Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bronco7454

If you couldn't watch the Boise State at Hawaii game last night on CBS Sports Network

You can watch it here on YouTube.  You'll especially love the parts where they went to commercial (and stayed there) while Boise State scored a touchdown.   And the part near the very end where the replay officials took SEVEN FULL MINUTES to determine that the (horrible) spot on a run by Hank Bachmeier was OFF by a FULL YARD. 

BTW - I rarely make comments about the officiating but last night's crew was just about as bad as I have ever seen in my 66 years on this planet.  Boise State WAS the least penalized team in the MWC before last night's game.   After all of the ridiculous calls made against Boise State last night I have to believe that is no longer the case.   Whatever Hawaii paid them - they got their money's worth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRToAf7P-vU&feature=youtu.be

43 minutes ago, Bronco7454 said:

You can watch it here on YouTube.  You'll especially love the parts where they went to commercial (and stayed there) while Boise State scored a touchdown.   And the part near the very end where the replay officials took SEVEN FULL MINUTES to determine that the (horrible) spot on a run by Hank Bachmeier was OFF by a FULL YARD. 

BTW - I rarely make comments about the officiating but last night's crew was just about as bad as I have ever seen in my 66 years on this planet.  Boise State WAS the least penalized team in the MWC before last night's game.   After all of the ridiculous calls made against Boise State last night I have to believe that is no longer the case.   Whatever Hawaii paid them - they got their money's worth.

You are right, it was a badly officiated game on both sides of the ball. The call that Hawaii got a TD taken away was a bogus block behind the back call. I watched it over and over, it was a legal block.

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

10 hours ago, Bronco7454 said:

I know you can't be serious about the homer refs but there are newbies out there who actually believe UH enjoys some kind of officiating advantage when it plays on the rock.  For anyone who doesn't know, all UH home games are officiated by Mainland referees flown in to do the honors.  If they screw up blame them, not us.

As for the CBSSN coverage, that was truly a clown show.  There was the missed Boise State TD which is pretty much inexcusable.  And then there was the commentator who was clearly in over his head.  The guy spent at least a quarter thinking Shakir is UH's top receiver, repeatedly mangled UH player names (he obviously hadn't studied the pronunciation guide in the game notes we prepare for the media), gave credit for pressuring the Bronco QB to a UH defender who was on the sideline, stammered out a half-baked response when his partner mentioned a player is being considered for an award he'd obviously never heard of, and repeatedly opined when the ball was being re-spotted that he thought it should be on the 48 yard line even after being reminded that the play ended near the 28 yard line. 

3 minutes ago, Warbow said:

You are right, it was a badly officiated game on both sides of the ball. The call that Hawaii got a TD taken away was a bogus block behind the back call. I watched it over and over, it was a legal block.

Yeah, that officiating crew was terrible. It seems like the quality of MWC officiating has taken a dump this year...maybe another consequence of COVID.

Let’s not forget the Boise fumble that was not called a fumble because they blew an early whistle. Oh yeah and the reverse of a spot when there was no clear video evidence to do it. Yes the officials were bad but bad against Hawaii as they took  away 14 points from Hawaii. 

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

4 minutes ago, HawaiiMongoose said:

As for the CBSSN coverage, that was truly a clown show.  There was the missed Boise State TD which is pretty much inexcusable.  And then there was the commentator who was clearly in over his head.  The guy spent at least a quarter thinking Shakir is UH's top receiver, repeatedly mangled UH player names (he obviously hadn't studied the pronunciation guide in the game notes we prepare for the media), gave credit for pressuring the Bronco QB to a UH defender who was on the sideline, stammered out a half-baked response when his partner mentioned a player is being considered for an award he'd obviously never heard of, and repeatedly opined when the ball was being re-spotted that he thought it should be on the 48 yard line even after being reminded that the play ended near the 28 yard line. 

For a minute or so at the beginning of the game I thought Boise traded Shakir to Hawaii....lol

Seemed like there was a lot of obvious holding that wasn't called, and then when it was called, the replay of the called hold seemed dubious.

To be specific, with a disclaimer of being a BSU fan, it seemed like the Hawaii O line got away with a few holds that resulted in bigger plays, or bailed the Warriors out of trouble, but then got "karma'd" with the "hold" that brought their TD back. JMHO.

It seems the MW sent it's only competent crew to Reno for the high production CBS Primetime game.

Good thing as the quality of play, barely noticed officiating, and lack of Smurf Turf sure made the MW look good.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

15 minutes ago, Spaztecs said:

It seems the MW sent it's only competent crew to Reno for the high production CBS Primetime game.

Good thing as the quality of play, barely noticed officiating, and lack of Smurf Turf sure made the MW look good.

The production quality was top notch.  Loved the additional camera angles, picture quality was superior and the announcers seemed to be enjoying the game which was a first (they probably were happy to have a change of pace and actually be able to call a game). Plus it was a quality football game on the field with good clean hitting, big plays, about what you’d expect from the top 2 teams in the conference. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater