mugtang

The GOP has lost it

46 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

LA’s homicides were cut in half, from a high of 1,092 down to 419 by 1998.

http://lapd-assets.lapdonline.org/assets/crime_statistics/digest/1998/homicidestats.htm

Chicago drop was less pronounced, from a high of 943 in 1992 down to 704 in 1998.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/breaking/ct-chicago-homicides-data-since-1957-20160302-htmlstory.html

Now there are a lot of key differences in these cities of course, but it’s clear that New York City was a bloody nightmare of an outlier and within a few years it was right in line with other major cities.

murder_large_cities_1995-2015.png

you're welcome 

f8ee01ead110cbaa9c8ca0520ed49c93.gif

• Haha 2
56 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

http://lapd-assets.lapdonline.org/assets/crime_statistics/digest/1998/homicidestats.htm

Chicago drop was less pronounced, from a high of 943 in 1992 down to 704 in 1998.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/breaking/ct-chicago-homicides-data-since-1957-20160302-htmlstory.html

Now there are a lot of key differences in these cities of course, but it’s clear that New York City was a bloody nightmare of an outlier and within a few years it was right in line with other major cities.

San Diego got up to 193. It was bad. By comparison last year it was 15. You’ll never see me criticizing someone from either party that participated in the Crime Bill.

1 hour ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Two MW cities on the murders graph. 

Excited Winona Ryder GIF by reactionseditor

• Haha 3
  • Cheers 1
44 minutes ago, Old_SD_Dude said:

San Diego got up to 193. It was bad. By comparison last year it was 15. You’ll never see me criticizing someone from either party that participated in the Crime Bill.

Wow, 15 is unbelievable for a city that size. You can’t even have a full season of CSI at that rate.

• Haha 5
2 hours ago, Old_SD_Dude said:

15? Damn that’s really good. Most years Salinas is in the 20s or 30s and we only have 150k people, although last year we were in the single digits for the first time in a really long time. 

• Like 1

From CNN:

(CNN)President Donald Trump is expected to join his attorney Rudy Giuliani in Gettysburg, Pennsylvania, on Wednesday, where Republican state lawmakers are holding a "hearing" on allegations of fraud in this month's election, two sources familiar with the plans told CNN.

Link

So I guess every 160 years or so a bunch of out-of-town f*cktards have to go to Gettysburg or something.

10 hours ago, PokeTransplant said:

I think I saw some of our usual suspects in this....

Love the carnival music for a backdrop

10 hours ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Wow, 15 is unbelievable for a city that size. You can’t even have a full season of CSI at that rate.

Doh! Turns out I was using alternative facts. I apologize to all. You guys got me thinking and I went back and checked. It was 50.  Nevertheless, I remember back in the early 90’s when it was more than a murder every other day. 

26 minutes ago, Old_SD_Dude said:

Doh! Turns out I was using alternative facts. I apologize to all. You guys got me thinking and I went back and checked. It was 50.  Nevertheless, I remember back in the early 90’s when it was more than a murder every other day. 

Still seems low for a metro of 3 mill+ to be honest.

I laugh at the ridiculousness of the GOP's outlandish claims, and yet I'm currently watching the Curse of Oak Island and wonder if the tin can they found on the beach is evidence that Spanish Conquistadors visited Canada and buried treasure on a small island in Nova Scotia.

TV has made us weirdly susceptible to all this nonsense

• Haha 3
  • Cheers 1
12 hours ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

I think there was a pilot out for CSI: San Diego at one point, but it wasn't picked up because the entire episode was just them riding on beach cruisers and destroying burritos. 

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, Del Scorcho said:

I laugh at the ridiculousness of the GOP's outlandish claims, and yet I'm currently watching the Curse of Oak Island and wonder if the tin can they found on the beach is evidence that Spanish Conquistadors visited Canada and buried treasure on a small island in Nova Scotia.

TV has made us weirdly susceptible to all this nonsense

Bro, I’ve been rooting for a secret chamber containing sacred knowledge in Shakespeare’s, who is actually Sir Francis Bacon among others, manuscripts buried on the island in secret for years. Oak Island doesn’t count.

• Haha 1