Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

retrofade

Biden's Cabinet

On 12/2/2020 at 5:15 PM, azgreg said:

I believe Wray was next in line of the FBI chain of command, anyway.  If Biden brought in someone else as the top guy it would probably damage morale.  It's bad enough as is since Barr decimated the department.  Merrick Garland has a lot to fix.     

46 minutes ago, aztech said:

I believe Wray was next in line of the FBI chain of command, anyway.  If Biden brought in someone else as the top guy it would probably damage morale.  It's bad enough as is since Barr decimated the department.  Merrick Garland has a lot to fix.     

Wray replaced Comey as FBI Director. 

1 minute ago, aztech said:

Correct, I believe Wray was next in line behind Comey.

McCabe was the #2 at the FBI when Comey was fired, and he took over as acting director until Wray was nominated for the position. Wray was a DoJ official, and actually worked with Comey when he was the Deputy Attorney General and nearly resigned along with Comey, Mueller, and others over the illegal surveillance techniques the Bush administration (mostly Cheney) were trying to push though. He was in private practice when nominated for the top job at the FBI.

1 hour ago, retrofade said:

McCabe was the #2 at the FBI when Comey was fired, and he took over as acting director until Wray was nominated for the position. Wray was a DoJ official, and actually worked with Comey when he was the Deputy Attorney General and nearly resigned along with Comey, Mueller, and others over the illegal surveillance techniques the Bush administration (mostly Cheney) were trying to push though. He was in private practice when nominated for the top job at the FBI.

Well we know what happened to #2 McCabe.