Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

retrofade

Biden's Cabinet

Yellen is a solid choice. I don't like that Blinken was the architect of Obama's Syria policy but he's a step up after dealing with Pompeo's crazy ass. 

Gee. People with deep backgrounds in their fields being chosen for the proper cabinet position.  A cabinet that will look like America instead of a bunch of old white men as well.

Refreshing

2 hours ago, NorthWestCowboy said:

John Kerry as Biden's Climate Czar?

This is just an awful pick if it actually happens.  A polarizing individual much like Al Gore.  In my opinion the worst thing to ever happen to advancing the science of and the need to address climate change was Al Gore.  By all means Joe, choose someone that will again try to scold us and try to scare us into action.  When will the Democratic leadership learn that you advance climate change science into action by selling the economic benefits of renewable fuels and technologies.  If you preach, scold and fear monger you will be met with resistance.  So frustrating the selection of John Kerry to this position would be.  We need a Climate Czar that is young, energetic and optimistic.  Not a Boomer that half the country loathes going back as far as the Vietnam war!

When it comes to climate change I am so sick and tired of being stuck in between the head in the sand science deniers on the right and the unimaginative fear mongers on the left.  There are real solutions and ideas that can be taken that would not only reduce carbon emissions but also grow jobs and the economy.

I don't know about this; really think we need a second opinion.

Hey, @Bob what do you think?

1 hour ago, Billings said:

Gee. People with deep backgrounds in their fields being chosen for the proper cabinet position.  A cabinet that will look like America instead of a bunch of old white men as well.

Refreshing

Women, African Americans, Hispanics, all highly qualified.  Pretty cool...

19 hours ago, Maji said:

That was right after the tax cuts? It's not "austerian" to suggest that expanding the deficit during an economic expansion might not be great economic policy. Paying debt down during expansion is a fundamental aspect of Keynesian economics, which is what Democrats used to faithfully believe in.

19 hours ago, Mano said:

Seems like all the picks are very competent people for the positions they are being placed in. What a novel concept.

Fake News.

I don't see a single member of the Biden family in those picks. 

20 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

That was right after the tax cuts? It's not "austerian" to suggest that expanding the deficit during an economic expansion might not be great economic policy. Paying debt down during expansion is a fundamental aspect of Keynesian economics, which is what Democrats used to faithfully believe in.

I believe the Tweeter is referring to her public comments in general. Not sure

Economic views on the deficit have changed a lot over the last 10 years

1 minute ago, Maji said:

I believe the Tweeter is referring to her public comments in general. Not sure

Economic views on the deficit have changed a lot over the last 10 years

Oh, we're about to go back to where we were 10 years ago, though. Deficit = tyranny when a Dem is in the White House.

36 minutes ago, retrofade said:

Fake News.

I don't see a single member of the Biden family in those picks. 

Hunter Biden to be named US Ambassador to The Ukraine...

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

On 11/23/2020 at 2:04 PM, NorthWestCowboy said:

John Kerry as Biden's Climate Czar?

This is just an awful pick if it actually happens.  A polarizing individual much like Al Gore.  In my opinion the worst thing to ever happen to advancing the science of and the need to address climate change was Al Gore.  By all means Joe, choose someone that will again try to scold us and try to scare us into action.  When will the Democratic leadership learn that you advance climate change science into action by selling the economic benefits of renewable fuels and technologies.  If you preach, scold and fear monger you will be met with resistance.  So frustrating the selection of John Kerry to this position would be.  We need a Climate Czar that is young, energetic and optimistic.  Not a Boomer that half the country loathes going back as far as the Vietnam war!

When it comes to climate change I am so sick and tired of being stuck in between the head in the sand science deniers on the right and the unimaginative fear mongers on the left.  There are real solutions and ideas that can be taken that would not only reduce carbon emissions but also grow jobs and the economy.

you-cant-be-serial.jpg