Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

modestobulldog

Compassionate Liberalism: WFH, Delivery Taxes

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

When Billionaire's get their taxes cut to

ZERO

This is how Communities make up the lost funding.

face facepalm GIF by The Boss Baby

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

If Congress passed another stimulus bill that includes state and local aid, these proposals wouldn't be necessary. The cities are trying to make up for declining revenues. This particular form of taxation doesn't seem like a great idea when health officials are encouraging people to stay home as much as possible. It would incentive returning to in-person work, which would increase the spread of COVID-19

11 minutes ago, SalinasSpartan said:

My first thought when reading this is “that ain’t it”. But the vast majority of states can’t deficit spend, so they’re going to have to do something.

It's unfortunate because increasing taxes during a recession isn't ideal. At least personal income levels are in a decent place because of the initial stimulus. I'm pretty sure that is starting to level off though

4 hours ago, IanforHeisman said:

Commercial real estate industry is phukked.

Yes it is.  

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

28 minutes ago, SalinasSpartan said:

My first thought when reading this is “that ain’t it”. But the vast majority of states can’t deficit spend, so they’re going to have to do something.

Maybe cut spending :shrug:

3 minutes ago, Maji said:

That's not a good idea during a recession either though. It's also difficult to cut existing expenses without upsetting people

I mean if you can't pay for the services really your only option is to cut spending.  Unless the government does block grants to the states (which I wouldn't be opposed to) but I don't think cocaine Mitch is going to go for that.

7 minutes ago, mugtang said:

I mean if you can't pay for the services really your only option is to cut spending.  Unless the government does block grants to the states (which I wouldn't be opposed to) but I don't think cocaine Mitch is going to go for that.

Yeah, cities will be faced with increasing revenues via taxation or cutting spending. It's unfortunate because there's broad agreement that additional aid is necessary. Mitch is being petty and vindictive. The Federal Reserve isn't making things up when they call for additional stimulus spending