Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mike Morgan

Latest Renderings Of Spartan Athletic Center - Stadium Project

23 hours ago, Mike Morgan said:

The east side berm section that was removed held approximately 9,000 people. Whatever seating configuration replaces that section long term is not expected to hold that many. So, when all is said and done the stadium capacity will be less than 30k, probably by a sizable margin. At its peak, before the field widening and recent removal of seating, the stadium held just over 31k. My rough guess will be around 25-26k. 

Thanks.

As I said, hopefully more donors step up. Coach Jim Sweeney called his 1977 team the "stadium builders" because they created the community enthusiasm needed to bring in the donations that built Bulldog Stadium. If SJSU continues with a good season maybe SJSU will generate similar donor enthusiasm for this project.

8 hours ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

Where does our 2020 mountain west championship trophy go?

image.png.b4070f096812e1721a50e29dacda1e31.png

On 11/21/2020 at 8:30 PM, SpartanDude said:

It's also possible that the camera platforms will be repositioned as part of the remodeling process.  There was very little electrical or communication infrastructure on the old east side.  I imagine that it will now surpass what the west side currently has, so maybe everything will move around.  

On 11/21/2020 at 8:53 PM, crixus said:

Yes, that would be nice. Show the home side of the stadium for a change. 

21 hours ago, Bruininthebay said:

Nice renderings.  The designs echos both Art Deco and mid century modern designs that you see in around San Jose in the immediate vicinity of the university.  The ability to host the WTA's Amidala (sp?) Classic and other professional tennis tournaments seems to have resulted in a design for the entire block as an event space for live television which benefits football and other sports at SJSU.

I notice the floorplan of the SAC has second floor meeting rooms along the entire second level that can easily become game day suites or camera locations.  The afternoon sun is strong on that side so having shaded seating is great.  Good point about switching the backdrop to the western stands where 80% of fans are sitting.  Regular season UCLA games at the Rose Bowl or that other team who plays in the Coliseum have this phenomena too but those stadiums are fully enclosed so the TV cameras can shoot the fans better.  The suites capacity should be included in calculating the revamped overall capacity of CEFCU stadium along with whatever the new seating along the field is and whatever the listed capacity of grass seating would be.

Regarding the seating itself, the likely option is the bleacher seating in the new north end zone would be placed along the east side.  I'm not exactly how many seats are in the project but you can see from the photo announcing its completion https://sjsuspartans.com/news/2020/10/30/football-spartans-upgrade-cefcu-stadium-with-state-of-the-art-scoreboard.aspx that there are twelve levels of seats.  The western lower stands have better seats that are more expensive to install but they might put those kind of seats in to justify a better ticket price.

So the general consensus is that the broadcast cameras should be pointed toward the afternoon sun?

Do we have any photography enthusiasts or professional camera men here? I remember there used to be a camera man on the boot board, but i want to say there is at least one here too. 

ezgif-5-959914ff2250.gif.f0cc4fc558f5a154dc6ff5904c80bf34.gif

7 hours ago, Maynard Delecto said:

Our AD tweeted this aerial pic of South Campus

As is, it's night and day compared to the dirty old hodge podge pre 2016. removing the berm of doom was addition by subtraction

EoLkmThVQAUzuOy.jpeg.8fe427e19b557b8028822df2d6da52ab.jpeg

Man that's some beautiful looking dirt.  

38 minutes ago, Cincy said:

Man that's some beautiful looking dirt.  

Fresno for $100 Alex

Answer: DIRT

What Fresno has raised to fix that leaky, smelly, cracking stadium over the last 30 years?

Correct

https://www.fresnobee.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/marek-warszawski/article175541481.html

Embarrassing .......bwahahahaha!!!!!

image.gif.c9bb0e7417d3e4f5581fe8a4c7104909.gif

10 hours ago, creeper86 said:

Fresno for $100 Alex

Answer: DIRT

What Fresno has raised to fix that leaky, smelly, cracking stadium over the last 30 years?

Correct

https://www.fresnobee.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/marek-warszawski/article175541481.html

Embarrassing .......bwahahahaha!!!!!

image.gif.c9bb0e7417d3e4f5581fe8a4c7104909.gif

That was a lot of work for something not really funny.

