Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spaztecs

Aztecs @ Wolf Pack Game Thread

2 minutes ago, bigd said:

Love that Doubs, Strong, and Turner are roommates. Such a fun group to watch, haven’t enjoyed watching Nevada’s offense since Ault before this season.

They better be socially distancing in that apartment. If one of them gets COVID, we’re cooked.

11 minutes ago, Spaztecs said:

Doubs, 

Tht kid reminds me of Michael Irvin with his size, strength, speed and hands.

I just hope she's not as big a douche.

How did you keep him away from the PAC 12 ?

Actually a really heartwarming story. 

http://nevadasportsnet.com/news/reporters/the-anti-diva-how-nevadas-romeo-doubs-became-nations-best-receiver

1 minute ago, NMpackalum said:

They better be socially distancing in that apartment. If one of them gets COVID, we’re cooked.

Hahaha good point. If that happens we can just cancel like Fresno 😂

2 minutes ago, wolfan8431 said:

I'm shocked.  SDSU ran through us like a hot knife through butter.  And the 2nd 1/2 the Pack stuffed the run?  What changed?  I think the SDSU OL got winded in the 1st 1/2 having to jog down the field after another long run.

our OLine is typically befuddled-see coaching

2 minutes ago, NevadaAllStar said:

He seems like a rare gem.

On those long balls, with my glasses off and the glare of the sun, I was having Michael Irvin  flashbacks.

That's a huge complement and comparison

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

10 minutes ago, Spaztecs said:

Any film junkies out there ?

It was a tale of two halves for the Pack defense. They looked lost and confused on the first half.

Or did the Spaztecs help them by trying to establish the run ?

When did your qb get banged up? It felt like he was the second coming of senior season Kap in the first half. After that it was clear that mobile third dimension of the offense wasn’t a threat. That’s my theory at least.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

2 minutes ago, Rev McQuervo said:

About the time our Moronic OC went into sleep mode and subjected him to battery. 3rd Qtr mid>late

But doesn't the decision from the HC to allow the OC to go into 'sleep mode' fall on his shoulders? 

8 minutes ago, Lobonado said:

Dang, I guess Nevada is pretty good. Hard to think that UNM went toe to toe with them last week.

Strong played much better this week. He thought he would torch the lobos last week and the Lobos stepped up. He took what the Aztecs gave him this week.

14 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

When did your qb get banged up? It felt like he was the second coming of senior season Kap in the first half. After that it was clear that mobile third dimension of the offense wasn’t a threat. That’s my theory at least.

He apparently had bad leg cramping. 

Good game Wolfpack. I thought the Aztecs would win when I saw the receiver open at the goal line on 3rd and goal. Given our offensive ineptitude in the 2nd half, though, it would have been a travesty. 

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

18 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

He looked to me like he came up gimping on that TD run he had. 

lamb-with-human-face-150331-670.jpg?itok

11 minutes ago, NMpackalum said:

Strong played much better this week. He thought he would torch the lobos last week and the Lobos stepped up. He took what the Aztecs gave him this week.

sometimes he overthinks and can't get out of his own way.

Sometimes he gives up on plays a couple of seconds  too soon.

Still is a soph. and still  learning.

and FYI, Wolf Pack is spelled with 2 words.

The U in Raleigh, NC  is only one.

cerified_Subarus.jpg

23 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Interestingly enough, Aztec Color guy Rich Ohrenberger, Fox NFL Analyst, watched a lot of film on him. Says he was reminded of Kap. They way ran, his fluidity and throwing motion.

Yeah, he wasn't the same guy in the second half. Especially, the 4th quarter. However, that Pack defense was pretty Stout. I think they went zone and relied on their front five to take over the game.

Americans Mayor

10 minutes ago, Old_SD_Dude said:

He apparently had bad leg cramping. 

Good game Wolfpack. I thought the Aztecs would win when I saw the receiver open at the goal line on 3rd and goal. Given our offensive ineptitude in the 2nd half, though, it would have been a travesty. 

That pass was scary. The late hit on Strong, multiple penalties by the goal line early on, Nevada dodged a lot of bullets to keep us in it early on.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

22 minutes ago, DestinFlPackfan said:

But doesn't the decision from the HC to allow the OC to go into 'sleep mode' fall on his shoulders? 

Yes.

But Brady doesn't wear headphones. He lets his play callers call the play. He and Horton are the evaluators. Horton is probably a big reason why they went against their tendencies in the first half. For some reason the play calling reverted to form in the second half.

The last four seasons, the Aztec O-line hasn't been top shelf. Especially against good teams.

UNR won the war in the trenches on both sides of the ball. They won on ST as well.  

It was a terrific game. I'm still really keyed up and full of adrenaline. Smoking a post game bowl hasn't helped.

Yet.

Americans Mayor

20 minutes ago, Fowl said:

Good game Pack. Even if we had miraculously scored at the end I would have said you guys deserved the win. Our offense needs a makeover, starting with the OC...

New OC from Bradys tree.

If anything, they change O Line coaches.

WRs and receiving Corp are studs and athletic.

Americans Mayor