mugtang

The GOP has lost it

58 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

No. New York was a crime infested hellhole. Giuliani has clearly lost his damn mind, but he did a lot to bring that city out of the depths. It’s completely unrecognizable from what it was 30 years ago.

Crime has dropped across the entire country consistently almost my entire life.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, 818SUDSFan said:

Translation: "Our legal team, a.k.a. the Three Stooges, makes election misconduct allegations heretofore unknown anywhere outside a banana republic with absolutely no factual support but the main stream media is full of shit because THEY haven't produced facts to refute the allegations."

the drop football GIF

• Like 1

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

26 minutes ago, Rofl_copter_dos said:

I think at this point anyone left in the thread agrees to the consensus that this is farcical, but my god.  

I think we have reached Banana Republic status.

the dictator film GIF by Head Like an Orange

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

1 hour ago, retrofade said:

The GSA Administrator refused to appear for a House hearing today on her refusal to start the transition process.

This is phucking ridiculous.

What does she have to lose? Was she subpoenaed? Probably not. Even if she was subpoenaed all the House could do is go to court to enforce the subpoena and have her sanctioned for refusing to comply. By the time the court orders her get her fat ass in gear and the House can serve the order on her it will be December and she'll have only another 5-6 weeks left on the job.

Since I figure Mr. Grumpy will give Biden and the Dems an early Christmas present and start providing info about December 16 the issue will pretty much be moot and Moscow Mitch will have a grin as big as the Cheshire Cat.

4 hours ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

No. New York was a crime infested hellhole. Giuliani has clearly lost his damn mind, but he did a lot to bring that city out of the depths. It’s completely unrecognizable from what it was 30 years ago.

Lots of cities are though. Gentrification is a hell of a thing. Main St in Vegas 30 years ago was pee pee soaked heck hole of industrial decay and is now hipster artsy coffee brew pub sushi joint bistro lights over the street central and was just named the coolest neighborhood in the country by one of those worthless clickbait websites. So cool in fact Pauly Shore moved into the area, lol. But you get my point.

12 minutes ago, toonkee said:

Lots of cities are though. Gentrification is a hell of a thing. Main St in Vegas 30 years ago was pee pee soaked heck hole of industrial decay and is now hipster artsy coffee brew pub sushi joint bistro lights over the street central and was just named the coolest neighborhood in the country by one of those worthless clickbait websites. So cool in fact Pauly Shore moved into the area, lol. But you get my point.

No, it was SPECIFICALLY the NYPD terrorizing black people that fixed crime, duh

• Like 1
On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.

12 minutes ago, youngredbullfan said:

Crime rates and gentrification and all that stuff is complicated. Sure broken windows policing can remove the usual suspects, but I'm not quick to give Rudy Giuliani credit for much right now. He's so awful and so dumb. Seems to me most gentrification and crime reduction in a given area appears to be more the result of economic and market forces.  

3 hours ago, SalinasSpartan said:

Crime has dropped across the entire country consistently almost my entire life.

Yeah, people did something about it. It was an enormous problem that drove political and legal thought. Not all the outcomes were great, but it wasn’t for trying to make things better. Guiliani absolutely deserves some credit for turning New York around.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

18 minutes ago, youngredbullfan said:

Sorry, @thelawlorfaithful.  Love you but gotta disagree.  If NYC crime reduction was disproportionately lower than other major metro's, I could get behind giving some credit.

Still during 9/11 he was a rock and that should not be taken away from him.

1 minute ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Yeah, people did something about it. It was an enormous problem that drove political and legal thought. Not all the outcomes were great, but it wasn’t for trying to make things better. Guiliani absolutely deserves some credit for turning New York around.

He deserves credit for being mayor during a nationwide trend happened that positively affected his city? Hell, crime rates dropped in Western Europe as well during that time, and I seriously doubt they used similar policies as Guiliani to combat crime. 

4 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

He also took down the Mob.

Or I guess I should clarify he took down the Italian Mob and opened the door for the Russian mob to take over.

4 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Sorry, @thelawlorfaithful.  Love you but gotta disagree.  If NYC crime reduction was disproportionately lower than other major metro's, I could get behind giving some credit.

New York City is not like other cities, they’ll be the first to tell you that. The mayor only serves one city, and the transformation was undeniable. Denying Guiliani some credit because he’s a crazy person is dumbphuckery. Please desist.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

2 minutes ago, tspoke said:

He also took down the Mob.

Or I guess I should clarify he took down the Italian Mob and opened the door for the Russian mob to take over.

If he had ridden off into the sunset he would have gone down as one the best American Mayors of all time, justified or not.

I just can't give him credit, or any more than small partial credit, for overall crime reduction.  

• Cheers 1

Just now, thelawlorfaithful said:

New York City is not like other cities, they’ll be the first to tell you that. The mayor only serves one city, and the transformation was undeniable. Denying Guiliani some credit because he’s a crazy person is dumbphuckery. Please desist.

See my above post.  I am no expert on NY crime through the decades but do have some casual knowledge.  I am willing to be educated as towards your position if you have the time.

Seeing a lot of new chatter about some reassigning of justices in the circuits, which would put GA with Thomas, MI with Kavanaugh, WI with Barrett, and PA with Alito.  Chief Justice Roberts made the reassignments.  Lot of pro-Trump folks are really latching on to this, and some of the evangelicals say it is a sign of God that this has happened, not, you know, a person doing it.  

Any of you folks believe there is merit to this in regards to the election?  Would be quite interesting to see Biden all ready to move in, only for Donny boy to change the locks on him.

Supreme Court Order