Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

retrofade

Biden's Cabinet

21 hours ago, Billings said:

Gee. People with deep backgrounds in their fields being chosen for the proper cabinet position.  A cabinet that will look like America instead of a bunch of old white men as well.

Refreshing

And all those poor Fox News staffers that were polishing up their resume's waiting to be tapped by Trump.  What will they do now?

Especially if.....gasp.....stupid white people tune somewhere else...

5 minutes ago, SharkTanked said:

Not a fan of the Kerry pick. OTOH, it is for climate change, which isn't among my top priorities at present, so a meh guy for a meh post. I can live with it.

The rest of the picks seem pretty solid so far.

You must be old if you don’t mind being dead in ten years. 

5 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

You must be old if you don’t mind being dead in ten years. 

Ain't nobody gonna fix the problem. The horse left the barn decades ago. Jesus could be born again and made climate czar and we would still need SPF 1,000 in ten years.

The only "rooting interest" I have for climate change is to clean up the environment, but all that stuff seems like #10 or below on the current "to do" list. Oh for the simpler times when we were worried about greenhouse gasses (and not the economy, a global pandemic, war with Iran, a real civil war reenactment, etc.).

20 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

I have it on good authority that we will be dead well before then after the suburbs will be burned to the ground.

I've started a new business selling and installing window bars. I'm using election data to target and market to deep red suburbs; business is booming. If anyone is interested, I'm setting up franchising opportunities. Here's one of the trucks my employees drive around the neighborhood for a few week before we send out targeted mailers :ph34r:

Antifa hunter' Daniel McMahon who made racist threats online sentenced to 3  years in prison - The Washington Post

32 minutes ago, Blue voodoo said:

No I call it as I see it.Sorry I messy up your day.Keep confirming.you can +++++ right of commie.

So, just your eyes are racist...

And so if he is right of commie, would that make him a centrist?

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

On 11/23/2020 at 1:04 PM, NorthWestCowboy said:

John Kerry as Biden's Climate Czar?

This is just an awful pick if it actually happens.  A polarizing individual much like Al Gore.  In my opinion the worst thing to ever happen to advancing the science of and the need to address climate change was Al Gore.  By all means Joe, choose someone that will again try to scold us and try to scare us into action.  When will the Democratic leadership learn that you advance climate change science into action by selling the economic benefits of renewable fuels and technologies.  If you preach, scold and fear monger you will be met with resistance.  So frustrating the selection of John Kerry to this position would be.  We need a Climate Czar that is young, energetic and optimistic.  Not a Boomer that half the country loathes going back as far as the Vietnam war!

When it comes to climate change I am so sick and tired of being stuck in between the head in the sand science deniers on the right and the unimaginative fear mongers on the left.  There are real solutions and ideas that can be taken that would not only reduce carbon emissions but also grow jobs and the economy.

It is an old fartapalooza.  Jesus,  when will these old folks finally give someone in their 30s or 40s a shot?

Posted Image

What does the Climate Change Envoy do exactly?  Is it the person in charge of the EPA?  It sounds like a mostly figurehead position.  (It does seem like a scientist should be in the role, but maybe it's just press and meetings all day?)

Thankfully that (so far) there doesn't seem to be any crazy appointees.

1 hour ago, WAC_FAN said:

What does the Climate Change Envoy do exactly?  Is it the person in charge of the EPA?  It sounds like a mostly figurehead position.  (It does seem like a scientist should be in the role, but maybe it's just press and meetings all day?)

Read this the other day, it's freaking crazy how many "appointee" positions there are.

Check this out:

https://www.npr.org/sections/money/2020/11/17/935430860/are-there-too-many-political-appointees

The transition to the Biden administration may be going, let us say, a bit slower than transitions have in the past. But the rumbles of the age-old, post-election shift in Washington can still be heard. Thousands of victorious campaign staffers, donors, glory seekers, and hangers-ons will soon be swarming the capital in search of jobs in the new administration. And, in a few weeks, there will be a convenient guidebook published for them.

The book is officially called United States Government Policy and Supporting Positions, but it's better known as the Plum Book because of its purple cover — and also probably because it's filled with plum jobs, many of which are appointed by the winning presidential candidate. The book is published every four years after presidential elections. It's a long list of positions around the federal government, typically providing information on who last held them and what their salary was.

1 hour ago, WAC_FAN said:

My guess is that it's going to be a lot of coordination between EPA, corporate interests, as well as international partners. 

1 hour ago, renoskier said:

Read this the other day, it's freaking crazy how many "appointee" positions there are.

Check this out:

https://www.npr.org/sections/money/2020/11/17/935430860/are-there-too-many-political-appointees

The transition to the Biden administration may be going, let us say, a bit slower than transitions have in the past. But the rumbles of the age-old, post-election shift in Washington can still be heard. Thousands of victorious campaign staffers, donors, glory seekers, and hangers-ons will soon be swarming the capital in search of jobs in the new administration. And, in a few weeks, there will be a convenient guidebook published for them.

The book is officially called United States Government Policy and Supporting Positions, but it's better known as the Plum Book because of its purple cover — and also probably because it's filled with plum jobs, many of which are appointed by the winning presidential candidate. The book is published every four years after presidential elections. It's a long list of positions around the federal government, typically providing information on who last held them and what their salary was.

How many more positions outside the “standard” appointments will Biden have to fill since Trump filled them with only people that agree with him and nationalism? Several hundred?