Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Del Scorcho

byu says no

4 hours ago, Del Scorcho said:

that's what the conference agreed to (not just UW) but all of the PAC12 Presidents. You can be furious at UW, but they offered you the only thing they could which was a GAME IN SEATTLE IF A PAC12 OPPONENT WASN'T AVAILABLE. That's a better game by far than any of of your 2020 schedule and currently UW is undefeated and looked damn good last Saturday. You have to say yes to that game not just for today, but for future scheduling opportunities.

BYU's Sagarin SOS is 112th, UW is ranked 25th in Sagarin. That's a monumental jump up if you play that game. Keep waiting for those other amazing scheduling offers rolling into Holmoe's office

Imagine the good will you'd get from the committee if you'd said yes to that game and UW cancelled on you

there is a food chain aspect to all of this and unfortunately UW > BYU

And, as I pointed out on Sunday, Washington will not be available to play this weekend. Though it hasn't been announced yet, the cancellation of the Utah - ASU game all but guarantees that Washington will be playing Utah. Now you can argue BYU should have just agreed, but then BYU would be out whatever money in short notice non-refundable travel plans they made to get the team and equipment to Seattle, and the hotel in Seattle.

Utah/ASU has been cancelled. I haven't heard if they will be playing UW, seems there is also a chance they reschedule to CU if USC is unable to go.

I'm a desperate man
Send lawyers, guns, and money
The shit has hit the fan

5 minutes ago, Mano said:

Utah/ASU has been cancelled. I haven't heard if they will be playing UW, seems there is also a chance they reschedule to CU if USC is unable to go.

My guess is that they are working out the details on the Washington - Utah game -- deciding where the game will be, working with TV partners to work out when the game will be played, making travel arrangements for the visiting team, etc.

7 hours ago, Del Scorcho said:

the PAC12 has already stipulated that they won't allow non-conference road games because of COVD testing differences. You can complain about that all you want (and I expect you will). But once again, its the only P5 conference (that we know of) that's has come forward and offered you a game  

Like I said, there was no real game to accept. How can you accept something that’s not really there? Utah vs Washington has now been confirmed less than 24 hours of all of these UW vs BYU discussions going down. Why can’t you admit that? There was nothing for BYU to accept. Your Utes are staring 0-2 in the face and you’re still claiming BYU should’ve accepted something that couldn’t have been accepted? When the Pac12 wants to offer a real game, let me know. 

49 minutes ago, TrueCoug said:

Like I said, there was no real game to accept. How can you accept something that’s not really there? Utah vs Washington has now been confirmed less than 24 hours of all of these UW vs BYU discussions going down. Why can’t you admit that? There was nothing for BYU to accept. Your Utes are staring 0-2 in the face and you’re still claiming BYU should’ve accepted something that couldn’t have been accepted? When the Pac12 wants to offer a real game, let me know. 

imagine the outrage we'd be hearing from the Lords University, if UW had approached SDSU before them? BYU fans would be screaming "life was unfair, the Huskies are trying to dodge us, yada, yada, yada. We're better than SDSU, Why do bad things always happen to us?"

No complaints from Utah going to Seattle. We prepped for ASU Monday and Tuesday so we'll lose a couple of days of practice but these are strange times and you have to adjust. No complaints from SDSU going to play in Seattle either.

Utah's A.D.

BYU's A.D.

giphy.gif

I pray that in my life at some point I will love something as much as BYU fans hate Stewart Mandel. 

Responses contain good comedy. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

10 hours ago, Del Scorcho said:

that's what the conference agreed to (not just UW) but all of the PAC12 Presidents. You can be furious at UW, but they offered you the only thing they could which was a GAME IN SEATTLE IF A PAC12 OPPONENT WASN'T AVAILABLE. That's a better game by far than any of of your 2020 schedule and currently UW is undefeated and looked damn good last Saturday. You have to say yes to that game not just for today, but for future scheduling opportunities.

BYU's Sagarin SOS is 112th, UW is ranked 25th in Sagarin. That's a monumental jump up if you play that game. Keep waiting for those other amazing scheduling offers rolling into Holmoe's office

Imagine the good will you'd get from the committee if you'd said yes to that game and UW cancelled on you

there is a food chain aspect to all of this and unfortunately UW > BYU

I wish they could have gotten the game done, but it wouldn't have mattered with the Utah-ASU game being cancelled.  I am glad BYU didn't spend unnecessarily on the game, though.

4 hours ago, Del Scorcho said:

imagine the outrage we'd be hearing from the Lords University, if UW had approached SDSU before them? BYU fans would be screaming "life was unfair, the Huskies are trying to dodge us, yada, yada, yada. We're better than SDSU, Why do bad things always happen to us?"

No complaints from Utah going to Seattle. We prepped for ASU Monday and Tuesday so we'll lose a couple of days of practice but these are strange times and you have to adjust. No complaints from SDSU going to play in Seattle either.

Utah's A.D.

BYU's A.D.

giphy.gif

So now you’re creating new arguments to deflect from the fact your original argument holds no water? What does anything in your post have to do with BYU never having a real offer to accept? 

BYU proved that their decision was the right one. In less than 24 hours of their decision, it was proven to be the correct decision. There is no scenario under the sun in which BYU and UW could be playing this weekend, as we stated all along. Yet you still want to suggest BYU should’ve accepted the “game”? What game? 

And why would Utah be complaining about going to UW? Weren’t they going to be on the road anyway? So instead of Arizona, they’re going to Washington. Big deal? It was always going to be a road game for you this week. 

And who cares about SDSU? They wouldn’t have accepted an “offer” to play either. And even if they did, we see how it would’ve turned out for them. 

Come back when you can admit BYU made the right call and the Pac12’s stipulations basically prevent any OOC game from actually happening. 

