Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheSanDiegan

A message to UNLV fans...

Full disclosure: I'm five beers in and have my own reasons to feel a little low right now. But then my mind drifted to the board.

There are many, many posters with whom I have come to feel a sense of kinship over the years, and with whom I would not hesitate to break bread given the opportunity. You are too many to list. You are from schools all over the MWC. You may share my philosophies, or my beliefs, or you may not; it does't matter. Over the years, I have come to, in some way, see you as brethren (or the sisterly equivalent).

However, there is one fan base with whom I have come to feel particular kinship. Growing up here in San Diego, semi-annual trips to Vegas were a tradition within my family. The first Zoner hawty I seduced was in Vegas. The first semi-celebrity I partied with as in Vegas. And it was in Vegas I got to meet my first two actual celebrities, two men I quasi-worshipped for their humor - Don Rickles and Redd Foxx. And that was all before I turned 16.

The trips continued into adulthood. It was long ago I recognized that Las Vegas and San Diego share much in common - both are destination cities, both are unique in what they offer to visitors, and both have endless supplies of incredibly hot women. Both have their own distinct flavor, and the denizens of each share an immense pride in their hometown.

in other words, we share a lot in common. 

And as with those at large for whom I have already expressed my affection, so it is with you Vegans (f*ck you - don't take that away from me :foottap:).

While I share views in common with so many of you - @4UNLV, @UNLV2001, @toonkee, @SharkTanked, @youngredbullfan, come to mind right away, and there are many more... the same sense of kinship applies to those with whom my own views may not align. @Rebels18 you come to mind right away - regardless of what you and I may agree upon or disagree upon, I would have a helluva good time doing both over a drink and a cigar. Same goes with you, @rebelcuff, you starfish-licking, horny mutherf*cker... or you @ph90702, ya lovable walking Tourette. Hell, of the whole lot of ya, the only one i wouldn't want to have a drink with is Rebelbacker, who I think is such an asshole nuthugger that I have a hard time imagining anyone would want to have a drink with him. But even then, maybe i'm wrong.

But the rest of you? Shit, maybe it's all the mosaic hops talking, but if given the chance, I'd give a big group hug to the whole lot of ya. I love you guys (and girl). And in some strange, little way, your collective companionship has made the f*ckery of 2020 a little more bearable. Here's to you, Vegas. :cheers:

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

Cheers bro, we def dont agree on much, but whenever I see you pop up in my notifications I always know it's gonna be something almoooost as clever as something I said.--which to your credit, is way, way more than everyone else here. 

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

I meant to also add that I'm stoked you guys got the Raiders. Grew up hating them, but after the Chargers' 2006 season resigned myself to futility as a Charger fan and removed my yellow and blue lenses, I stopped really giving a shit about the Raiders one way or the other. 

And now, with Al Davis 6' under (not far enough IMO), when I see the Raiders I simply see another NFL team with a MWC QB. You guys deserved an NFL team, and if there's one team that should have gone to you guys, it's the Raiders.

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

44 minutes ago, TheSanDiegan said:

I meant to also add that I'm stoked you guys got the Raiders. Grew up hating them, but after the Chargers' 2006 season resigned myself to futility as a Charger fan and removed my yellow and blue lenses, I stopped really giving a shit about the Raiders one way or the other. 

And now, with Al Davis 6' under (not far enough IMO), when I see the Raiders I simply see another NFL team with a MWC QB. You guys deserved an NFL team, and if there's one team that should have gone to you guys, it's the Raiders.

I never really liked the whole Raiders vibe but yes, you are right, the outlaw, outsider thing is Vegas and they are the best fit for us. 

The mystique of Las Vegas as sin city is perhaps our most important commodity. 

4 hours ago, toonkee said:

I never really liked the whole Raiders vibe but yes, you are right, the outlaw, outsider thing is Vegas and they are the best fit for us. 

The mystique of Las Vegas as sin city is perhaps our most important commodity. 

I still hate the Raiders but them and Las Vegas was certainly a perfect...match; made in the depths of hell!

as much as I loathe the Silver and Black can they please cover the +8 tonight?

a $10 4 teamer is riding on it!

3 hours ago, renoskier said:

I still hate the Raiders but them and Las Vegas was certainly a perfect...match; made in the depths of hell!

I will do what I can.

4 hours ago, renoskier said:

Looking good, Mr. Kott-tair.

tenor (4).gif