Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Del Scorcho

byu says no

1 minute ago, Del Scorcho said:

when's the last time you beat either of those schools? 

Why does that matter. If you are in the top 10 you don’t play a team like this. Your only point is pride. But a NY6 bowl will allow you to prove yourself.

The Masters 5k road race All American.

2 minutes ago, brillio said:

What’s the big deal?  They’re waiting to see if something better comes up. 

It’s BYU trolls who are upset that BYU is going to look out for BYU. 

4 minutes ago, robe said:

Why does that matter. If you are in the top 10 you don’t play a team like this. Your only point is pride. But a NY6 bowl will allow you to prove yourself.

sagarin has byu's strength of schedule as 112th.  That's why. UW is ranked #25

8 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Robe, your school looks bad here.  Sorry, that is a fact.

Wrong.  How do people still not know how this works?

Tom said he was going to wait until the ratings come out before Washington sent the offer. Regardless the requirements are ridiculous. 

3 minutes ago, Del Scorcho said:

sagarin has byu's strength of schedule as 112th that's why. UW is ranked #25

It’s very simple if we need help to get into a NY6 game BYU will play a P12 team if not we won’t. 

12 minutes ago, robe said:

It is base on the playoff rankings. They made that adjustment a few years ago. You must of missed that.

But that has nothing to do with being ranked 12 or higher. As I understand it, there will likely be one "at-large" spot for the NY6 bowls, so BYU would need to be the highest rated team not selected -- and several selected teams (due to contractual obligations) may be lower rated than BYU.

30 minutes ago, Del Scorcho said:

I remember when BYU fans were claiming the committee should take into account their intent to schedule. 

From what I'm seeing, the best comparison is the Clemson vs. Florida State game, where Clemson is reported to have spent close to $300,000 to play the game, only to have it cancelled. My understanding, this is the big problem BYU has with this game. BYU would have to pay to start moving equipment 900 miles, line up charter flights and hotels, etc; and not know until Thursday night if the game will be played. The PAC-12 requirement here is ridiculous, particularly when teams are already strapped financially (BYU states they have a $20 million athletic budget shortfall this year), to have to pay thousands of dollars when the game can be cancelled by the PAC-12 a little more than a day before.

3 minutes ago, raadsel said:

From what I'm seeing, the best comparison is the Clemson vs. Florida State game, where Clemson is reported to have spent close to $300,000 to play the game, only to have it cancelled. My understanding, this is the big problem BYU has with this game. BYU would have to pay to start moving equipment 900 miles, line up charter flights and hotels, etc; and not know until Thursday night if the game will be played. The PAC-12 requirement here is ridiculous, particularly when teams are already strapped financially (BYU states they have a $20 million athletic budget shortfall this year), to have to pay thousands of dollars when the game can be cancelled by the PAC-12 a little more than a day before.

compare that to the cost of making a NY6 game vs. not? Its a risk you have to take. The playoff committee will be fully aware that BYU refused to upgrade its 112th ranked schedule. I think BYU is a very good team this year and could likely win a game in Seattle

18 minutes ago, robe said:

Tom said he was going to wait until the ratings come out before Washington sent the offer. Regardless the requirements are ridiculous. 

Bawwkk, bawwkk, bawwwkkk. Here’s the chance to a play an undefeated PAC team and BYUs going to back out. 

6 minutes ago, Del Scorcho said:

compare that to the cost of making a NY6 game vs. not? Its a risk you have to take. The playoff committee will be fully aware that BYU refused to upgrade its 112th ranked schedule. I think BYU is a very good team this year and could likely win a game in Seattle

I thought this Tweet was interesting, I now have it from two sources that Washington’s coaching staff is prepping to play Utah this weekend.

If you are BYU, why do you have any expectation of the game being played? It is already expected that ASU will not be able to play this week, and that Washington is very likely to be playing Utah this weekend. Not to mention, if BYU were to win at Washington, what guarantee would they have of getting an NY6 invite?

28 minutes ago, robe said:

It’s BYU trolls who are upset that BYU is going to look out for BYU. 

BYU “trolls” = Those of us who think BYU, its admin, and several of its angry fans are full of dung? BYU football is a PR campaign. P5 football my ass. 

1 minute ago, raadsel said:

I thought this Tweet was interesting, I now have it from two sources that Washington’s coaching staff is prepping to play Utah this weekend.

If you are BYU, why do you have any expectation of the game being played? It is already expected that ASU will not be able to play this week, and that Washington is very likely to be playing Utah this weekend.

Utah vs. ASU has been pushed back to Sunday so they could play.