mugtang

The GOP has lost it

Guest #1Stunner

There is plenty of "misinformation" pushed in our own system, acting to influence elections so those in power can protect their own self interest and wallets.

Thank you unverifiable, anonymous leaks, and the media who reports it.

Who can forget this curious "misinformation" timing:

https://theintercept.com/2020/07/02/house-democrats-working-with-liz-cheney-restrict-trumps-planned-withdrawal-of-troops-from-afghanistan-and-germany/

President Trump throughout the year has insisted that the Pentagon present plans for withdrawing all troops from Afghanistan prior to the end of 2020. Last week, reports indicated that “the Trump administration is close to finalizing a decision to withdraw more than 4,000 troops from Afghanistan by the fall.” Trump’s plan “would reduce the number of troops from 8,600 to 4,500 and would be the lowest number since the very earliest days of the war in Afghanistan, which began in 2001.” In February, Trump announced an agreement with the Taliban to end the war completely.

Shortly after those White House withdrawal plans were reported, anonymous intelligence officials leaked a series of claims to the New York Times regarding “bounties” allegedly being paid by Russia to Taliban fighters to kill U.S. troops. Those leaks emboldened opposition to troop withdrawal from Afghanistan on the ground that it would be capitulating to Russian treachery. It was that New York Times leak that Liz Cheney, along with GOP Congressman Mac Thornberry, cited in a joint statement on Monday to suggest troop withdrawal would be precipitous:

Or this:

September 3, 2020 - Trump names War Skeptic as US Ambassador to Afghanistan:

https://thehill.com/policy/international/middle-east-north-africa/515046-trump-expected-to-name-new-ambassador-to

Hours later....

September 3, 2020 - " Anonymous staffers" leak to the Media that Trump called World War I vets losers

https://www.forbes.com/sites/mattperez/2020/09/03/report-trump-called-us-wwi-veterans-suckers-and-losers/?sh=6227dc2a6f577/

1 hour ago, #1Stunner said:

I agree.

Only thing that gives me pause, though, is that most people in this Country are too pussy to go full civil war.  This isn't the 1860s.

I mean, the only people with the stones to fight anyone anymore are probably all from Montana and Wyoming.   Most people just want Netflix and Chill. 

Sounds like proof that bread and circuses still work.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, sactowndog said:

Just think what might have happened if he had another 4 years to further politicize DOJ and DOD by replacing all the civil servants he intended to replace.   

That was a rumor for many years until they dug up the end zone and were equally as successful as Geraldo Rivera was in burrowing into Al Capone's basement.

Has-beens that FoxNews hosts have had on many times while somehow managing to keep a straight face when interviewing them:

Geraldo

Rudy Giuliani

Mark Fuhrman

Joe diGenova

Judge Judy

Jeanine Pirro (oops, I forgot; she's a has-been who is actually employed by Fox)

3 hours ago, 818SUDSFan said:

So you're willing to help them search for the equivalent of Jimmy Hoffa's grave?

Interesting analogy, so law enforcement should not have investigated?  I guess Jimmy is still prez.

110926run_defense710.jpg

4 minutes ago, modestobulldog said:

Interesting analogy, so law enforcement should not have investigated?

Go ahead and investigate. It'll go about as well as the last Trump voter fraud commission in 2016. 

On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.

50 minutes ago, PokeTransplant said:

Must have got lost in the mail...

edit: and there goes Tucker's invite to the new Trump News Network for asking for evidence in the first place...

Tucker Carlson, for all his faults, his consistent. It doesn’t surprise me that he asked for evidence. 

• Like 1

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

2 hours ago, Joe from WY said:

If he were to succeed in stealing the election via sycophanthic rogue electors the country would devolve into a civil war. That would do it. I don't think it'll happen. But if it does the shit is going to hit the fan 

Basically, this is how I feel as well.  Democrats aren't the gun-toting right, sure, but the outrage would be significant.  A lot of our (teetering) institutions would crumble as a result of the Disgusting Fat Bastard stealing the election.  Heads would roll and, eventually, so would his (BTW, I'm not saying that I condone that, rather, I just don't think it's a stretch to think he'd someday be assassinated)...  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Joe from WY said:

If he were to succeed in stealing the election via sycophanthic rogue electors the country would devolve into a civil war. That would do it. I don't think it'll happen. But if it does the shit is going to hit the fan 

Enough people know this to be true that someone would step in and stop it from happening. By all accounts, the GOP brass is just being gutless right now. But they would fear people literally storming the Capitol more. And that's what would happen if Trump was to somehow pull off what he is suggesting he wants. (He wont)

• Like 4

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

You know, the big irony in all this is that if Trump had played COVID right he could have consolidated power, gotten re-elected and implemented an authoritarian police state across much of the country. But he's just too dumb and undisciplined. 

• Like 9

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

3 hours ago, CPslograd said:

As did this...

https://today.yougov.com/topics/politics/articles-reports/2018/03/09/russias-impact-election-seen-through-partisan-eyes

Yougov is a shitty polling outfit btw, but I used them in the link for a common reference to the poll you cited.

The difference is our national security teams even under Trump warned of Russian interference where no reputable national entity has felt massive voter fraud occurred.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, smltwnrckr said:

You know, the big irony in all this is that if Trump had played COVID right he could have consolidated power, gotten re-elected and implemented an authoritarian police state across much of the country. But he's just too dumb and undisciplined. 

Might be why he bankrupted so many businesses.   

• Like 2

Just now, sactowndog said:

Might be why he bankrupted so many businesses.   

The next right wing populist to get in wont be as incompetent 

• Like 3
  • Sad 2