BYU got hosed by the #14 ranking but I love that it’s still higher than any Pac12 team. And almost every major media outlet agrees BYU got hosed. 

7 hours ago, TrueCoug said:

So now you’re creating new arguments to deflect from the fact your original argument holds no water? What does anything in your post have to do with BYU never having a real offer to accept? 

BYU proved that their decision was the right one. In less than 24 hours of their decision, it was proven to be the correct decision. There is no scenario under the sun in which BYU and UW could be playing this weekend, as we stated all along. Yet you still want to suggest BYU should’ve accepted the “game”? What game? 

And why would Utah be complaining about going to UW? Weren’t they going to be on the road anyway? So instead of Arizona, they’re going to Washington. Big deal? It was always going to be a road game for you this week. 

And who cares about SDSU? They wouldn’t have accepted an “offer” to play either. And even if they did, we see how it would’ve turned out for them. 

Come back when you can admit BYU made the right call and the Pac12’s stipulations basically prevent any OOC game from actually happening. 

BYU got hosed by the #14 ranking but I love that it’s still higher than any Pac12 team. And almost every major media outlet agrees BYU got hosed. 

at least some of you get it

25 minutes ago, Del Scorcho said:

at least some of you get it

You're going to quote Jimmy Rex and act like he's some BYU fan voice of reason? The guy is an aspiring real estate personality in the state of Utah. He has to pander to both the Utah and BYU fan bases because they put money in his pocket. You're going to use a worthless tweet from Jimmy to validate your already weak argument?

The only thing BYU botched was not coming out publicly with all the reasons the game fell through and controlling the absolutely false narrative. Even during Kalani's interview on ESPN last night with Reece Davis and Kirk Herbstreit, you could tell he was holding back on speaking his mind on the UW situation. But he made it very clear they were not scared of UW and they were fully preparing to play them this weekend. The coaches and players were of the belief an agreement was in place and they even practiced and game prepped for UW. You can listen to that right in his interview. See for yourself: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psXH5sYPlEU Sorry if that doesn't fit your narrative Del Scorcho. Enjoy sitting at 0-2 this weekend. 

BYU has to be the nice guy and take the upper road and has to be careful not to shame the Pac12 publicly. We have over a dozen Pac12 games scheduled out over the next handful of years. 

5 minutes ago, TrueCoug said:

You're going to quote Jimmy Rex and act like he's some BYU fan voice of reason? The guy is an aspiring real estate personality in the state of Utah. He has to pander to both the Utah and BYU fan bases because they put money in his pocket. You're going to use a worthless tweet from Jimmy to validate your already weak argument?

The only thing BYU botched was not coming out publicly with all the reasons the game fell through and controlling the absolutely false narrative. Even during Kalani's interview on ESPN last night with Reece Davis and Kirk Herbstreit, you could tell he was holding back on speaking his mind on the UW situation. But he made it very clear they were not scared of UW and they were fully preparing to play them this weekend. The coaches and players were of the belief an agreement was in place and they even practiced and game prepped for UW. You can listen to that right in his interview. See for yourself: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psXH5sYPlEU Sorry if that doesn't fit your narrative Del Scorcho. Enjoy sitting at 0-2 this weekend. 

BYU has to be the nice guy and take the upper road and has to be careful not to shame the Pac12 publicly. We have over a dozen Pac12 games scheduled out over the next handful of years. 

there are a couple of byu posters in this thread alone that have confirmed byu handled it poorly. You need to get past this notion that because they are byu they are incapable of making mistakes

Are all Ute fans this dense?  As a third party observer who doesn’t have blind hate for byu (only hate for when they bring up Nevada’s schedule move back in 2008) I can say that this Ute fan would be doing his trolling either way. A- BYU not agreeing to one-sided deal that was going to get canceled anyway. And B- Washington dumping BYU to play Utah instead.  This del scorcho guy would be trolling if option B had happened with a “neener neener neener Utah took your game” attitude.  

save your BYU hate for something real. 

On 11/23/2020 at 7:25 PM, brillio said:

Dude who cares. You’re spending so much time obsessing over BYU on the MW board.  

does someone have a gun to your head forcing you to read this thread?

you should become familiar with the ignore button, its very useful

7 minutes ago, brillio said:

Are all Ute fans this dense?  As a third party observer who doesn’t have blind hate for byu (only hate for when they bring up Nevada’s schedule move back in 2008) I can say that this Ute fan would be doing his trolling either way. A- BYU not agreeing to one-sided deal that was going to get canceled anyway. And B- Washington dumping BYU to play Utah instead.  This del scorcho guy would be trolling if option B had happened with a “neener neener neener Utah took your game” attitude.  

save your BYU hate for something real. 

If BYU knew the chances of the game being not played was high it was stupid not to take the game. Either way it was stupid. Their schedule is horrendous - but not their fault. The narrative of “we’ve done everything we can” in this situation carries weight. BYU is a PR machine. It knows this. 

24 minutes ago, Del Scorcho said:

does someone have a gun to your head forcing you to read this thread?

you should become familiar with the ignore button, its very useful

I’m sorry I’m on the conference board that my school is in.  Apologies.

Just admit that you’d be trolling either way.  This is pretty weak. 

23 minutes ago, NevadaFan said:

If BYU knew the chances of the game being not played was high it was stupid not to take the game. Either way it was stupid. Their schedule is horrendous - but not their fault. The narrative of “we’ve done everything we can” in this situation carries weight. BYU is a PR machine. It knows this. 

If unlv were in this situation (for basketball obviously- they’d never be in talks for anything serious in football) I wouldn’t be making a huge deal like del scorcho is. I’d see that the scheduling would’ve made it so the game would’ve never happened anyway.

So what’s the point? for Twitter likes?  The cfp isn’t letting them in either way