Bulldog Stadium is still better than Shartan Stadium.  At least we have a complete stadium and not half stadium/half motocross setup.  LOLOLOL

25 minutes ago, Cincy said:

That was a lot of work for something not really funny.

Bulldog Stadium is still better than Shartan Stadium.  At least we have a complete stadium and not half stadium/half motocross setup.  LOLOLOL

Bulldog Stadium will always be a better college football stadium than Shartan Stadium. You can’t beat the bowl style sunken into the ground stadium. It’s a classic college football feel. I hate the way they build these new stadiums now a days, like Stanford’s stadium. It’s nice don’t get me wrong, but you don’t get that same college football feel. As far as renovations, our time will come.

Before the 2019 season we had to take care of the outdated electrical system, sound system , made more areas ADA compliant, new lighting, and brand new field turf. No fund raising needed. Next was supposed to be new concessions and restrooms but covid put a halt to that. Baby steps, but we’ll get there. We’ve done it before and we’ll do it again. 

BDS.jpeg.b92a1351cc7ee6a0de0c311059007356.jpeg

On 11/21/2020 at 2:20 PM, #1Stunner said:

Honestly, not a terrible size for a MWC stadium in the Bay Area.  Better to make is nice, rather than large.

Agree 100%. This looks great to me. Nice job Spartans. 

lamb-with-human-face-150331-670.jpg?itok

On 11/21/2020 at 9:01 PM, Nevada Convert said:

It’s really nice for what it is, but not having a decent number of seats on that side, the one that the TV audience sees all game long, it just screams nice FCS. Sorry, not trolling, but no real seating on that side is embarrassing for SJSU and the MWC. That the kind of thing you put on an endzone, not a sideline. 

As opposed to Nevada field with soccer lines all over it.

9 hours ago, MWC Tex said:

As opposed to Nevada field with soccer lines all over it.

8 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 Like a few soccer lines that most don’t even notice is somehow equivalent to an entire side of a stadium missing. 

Oh..not to mention the track around the field.

2 hours ago, MWC Tex said:

Oh..not to mention the track around the field.

Honestly, I’d take a silver track around the field and a stadium that looks consistent all the way around over that Boise Frankenstein construction shit. It just screams “Quick, we need a P5 looking stadium, and let’s build a bad ass sky box first, then we’ll worry later if we have enough money to structurally support the entire length of the thing”. Then it looks retarded when you have concrete construction and then add erector set shit in the end zones. At least our erector set is consistent and not going for the wannabe P5 look and fvcking it up. 

When I see the Boise Bowl game every year, I see the cold freezing grey concrete, a cold blue field that looks like the North Sea in the winter with white ice lines all over it. The cold cloudy sky and the wind chill doesn’t exactly warm anything up. Very few Boise locals support it, despite promising they would. 

kat.jpg

12 hours ago, Maynard Delecto said:

After I lived in San Diego for 12 years, having shorts on for Christmas was cool at first, but then missing the seasons change started to bother me. I love snow for Christmas, period. I love seeing the tree leaves change colors when it gets below freezing.

I was last in the Bay Area back in 2010 when I went to the Kraft Bowl. When I got to my hotel room, the 11 o’clock news (or 10, can remember) had the leading headline story that there were a few houses that had frost form on their lawns. “We’ve got team coverage on this development, and let’s first go to Kim live at the scene. Kim, tell us exactly what you’re seeing out there”. 

kat.jpg

4 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

After I lived in San Diego for 12 years, having shorts on for Christmas was cool at first, but then missing the seasons change started to bother me. I love snow for Christmas, period. I love seeing the tree leaves change colors when it gets below freezing.

I was last in the Bay Area back in 2010 when I went to the Kraft Bowl. When I got to my hotel room, the 11 o’clock news (or 10, can remember) had the leading headline story that there were a few houses that had frost form on their lawns. “We’ve got team coverage on this development, and let’s first go to Kim live at the scene. Kim, tell us exactly what you’re seeing out there”. 

There was frost? And I missed it? Dammit!

Champ Logo.jpg