Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NevadaFan

Nevada top 25?

Nevada at 28 in the AP Top 25 (23 votes and behind Washington and Liberty) and at 26 in the coaches poll (39 votes). Just missed. 

I’m more worried about beating Hawaii than any potential ranking. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

42 minutes ago, mugtang said:

Exactly. There’s a reason we’re barely favored. I think our offense will shred their defense, but I worry about DL and LB’s shutting down the run. Worst case it’s more of a shootout. TO’s will probably decide this game. 

kat.jpg

51 minutes ago, mugtang said:

Maybe because the islands are "shut down" it will work in Nevada's favor.  It's a messed up roadie and with all the beautiful distractions it can really distract a team.

"You pukin morons are just plain too dumb."

-bluerules008 aka jibscout aka Hal "Mosquito Man" Newman

1 minute ago, battle.borne said:

Maybe because the islands are "shut down" it will work in Nevada's favor.  It's a messed up roadie and with all the beautiful distractions it can really distract a team.

That’s a good point. During the BSU/Hawaii broadcast they mentioned that Boise arrived and went straight to the hotel and then played the game and went home. No time for anything else. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

9 minutes ago, Nevada Convert said:

Exactly. There’s a reason we’re barely favored. I think our offense will shred their defense, but I worry about DL and LB’s shutting down the run. Worst case it’s more of a shootout. TO’s will probably decide this game. 

I don’t know, I think we will be ok stopping the run. We haven’t allowed more than 150 yards rushing this year and that was against New Mexico which was our worst game of the year.   

10 minutes ago, mugtang said:

I don’t know, I think we will be ok stopping the run. We haven’t allowed more than 150 yards rushing this year and that was against New Mexico which was our worst game of the year.   

Still not sure why SDSU went away from the read.  Nevada does struggle when the QB keeps.

5 minutes ago, battle.borne said:

Still not sure why SDSU went away from the read.  Nevada does struggle when the QB keeps.

The QB was hurt or at least cramping up in the 2nd half.  

19 minutes ago, mugtang said:

The QB was hurt or at least cramping up in the 2nd half.  

He must have been nicked in the first because they reverted to ground and pound of halftime. And then proceeded to do nothing!

Hard to move up in the polls.  Start fresh in the polls today, and I think Nevada is a top 25 team.  They are playing that well.  Honestly, I think they handle Hawaii pretty handily (I know, 10 Saturdays without Dr. Pepper for jinxing).  If I'm a Nevada fan, I'm afraid to look forward to a CCG berth but since I'm not...I'm looking forward to seeing how they do in that game.

2 minutes ago, Headbutt said:

Hard to move up in the polls.  Start fresh in the polls today, and I think Nevada is a top 25 team.  They are playing that well.  Honestly, I think they handle Hawaii pretty handily (I know, 10 Saturdays without Dr. Pepper for jinxing).  If I'm a Nevada fan, I'm afraid to look forward to a CCG berth but since I'm not...I'm looking forward to seeing how they do in that game.

I'd feel a lot better if we had Cooks back at WR. He's always been considered to be better than Doubs. Cooks on one side and Doubs on the other, just sprint both to the endzone and Carson put it up to catch. The other team would have to put two safety's back there which might not make a difference and certainly would open up the middle of the field 20 yards out. But it looks like Cooks won't make it back until next year.  

kat.jpg

13 hours ago, Fowl said:

While playing on the islands is tough, it’s the following week that’s really tough irrespective of opponent. 

True. But with Fresno scheduled, it could end being a bye week. Or maybe we'll play USC or something