Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Del Scorcho

byu says no

3 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

My only sock is this guy:. Sweetgrass (on BYUChat.net, AKA Utefans.net)

I play the role of a Ute Fan that obsesses about BYU 

https://www.utefans.net/t/uw-wsu-cancelled/4607/5

lol, I see you visit Utefans

are you a regular, what's your socks on there?

I also posted about cooking a turkey tonight

Guest #1Stunner
1 minute ago, Del Scorcho said:

lol, I see you visit Utefans

are you a regular, what's your socks on there?

I also posted about cooking a turkey tonight

Yes, my account on Utefans is "Sweetgrass".

I just disclosed that.

I've been posting there as Sweetgrass for years.  It's fine.

1 minute ago, #1Stunner said:

Yes, my account on Utefans is "Sweetgrass".

I just disclosed that.

I've been posting there as Sweetgrass for years.  It's fine.

then you agree with me that byu is taking the cowards way out. cool

I'm (I mean you are) also Scorcho on the Pac12 message board

Guest #1Stunner
5 minutes ago, Del Scorcho said:

then you agree with me that byu is taking the cowards way out. cool

I have literally tens of thousands of posts about BYU on Utefans.net under my "Sweetgrass" account on the Utah site.  Including the call to expand BYU enrollment.

Hard to keep track.  I mostly post about BYU, yes.

Just now, #1Stunner said:

I have literally tens of thousands of posts about BYU on Utefans.net under my "Sweetgrass" account on the Utah site.

Hard to keep track.  I mostly post about BYU, yes.

search and report back, you'll be sadly disappointed

I’m sure that every MW team would gladly put up the 10’s to 100’s of thousands of dollars that would be pissed away when they had the game yanked a day before it was played. After Clemson lost $300,000 that would look real good for the person that made that decision. Yeah every program here is so flush with cash that tossing a few $100k is just pocket change. 

Now for full disclosure, I don’t think any MW program should ever schedule BYU either.

Guest #1Stunner
2 minutes ago, Del Scorcho said:

search and report back, you'll be sadly disappointed

Keep your head up.

BYU is 9-0, having a fun season, despite the COVID situation, and challenges with the pandemic.

Utah is 0-1, yes, but has some exciting games remaining.

Just be glad the season is happening.  Despite your prior fearmongering posts that any school playing college football this fall was reckless, (curiously you stopped doing that once the PAC12 reversed course), we all get to enjoy college football..

Be Grateful.

5 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

Keep your head up.

BYU is 9-0, having a fun season, despite the COVID situation, and challenges with the pandemic.

Utah is 0-1, yes, but has some exciting games remaining.

Just be glad the season is happening.  Despite your prior fearmongering posts that any school playing college football this fall was reckless, (curiously you stopped doing that once the PAC12 reversed course), we all get to enjoy college football..

Be Grateful.

in a couple of days hundreds of college basketball teams will be flying in and out of cities during a pandemic that is out of control, its stupid were playing sports right now

I've really struggled to watch sports this year.  Just like going to restaurants, movies, plays concerts. Its unnecessary

Guest #1Stunner
2 minutes ago, Del Scorcho said:

in a couple of days hundreds of college basketball teams will be flying in and out of cities during a pandemic that is out of control, its stupid were playing sports right now

I've really struggled to watch sports this year.  Just like going to restaurants, movies, plays concerts. Its unnecessary

If it's this upsetting for you, and causing you anxiety, maybe step away for a while.

Unplug.  You and I have no say in it.

4 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

If it's this upsetting for you, and causing you anxiety, maybe step away for a while.

Unplug.  You and I have no say in it.

clearly the PAC-12, B1G, MWC and MAC were the most cautious in moving forward. Public sentiment forced those groups to play IMO. Fortunately they've pulled it of so far, and it looks like sports can proceed safely if there is lots and lots of testing. In hindsight those conferences would have been better served playing earlier, but it is what it is. I'll admit to being wrong about that.

