Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

Sports in Nevada are “cancelled”

Just now, NevadaFan said:

I think Mug is wrong on this. This doesn’t impact college sports. 

You sure?

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

1 hour ago, LoboMan59 said:

UNM has had ZERO covid cases since moving to Vegas.

LM59 you can't be that far gone....sarcasm!

11 minutes ago, mugtang said:

You sure?

Mug I certainly don't have any insight into this, but I'd think that it's aimed at the civilian population. They don't have any organized method of tracking and testing like college and pros. 

50 minutes ago, jdw said:

LM59 you can't be that far gone....sarcasm!

Funny you should say that... I was thinking of adding that we could have had ZERO cases here in ABQ, if the governor would consider the bubble that UNM lives in. And yes... going through what the football and now basketball teams have to do to even practice, let alone play... I've gotten a little thin-skinned, lol. I support the governor in trying to stem the spread of covid, but think she way off base with college sports.

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

2 hours ago, Headbutt said:

Colorado does it by county, and if a county goes "level red" then they are under those exact restrictions (among some other really stupid ones).  Larimer County (home of CSU) will go red on Tuesday, but El Paso (home of AFA) is not scheduled for the same draconian treatment.

We don’t meet the criteria to go Red but for some reason, the Larimer County brass decided to do it anyway.  

Just now, Swoll Cracker said:

We don’t meet the criteria to go Red but for some reason, the Larimer County brass decided to do it anyway.  

Yeah, I know.  They actually skipped over orange to go from yellow to red.  I was wondering if I was the only one that caught that they'd overplayed their hand.  I'll point that out if they show up on Thanksgiving asking why I'm having an illegal gathering.

2 minutes ago, Headbutt said:

Yeah, I know.  They actually skipped over orange to go from yellow to red.  I was wondering if I was the only one that caught that they'd overplayed their hand.  I'll point that out if they show up on Thanksgiving asking why I'm having an illegal gathering.

Word is that it was all politics going to Red.  As for Thanksgiving, as a friend of ours said “On Thanksgiving we’re all Weld County”.

Just now, Swoll Cracker said:

Word is that it was all politics going to Red.  As for Thanksgiving, as a friend of ours said “On Thanksgiving we’re all Weld County”.

Weld County also going red.  The county commissioners announced that it won't be enforced.

if unlv basketball is cancelled I will burn the governor's mansion to the GROUND

edit: also if he closes gyms again I will burn the governor;s mansion's gazebo to the GROUND, i was in montana in 3 weeks and I lost some of my gains 

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

9 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

UNLV will be playing Wednesday.  No reason to panic.  My hope is that they don’t pass out from wearing the stupid face masks.

ph, serious question. I'm actually kind of intrigued by the "scrumptious bunny" schtick. Where'd you come up with it?

9 hours ago, jdw said:

ph, serious question. I'm actually kind of intrigued by the "scrumptious bunny" schtick. Where'd you come up with it?

It was some girl I was with. She wasn’t a prostitute.  No, I didn’t pay her, unless buying the occasional lunch is “paying.”  I met her on Tinder, and she lived in Las Vegas from February 2019 - May 2019.  Long story short, we had our ups and downs, and she was mentally ill.  I did love her, but it wasn’t meant to me.

Anyways, I talked with her on the phone about a month and a half ago, and she started saying I was so cute and scrumptious.  Then she said I reminded her of a little bunny, and she really liked how that made her feel.

UNM admin should probably be in meetings all this week... need to figure out a ‘plan C’ if Nevada cancels football practices (large gatherings). Maybe we go to texas like the basketball teams have?

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

7 hours ago, ph90702 said:

It was some girl I was with. She wasn’t a prostitute.  No, I didn’t pay her, unless buying the occasional lunch is “paying.”  I met her on Tinder, and she lived in Las Vegas from February 2019 - May 2019.  Long story short, we had our ups and downs, and she was mentally ill.  I did love her, but it wasn’t meant to me.

Anyways, I talked with her on the phone about a month and a half ago, and she started saying I was so cute and scrumptious.  Then she said I reminded her of a little bunny, and she really liked how that made her feel.

This board could really use less of your strange personal life.

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif