5 hours ago, UNLV2001 said:

The entire party is down to dumbasses & morons 

You forgot the lemmings and racists.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

Just now, THEUniversityofNevada said:

You post these like they should be disqualifying for public office. These strike me as the kind of boilerplate rhetoric that's going to be required of GOP House candidates going forward.

To think that, at one time, these things would have been cause for republican dersion & disgust.............now they are requirements to appeal to the lunatics that are now most of the republican party 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, UNLV2001 said:

JFC, I know this is a squirrelly issue (slippery slope), but protected speech in these forums really has gone too far.  It should not be a case wherein anyone can say just anything, and with complete impunity. 

Changes to social media, IMO, are inevitable. At least the rules/laws surrounding users of same. Clearly, the Founding Fathers did not anticipate the complexities that such “free speech” would someday entail. It’s gonna be a tough nut to crack, as this dialog absolutely is not going away anytime soon... 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

40 minutes ago, sjsbuff said:

JFC, I know this is a squirrelly issue (slippery slope), but protected speech in these forums really has gone too far.  It should not be a case wherein anyone can say just anything, and with complete impunity. 

Changes to social media, IMO, are inevitable. At least the rules/laws surrounding users of same. Clearly, the Founding Fathers did not anticipate the complexities that such “free speech” would someday entail. It’s gonna be a tough nut to crack, as this dialog absolutely is not going away anytime soon... 

Not sure I agree here. I mean, the VP of one founding father killed another founding father after he wrote (I'm sure our resident Founding Father experts will kill me for incorrectly characterizing this) what I understand to be pretty inflammatory political speech. I get the sense that they were well aware of the dangerous power of speech and opted to protect it anyway. 

• Like 4

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

1 hour ago, smltwnrckr said:

Not sure I agree here. I mean, the VP of one founding father killed another founding father after he wrote (I'm sure our resident Founding Father experts will kill me for incorrectly characterizing this) what I understand to be pretty inflammatory political speech. I get the sense that they were well aware of the dangerous power of speech and opted to protect it anyway. 

I think you're simplifying too much.  I'm talking about the free speech of the day (verbal and print medium) versus all the modern social media that hundreds of millions of people in the U.S. (and billions of others around the world) now utilize - multiple times every day.  No way, no how, did the Founding Fathers foresee how powerful the concept of "free speech" - especially when unchecked - would become, and in that particular context. 

In the late 1700's and early 1800's, what, there were only around 5 million people in the U.S.?   And how many of those truly even had access to platforms that could one could argue stretched to the concept of free speech?  A rickety soap box that no one cared about outside the local saloon?  A one in one thousand (or maybe more) shot at a letter to the editor, you know, actually being published?   A church meeting in Frontier America attended by a half dozen parishioners? 

I mean, nowadays, anyone and everyone can lie to their heart's content - even incite lawlessness or make life or death threats - all under the guise of "free speech".  This happens pretty much with complete impunity on the Internet these days.  Call me skeptical as to the Founding Father's being down with that sort of nonsense. 

You can't tell me that the things that that Marjorie Taylor-Green bitch subscribed to a couple years ago, and which is now just coming under greater scrutiny, would've played well back near Revolutionary times.  Free speech, although terribly important to all, has nonetheless been perverted by those who seek to exploit the weak of mind, often for nefarious reasons.  Just ask Cult 45...          

• Like 2

3 hours ago, retrofade said:

What the actualy phucksticks?

Sorry, but this absolute nutcase needs to be removed from office. 

The real problem is that this is what the voters wanted. 

• Like 4

Marjorie Taylor Greene is trying the "someone else" defense.

I'm trying to figure out why she needed a "team" to run her social media accounts several years ago before she even announced she was running for Congress. Then she never checked what the "team" was liking or sharing? Where is that "team" now?

From this tweet:

"Fake News CNN is writing yet another hit piece on me focused on my time before running for political office. Over the years, I have had teams of people manage my pages. Many posts have been liked. Many posts have been shared. Some did not represent my views. Especially the ones that CNN is about to spread across the internet."

Then she is launching attacks at people commenting about those old posts.

Meantime, Lauren Boebert said she "didn't know" the people in the militia group she posed with on the Colorado Capitol steps in December 2019. -

Her statement about the photo said in part: "Extremists that believe your rhetoric have posted photos of me with people I don’t know at the Capitol Building in Denver, Colorado, following a rally from more than a year ago......"

Now a reporter has uncovered other pictures of her with the same people that were taken months before the above steps picture. No comment from Boebert yet.

https://coloradotimesrecorder.com/2021/01/boebert-claimed-not-to-know-anti-govt-extremists-she-posed-with-but-photos-show-otherwise/34027/

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, FresnoFacts said:

Marjorie Taylor Greene is trying the "someone else" defense.

I'm trying to figure out why she needed a "team" to run her social media accounts several years ago before she even announced she was running for Congress. Then she never checked what the "team" was liking or sharing? Where is that "team" now?

From this tweet:

"Fake News CNN is writing yet another hit piece on me focused on my time before running for political office. Over the years, I have had teams of people manage my pages. Many posts have been liked. Many posts have been shared. Some did not represent my views. Especially the ones that CNN is about to spread across the internet."

Then she is launching attacks at people commenting about those old posts.

I know we throw around the phrase “bat-shit crazy” a lot these days, but this piece of work sure fits the bill - in a frightening sort of way.  Honestly, she appears to have already gone off the deep end... 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, FresnoFacts said:

Meantime, Lauren Boebert said she "didn't know" the people in the militia group she posed with on the Colorado Capitol steps in December 2019. -

Her statement about the photo said in part: "Extremists that believe your rhetoric have posted photos of me with people I don’t know at the Capitol Building in Denver, Colorado, following a rally from more than a year ago......"

Now a reporter has uncovered other pictures of her with the same people that were taken months before the above steps picture. No comment from Boebert yet.

https://coloradotimesrecorder.com/2021/01/boebert-claimed-not-to-know-anti-govt-extremists-she-posed-with-but-photos-show-otherwise/34027/

Spinning one’s racist tendencies must be a pretty steep challenge for these dumb-ass GOP types who seem, you know, downright ignorant of the power that damning pictures posted on social media can convey...

This is no longer our grandparents' or our older parents' Republican party.  It's destroying itself as more and more of these crazies (and their social media followers) infiltrate the party.  Meanwhile they have all those election fraud liars and their silent complicitors who are all afraid of being primaried out by the lurking 45.  How dumb.             

The Democrats are shouting out their disgust, but I think behind closed doors they're laughing their asses off.

And here in Oregon, the GOP doing everything in their power to never win a statewide election again: https://www.oregonlive.com/politics/2021/01/oregon-republican-party-condemns-impeachment-aligns-itself-with-conspiracy-theories.html

No doubt these idiots are supported by many of the same people who complain endlessly that they are not represented in Salem. So they want to join Idaho.