less if we play Washington. Worst PAC fanbase by far.

 

Then you guys aren't truly interested in playing OOC games. You say you are, but the actions don't match that. You guys have already cancelled 3 games on us, and the B1G 2. BYU agreed to everything, and all BYU asked for was to guarantee the game if we came to Seattle. I don't think that's unreasonable. They couldn't do that, so it's a no go. BYU didn't dodge anyone.

Preach on brother. I never liked BYU fans from Utah except for stunner. Maybe I was wrong. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll admit this, BYU certainly lost the early PR battle on scheduling with UW.

We will just have to console ourselves with a 9-0 season, top 10 ranking, and the knowledge we aren't the Utes. With lowlights like the Utes have for 2020, I would be talking BYU's schedule if I was a Utah fan too.

  • Projected $50-$55 million dollar shortfall on the UofU athletics budget.
  • 0-1 for the football  season, while displaying some of the worst QB play for the year. Kudos on being the last team that wanted to play football to make it onto the field Utes.
  • 13.5 million settlement for getting one of their student athletes murdered due to negligence and incompetence.
  • A defensive coordinator that texts racial slurs to his recruits. That slap on the wrist they gave him sure looked like it stung.
  • Head Basketball coach comes down with Covid to start the Basketball season.

 

 

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Jack Bauer said:

Well, then lets add Arizona and Texas Tech. They're unranked P5 teams, so that makes them good, right? Maybe Wake Forest? They're free this weekend.

If Washington was ranked like USC and Oregon, I'd bend over backwards, but the way they've gone about this with negotiating through the media is disingenuous, especially when they know they are likely to play Utah.

No idea on the church aspect, wouldn't put it past them.

The rumor I heard was Washington comes to Provo to play this week, and if the Utah/ASU game cancels, they play Utah at RES, and BYU replaces Washington State (COVID) on USC's schedule next week. That would actually make sense to me more than BYU parking their equipment truck in Seattle and taking a charter flight on Thanksgiving to UW, only to get cancelled on that evening.

I'm a little surprised you're siding with the PAC on this one.

 

Nobody cared this year that Liberty beat unranked VaTech and unranked Syracuse.

 

Washington has 4 games on their schedule currently. They don't have "all the leverage". I couldn't care less if we play Washington. Worst PAC fanbase by far.

 

Then you guys aren't truly interested in playing OOC games. You say you are, but the actions don't match that. You guys have already cancelled 3 games on us, and the B1G 2. BYU agreed to everything, and all BYU asked for was to guarantee the game if we came to Seattle. I don't think that's unreasonable. They couldn't do that, so it's a no go. BYU didn't dodge anyone.

Jack it's not "siding with the PAC" here. BYU fans need to get away from the whole "us vs everyone" mentality. I'm a bystander that happens to have a difference of opinion with you. I think playing a game and winning against Washington would look good for BYU. I will concede it's a shit sandwich of a scheduling arrangement where UW can cancel last minute. I hope you find a good team to add to the schedule. You've got such a good team it would be a shame to not play a single P5 opponent or another quality opponent when those are the wins that the committee looks at. 

I think your stance comes down to the fact that you hate UW and their fans, LOL. Question: would you rather play Utah (another unranked P5 team) or UW? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, e-zone99 said:

I guess San Diego St has played their way out of the Championship game so a rescheduling of the Fresno St game won't be a factor.   But I will be surprised if this game even takes place this year.  Washington coaches have been preparing for Utah since yesterday.

 

Well, at least we were ready for anyone, anytime, anywhere.

 

If not UW, how about the other UW?  Wyo, y'all seem lonely this weekend.  Wouldn't mind watching some hard-hitting this weekend.

Link to post
Share on other sites

BYU’s original schedule for this year included @Utah, Michigan St, @ASU, @Minnesota, Missouri, and @BSU...  not to mention they were very close to signing a game with Alabama to kick off the season....  but they’re afraid to play Washington?  The nonsense some of you dolts buy into.  There’s more to it.  If Washington can guarantee the game then it gets played, period.  Here’s to BYU signing a guaranteed game with a high quality opponent - hopefully soon.

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, madmartigan said:

Jack it's not "siding with the PAC" here. BYU fans need to get away from the whole "us vs everyone" mentality. I'm a bystander that happens to have a difference of opinion with you. I think playing a game and winning against Washington would look good for BYU. I will concede it's a shit sandwich of a scheduling arrangement where UW can cancel last minute. I hope you find a good team to add to the schedule. You've got such a good team it would be a shame to not play a single P5 opponent or another quality opponent when those are the wins that the committee looks at. 

I think your stance comes down to the fact that you hate UW and their fans, LOL. Question: would you rather play Utah (another unranked P5 team) or UW? 

I’d rather play Utah - every single time (during covid at least).  That game is easier and cheaper logistically in a year where teams have projected financial shortfalls in the tens of millions.  And it’s BYU’s rival.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I mean to me the smart thing would be to bump up the SDSU game to this Saturday and then figure out the rest after the CFP rankings come out today. You would have 3 weeks left too sch up to 3 games. 

Obviously the HUGE game could be 12/19. Maybe a #5-6 Texas A&M would like to play a top 10 BYU to increase their CFP odds... That is the best game BYU could possible get and it would have upside for both teams.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, madmartigan said:

Jack it's not "siding with the PAC" here. BYU fans need to get away from the whole "us vs everyone" mentality. I'm a bystander that happens to have a difference of opinion with you. I think playing a game and winning against Washington would look good for BYU. I will concede it's a shit sandwich of a scheduling arrangement where UW can cancel last minute. I hope you find a good team to add to the schedule. You've got such a good team it would be a shame to not play a single P5 opponent or another quality opponent when those are the wins that the committee looks at. 

I think your stance comes down to the fact that you hate UW and their fans, LOL. Question: would you rather play Utah (another unranked P5 team) or UW? 

My stance is more "you guys want to negotiate through the media and try to drag my team so you can screw off with your nonsense". Their fans and how they act just up the ante. BYU doesn't need Washington. I'm not sure why everyone thinks that's the benchmark this year. We're not even sure Washington is better than Boise this year. Why are they good? Who have they played? Oregon State and Arizona, teams that likely finish in the bottom third of college football this year.

This year, it makes more sense than ever to play Utah than Washington. It's a drive to get there, no charter. It's our rival. It's cheaper for both teams to play the game. Utah had a much better year last year than Washington.

 

17 minutes ago, thedude15 said:

I mean to me the smart thing would be to bump up the SDSU game to this Saturday and then figure out the rest after the CFP rankings come out today. You would have 3 weeks left too sch up to 3 games. 

Obviously the HUGE game could be 12/19. Maybe a #5-6 Texas A&M would like to play a top 10 BYU to increase their CFP odds... That is the best game BYU could possible get and it would have upside for both teams.

I said that to a friend last night. Go play TAMU on 12/19. I wish SDSU and BYU could have worked it out to play this week. Then you have 3 weeks to schedule 2 games. I think USC will need a dance partner on 12/5 because Washington State will be out with COVID. BYU had discussions at the start of the year to play TAMU in Texas before the SEC went conf only.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...