For me, college football is an event, and minus all the things that make it an event (band, fans, tailgaiting, etc). its just not as interesting. 

5 minutes ago, Del Scorcho said:

Do you realize that only 2 people younger than 18 in CA have died from covid in almost a year now? And the 18 to 22 folks are nearly as low. Yes, there are a few cases of the illness that have caused some cardiac swelling that returns to normal, but quite rare. The biggest risk is the coaches, and they’re big boys and know how to deal with it. 

Also, in the next 30 days 20mil doses will be available, and much more in January. As being first in line, Trump ordered 300 million doses about 8 months or so ago for us. So we’ll get ours quick. Relax. 

kat.jpg

10 minutes ago, Nevada Convert said:

Do you realize that only 2 people younger than 18 in CA have died from covid in almost a year now? And the 18 to 22 folks are nearly as low. Yes, there are a few cases of the illness that have caused some cardiac swelling that returns to normal, but quite rare. The biggest risk is the coaches, and they’re big boys and know how to deal with it. 

Also, in the next 30 days 20mil doses will be available, and much more in January. As being first in line, Trump ordered 300 million doses about 8 months or so ago for us. So we’ll get ours quick. Relax. 

for most of us, this will likely be the biggest world event crisis that we will face in our lifetime.

maybe our college athletes could have been put to better use than sports this year, staffing food banks, building hospitals or other community services, building hospitals. That would have had a tremendous impact in our communities, and it would have been incredibly rewarding for them personally. And were probably going to need those services more than ever in a few weeks

I respect that others don't agree with my opinion, that's just how I feel this year.

2 hours ago, quickdraw said:

I’m sure that every MW team would gladly put up the 10’s to 100’s of thousands of dollars that would be pissed away when they had the game yanked a day before it was played. After Clemson lost $300,000 that would look real good for the person that made that decision. Yeah every program here is so flush with cash that tossing a few $100k is just pocket change. 

Now for full disclosure, I don’t think any MW program should ever schedule BYU either.

I'm not a fan of scheduling any Pac 12 team with their current requirements for any non-conference team that they allow to play them.

1. All Pac-12 testing and related protocols must be adhered to by the non-conference opponent

2. The non-conference game will in all cases be a home game for the Pac-12 team, broadcast by a Pac-12 television partner

3. If a Pac-12 opponent becomes available by the end of day Thursday in any given week, the Conference game must be played in lieu of any non-conference game

The Pac 12 is calling all the shots and they think non-conference teams should feel so honored to just have the opportunity to play the any Pac 12 team.   I'm kind of surprised they didn't include that the non-conference team play for free because the great honor of playing the mighty Pac 12 team,  I say the Pac 12 can take their requirements and pound sand,

Link; https://pac-12.com/article/2020/11/19/pac-12-approves-flexibility-schedule-non-conference-football-games#:~:text=The non-conference game will,of any non-conference game.

BYU is in need of games to boost credibility. Right now they have none. Beat UW by 40 points and people would take notice. It only makes sense to take the game if available or not. Sitting home accomplishes nothing.

I see another mythical NC on the horizon for BYU after finishing 12-0 against a bunch of also rans and a 7-5 Big Ten team in the Vanilla Bowl. 

Well, BYU either needed to take the UW game or make some PR out of refusing it.  You can't just have some fans on a message board explaining why you declined it.

If their AD would come out VERY publicly and announce that they were interested in a game but could not abide by the Pac 12 policy that they could cancel the game in favor of a different team after BYU had spent deposits on charter, lodging, and have the cancellation happen while their equipment truck was halfway to Seattle.  A legit position IMO, but you fail if you keep it secret.

If you're going to puss out, explain why or all you did was puss out.

3 hours ago, quickdraw said:

lulz. like there would be no insurance or contractual provisions in place that would cover such an event in this climate. 

logistically it could be a pain in the ass if the equipment truck was in kennewick or something when it got suddenly called off, but to act like there wouldn't be some contractual clause that would address reimbursement in the event of such an event is naive and out of touch.