Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Del Scorcho

byu says no

There is nobody on this planet who despises BYWHO more than myself - HOWEVER - I don't blame them at all for declining to play AT Washington for ZERO $$$$ and no commitment.  They would be morons to accept a deal like that.   Which they may well be.....................BUT

image.jpeg.85480f5c3eeffa935e32578105fbd25e.jpeg

Who here really cares who BY plays? The outrage here is all about wanting to see them lose in some way. I’m OK with that but to feign outrage that they wouldn’t take a CRAP deal is laughable... especially from BS-U or Carson St. I really love the speculation about “surely there is guaranteed money is the game is canceled “. Really?

1 hour ago, Bronco7454 said:

There is nobody on this planet who despises BYWHO more than myself - HOWEVER - I don't blame them at all for declining to play AT Washington for ZERO $$$$ and no commitment.  They would be morons to accept a deal like that.   Which they may well be.....................BUT

image.jpeg.85480f5c3eeffa935e32578105fbd25e.jpeg

Who knows what the $$$$ might be, but there is a chance it could cost BYU $$$$ just to play this type of game (expenses > received revenue).  Game contracts are hard enough with normally taking weeks if not months and attorneys drawing up the contracts on both sides.  Now try to do it in matter of day and have very little benefit for one side of the contract (any team playing a Pac 12 team).  The only benefit I see BYU might get from this is maybe a game played against, maybe a good Pac 12 team (if Washington finished 3-3 how good would the BYU win look then).  I don't want BYU to schedule any games with Pac 12 schools under the Pac 12 current terms.

Speaking as a fan of a school that had to deal with the week to week machinations of the committee, the BYU AD really screwed the pooch on this one when it comes to the playoff and the NY6.  It doesnt matter where BYU is in the rankings week 1.  It only matters where they finish.  And the lack of games they have on the back end will only hurt if everyone else is playing.  And the lack of decent opponents hurts, too. BYU NEEDED that game.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

10 hours ago, #1Stunner said:

I have literally tens of thousands of posts about BYU on Utefans.net under my "Sweetgrass" account on the Utah site.  Including the call to expand BYU enrollment.

Hard to keep track.  I mostly post about BYU, yes.

Holy shit!  You have averaged over 9 posts a day every day on this site for TEN YEARS. Plus you have tens of thousands of posts on a Ute board? That’s a lot of internet trolling.  Must be a fulfilling adventure for you. Your family must be proud. 

Guest #1Stunner
19 minutes ago, cosinama said:

Holy shit!  You have averaged over 9 posts a day every day on this site for TEN YEARS. Plus you have tens of thousands of posts on a Ute board? That’s a lot of internet trolling.  Must be a fulfilling adventure for you. Your family must be proud. 

^^^ Too dumb and to follow what's going on.  HA!

Are you saying that a posting hundreds of thousands of posts about BYU under the Sweetgrass account on Utefans.net, posting on this board, AND, also posting on the PAC12 Board is being a "loser"!?!?

Why?

13 hours ago, robe said:

It’s very simple if we need help to get into a NY6 game BYU will play a P12 team if not we won’t. 

Or to put this in a more accurate way, we (BYU) think we have a good chance to be selected for a NY6 right now, so we're deathly afraid to play a team who could potentially beat us and screw it up.

1 minute ago, bsu_alum9 said:

Anybody, anywhere, any time, as long as prep time, odds that game will be played, testing protocol, and potential ramifications to our resume are taken into consideration.

Tom Holmoe? That guy should be on Trumps staff. 😂😂

Guest #1Stunner

Glad Tom Holmoe isnt scheduling Washington, since they would just cancel on Thursday night of this week, leaving BYU without a game.

Washington vs Wazzu game is cancelled.

Utah vs ASU will be cancelled in a few days...

That means Washington will be playing Utah under the PAC12 rules, and that neither Washington, nor Utah have any availability.   

Sign a contract with a team who will commit.

14 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

Looks like they don’t want to have a shot at the playoffs. I can’t imagine the rating committee will look favorably On BYU turning down a game with UW. 

They’ve never had a shot at the playoffs. You’re smarter than this. Beating an unranked Washington team doesn’t change this

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

12 hours ago, Del Scorcho said:

byu fans clearly don't want to challenge themselves or see exactly how good they are. They want to back into a NY6 game.

but I bet your players do, I bet they are pissed. They're competitors. I bet they want UW, Utah or any other P12 team.

I think if Washington is willing to guarantee the game, BYU is more than willing to play.  You know as well as anyone what this really is

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

12 hours ago, Spaztecs said:

Looks better than every win on your cupcake schedule.

All you have is a blowout win over a fairly 'meh' Boise squad.

Anybody (We should beat)

Anytime (8 pm local)

Anywhere (whines because it's not on your terms)

:Clapping:

Oh, so now Boise sucks too? Damn. That’s what you guys would say about Washington if BYU went up there and beat them

Guest #1Stunner
18 minutes ago, Jack Bauer said:

I think if Washington is willing to guarantee the game, BYU is more than willing to play.  You know as well as anyone what this really is

Washington can't do it, because of the PAC12 Thursday cancellation conference rules.

The fact that reportedly as much as half of ASU's team currently STILL has Covid, means that Utah vs ASU is going to be cancelled in a couple days, and Washington is playing Utah this weekend.

It would be fun to play Washington, but they never had any availability this weekend, and they know that (they are already planning on Utah).  PAC12 spin.

Play any team that will commit instead.  Maybe an SEC team will open up.

1 hour ago, bsu_alum9 said:

Anybody, anywhere, any time, as long as prep time, odds that game will be played, testing protocol, and potential ramifications to our resume are taken into consideration.

HiS hEaDbAnD iS a LeGaLlY bInDiNg DoCuMeNt WhIcH mEaNs We CaN jErK bYu ArOuNd!!!