Dumbasses Doubling Down.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

On 11/22/2021 at 1:46 PM, retrofade said:

Well that didn't take long.

Two hours, twenty five minutes.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

Two Georgia election workers who were the targets of a right-wing campaign that falsely claimed they manipulated ballots filed a defamation lawsuit on Thursday against one of the nation’s leading sources of pro-Trump misinformation.

The suit against the right-wing conspiratorial website The Gateway Pundit was filed by Ruby Freeman and her daughter, Shaye Moss, both of whom processed ballots in Atlanta during the 2020 election for the Fulton County elections board. It follows a series of defamation claims filed by elections equipment operators against conservative television operators such as Fox News, Newsmax and One America News.

The lawsuit from Ms. Freeman and Ms. Moss is among the first to be filed by individual election workers who found themselves unwittingly dragged into the alternate universe of far-right media that claimed, and still does, that Donald J. Trump won last year’s presidential election.

“I want the defendants to know that my daughter and I are real people who deserve justice, and I never want them to do this to anyone else,” Ms. Freeman said in a statement.

Ms. Moss, who continues to work for the Fulton County elections board, and Ms. Freeman, a temporary employee during the 2020 election, were ensnared by the Trump-supporting media and Mr. Trump himself after Gateway Pundit published dozens of false stories about them, starting last December and continuing through this November. The stories called the two women “crooked Democrats” and claimed that they “pulled out suitcases full of ballots and began counting those ballots without election monitors in the room.”

Investigations conducted by the Georgia secretary of state’s office found that the two women did nothing wrong and were legally counting ballots.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/12/02/us/politics/gateway-pundit-defamation-lawsuit.html

It'd be great if this were the final straw that shut down The Gateway Pundit. 

• Like 1

On 11/30/2021 at 10:09 AM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

The GOP having lost their +++++ing collective minds is pretty much directly related to Trump, soooooo.

Ehhhh, they lost their minds about 1968 when they began race-baiting in force, then thereafter started the drug war and trickle-down economics based on fairy tales.  

But they are significantly worse now.   

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, FresnoFacts said:

North Carolina GOP Congressional candidate trying to show how macho he is. He apparently supports the right to wear Crocs while bearing arms and wearing a far-right FJB shirt.

That toolbag is running in the district that my family plans on moving back to in another couple of years. Ugh. 

7 minutes ago, retrofade said:

That toolbag is running in the district that my family plans on moving back to in another couple of years. Ugh. 

Something something own the libs... on Christmas. 

Dude is Madison Cawthorn, but with functional legs. 

23 minutes ago, retrofade said:

Yep, totally not inciting violence or anything by saying that "Second Amendment Rights" should be used against Democrats. JFC, man.

"Well, what you really should get out of it is that the democrats are tyrannical, not my suggestion on what we 'may' have to do about it"

So long as you don't explicitly state what you mean, you aren't asshole.

3 hours ago, retrofade said:

Yep, totally not inciting violence or anything by saying that "Second Amendment Rights" should be used against Democrats. JFC, man.

Is there a law in that woman's district that requires everyone to carry a gun everywhere they go?

Just asking.