Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

retrofade

So, uhm.....

16 minutes ago, retrofade said:

I'm really worried that the Israelis and Saudis are going to convince Orange Julius Caesar to bomb Iran in the waning days of this administration. This could be nothing, of course, but it doesn't smell right. 

Just now, Joe from WY said:

I'm really worried that the Israelis and Saudis are going to convince Orange Julius Caesar to bomb Iran in the waning days of this administration. This could be nothing, of course, but it doesn't smell right. 

I've been concerned about that since day one of his administration. I'm pretty certain I've voiced it here a number of times. It's not like he has anything to lose, and he could try to use it as a weird perverse Wag the Dog scenario. We already know that Pompeo, Pence, and Barr are members of effective death cults that want to bring about the end of the world, and they're his closest advisors. 

6 minutes ago, retrofade said:

I've been concerned about that since day one of his administration. I'm pretty certain I've voiced it here a number of times. It's not like he has anything to lose, and he could try to use it as a weird perverse Wag the Dog scenario. We already know that Pompeo, Pence, and Barr are members of effective death cults that want to bring about the end of the world, and they're his closest advisors. 

I've been concerned with it too. I think his strict sanctions on them have been enacted more or less to try to goad them into doing something. With him having nothing to lose at this point, he might just say "+++++ it" and leave the aftermath for the next administration to deal with. Again, maybe he won't, but there've been reports the last couple weeks about MBS and Netanyahoo trying to get him to act on Iran because they're afraid the Biden administration won't be as keen on starting/condoning an armed conflict with them. 

I don't get the hard on toward the Iranians personally. It's really stupid; the population is pretty pro-Western, and very friendly, really, and if we instead were to open relations and dump American shit in there like MTV, blue jeans and internet poker, they'd probably love us and that might lead to a real sea change in that country's leadership. All that will happen now is what happened with Castro all those years in Cuba...it'll just give the hardliners a bogeyman to blame all the problems on. 

I'm glad Trump hasn't started any wars (yet) and that's the most redeeming part of his presidency thus far, but his Iranian policy is shit trending on disaster. 

2 minutes ago, grandjean87 said:

Morbid. How about just debilitated? 

Not saying I would have celebrated his death. Just the simple fact that the country would be better off and safer had he died. He’s dangerous. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

1 hour ago, Joe from WY said:

Let the Saudi’s and Israeli’s fight their own damn wars. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

1 hour ago, BSUTOP25 said:

The simple fact of the matter is country would have been far better off had Trump died of COVID. 

I'd be happy with Trump's imprisonment as a sign of good faith to the world. Hell, throw a live cam in there and call it a reality show. We get to see Trump behind bars and he gets the TV ratings his ego so desperately needs. Everyone wins. 

13 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

You know he loves fruity drinks as his drink of choice?

Then once a week we talk about surviving the apocalypse with @mugtang

@mugtang - can we get a fufu drink emoji? 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

Just now, BSUTOP25 said:

@mugtang - can we get a fufu drink emoji? 

Probably not. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

6 minutes ago, grandjean87 said:

4 Subarus. 1 Ford. 
But, I drive the Ford.   

i don't believe you anchorman GIF

There are numberless posts on this board about things people are afraid Trump might do, especially around military conflict, and none of them have happened.  You all are afraid of the caricature of Trump you have created in your heads.  How many posts about war with Iran, war with China, war with North Korea, war with Russia, war with Cuba, war with Venezuela, war war war.  Talk about Chicken Little.  The reality is he has avoided wars and armed conflicts and brought troops home.  It is probably more likely that Grandpa will be an interventionist than Trump.  It will probably be ok if Grandpa sends boys in to die though.  He is a Democrat after all.