mugtang

The GOP has lost it

11 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

I’m well educated thank you.   

The green plan is a goal not a detailed roadmap.  It’s what good Presidents do.   Set an aspirational goal, provide resources and let the smart people figure it out.   

Much of Healthcare is a necessary for life product.  It doesn’t take much work or common sense to see that economically providing thousands of negotiating points for health providers to negotiate against is the by far less efficient system.   By your model access to water would also be un-regulated.   

Again left is a relative term. Biden’s top tax rate is less than Reagan’s and equal to Clinton’s but people without perspective claim is some new far left proposal.  

good lord.  

A good aspirational goal is not what scientifically, logistically can not be obtained.  The moon shot was an aspirational goal.  Making the power grid free of carbon by '35 is not.  It can't be done.  Well it could be, with investment in nuclear.

You thinking policy is "good" does not mean it is not further left than how any predecessor in any other general chose to adress it.  It aslo does not mean it is inherently bad.  His energy policy is bad, ignorant and not scientificly sound, but that is for another discussion.

And you say I am arrogant.  You believe if you agree with policy the policy transcends left or right and the only word for it is correct.

Fug out of here.

5 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

A good aspirational goal is not what scientifically, logistically can not be obtained.  The moon shot was an aspirational goal.  Making the power grid free of carbon by '35 is not.  It can't be done.  Well it could be, with investment in nuclear.

You thinking policy is "good" does not mean it is not further left than how any predecessor in any other general chose to adress it.  It aslo does not mean it is inherently bad.  His energy policy is bad, ignorant and not scientificly sound, but that is for another discussion.

And you say I am arrogant.  You believe if you agree with policy the policy transcends left or right and the only word for it is correct.

Fug out of here.

That isn't the Biden plan though.

BEv8KQi.png

I think that net-zero by 2050 is certainly an aspirational goal and one that could (and should) spur on new innovations. 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, retrofade said:

That isn't the Biden plan though.

BEv8KQi.png

I think that net-zero by 2050 is certainly an aspirational goal and one that could (and should) spur on new innovations. 

Wrong.  Here is his 2035 plan.  It enovles the grid.  His 2050 plan envolves the entire country being carbon neutral.  Two different things.

https://www.spglobal.com/marketintelligence/en/news-insights/latest-news-headlines/biden-s-2035-carbon-free-power-goal-requires-supercharged-innovation-decade-60275901

10 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Wrong.  Here is his 2035 plan.  It enovles the grid.  His 2050 plan envolves the entire country being carbon neutral.  Two different things.

https://www.spglobal.com/marketintelligence/en/news-insights/latest-news-headlines/biden-s-2035-carbon-free-power-goal-requires-supercharged-innovation-decade-60275901

Seems like he is rushing it.  Investing and shifting toward is something I would like to see, but when I looked up the two commentators in the article (McCarthy and Moniz), I am going to pay heed to the one who dived more into the science, who stated it was very lofty of a goal, too lofty.  Hopefully he will too.  And don't kill one energy source until the replacement is stable, please.

• Like 1

We as a country should be 100% committed to developing a diverse and secure energy policy with nuclear at the core. Continue to invest in and expand renewables like solar, wind, etc. but focus on waning ourselves off the significant degree of dependency we have today on fossil fuels. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

11 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

We as a country should be 100% committed to developing a diverse and secure energy policy with nuclear at the core. Continue to invest in and expand renewables like solar, wind, etc. but focus on waning ourselves off the significant degree of dependency we have today on fossil fuels. 

Unfortunately most people are overly frightened by nuclear power. When safe & effective nuclear fusion stations are ready people will still be wetting their pants

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, Maji said:

Unfortunately most people are overly frightened by nuclear power. When safe & effective nuclear fusion stations are ready people will still be wetting their pants

Some folks are profusion and some are confusion :oldman:

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Maji said:

Dumb.  We do not need to wait for god damn cold fusion.  Stupid piece of shit democrats.

1 minute ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Dumb.  We donnot need to wait for god damn cold fusion.  Stupid piece of shit democrats.

Is fear of nuclear a left-right thing? I don't see nuclear plants going up in red states either. More of a stupid American thing?

14 minutes ago, tspoke said:

Is fear of nuclear a left-right thing? I don't see nuclear plants going up in red states either. More of a stupid American thing?

You are correct.  The right is no more willing.  However they are not calling to completely remove fossil fuels from the grid in one and a half decades with ZERO plan.

We can run an entire grid with zero fossil fuels using nuclear fission as the primary source of constant energy.  We can not with wind and solar.  Period.

Democrats are the anti science party right now with Biden.  But being anti science gives them warm fuzzies.

We do not need to wait for +++++ing cold fusion.  

We do not need to wait for stable cold fusion like @Maji suggested even though he got likes.  That is idiotic.  Nuclear fission can work just fine and be far safer than any other energy resource.  Our next generation reactors are meltdown proof.  No reason in hell we should wait a +++++ing century for fusion before making nuclear the staple of our grid.

But democrats hate science.  Such an anti science party.

We do not need to wait for stable cold fusion like @Maji suggested even though he got likes.  That is idiotic.  Nuclear fission can work just fine and be far safer than any other energy resource.  Our next generation reactors are meltdown proof.  No reason in hell we should wait a +++++ing century for fusion before making nuclear the staple of grid.

I'm not saying we need to wait for that. Just using it as an example of how people will be scared of nuclear either way

3 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

We do not need to wait for stable cold fusion like @Maji suggested even though he got likes.  That is idiotic.  Nuclear fission can work just fine and be far safer than any other energy resource.  Our next generation reactors are meltdown proof.  No reason in hell we should wait a +++++ing century for fusion before making nuclear the staple of our grid.

Nuclear is the only option to combat climate change. 

• Like 2

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

4 minutes ago, Maji said:

I'm not saying we need to wait for that

Then why say "once fusion durka durr".

Fission energy is safe and can actually power a grid.  Fusion is 100 or more years away unless we dump huge money in investing in it.  Maybe something like Bidens idiotic two trillion.  Then it may be 75

Then why say "once fusion durka durr".

Fission energy is safe and can actually power a grid.  Fusion is 100 or more years away unless we dump huge money in investing in it.  Maybe something like Bidens idiotic two trillion.  Then it may ne 75

Let’s mine the moon for He3

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

11 minutes ago, Maji said:

Because it would be a transformative innovation and nuclear detractors would still not be convinced

I think it's closer than 100 years away

It is not because there is no will to invest.  8 years ago Nature said we are 70 years away with global funding.  We do not have global funding.  Cold fusion is a pipe dream until liberal governments decide it is a good thing to invest in nuclear.

Just now, halfmanhalfbronco said:

It is not because there is no will to invest.  8 years ago Nature said we are 70 years away with global funding.  We do not have global funding.  Cold fusion is a pipe dream until liberal governments decide it is a good thing to invest in nuclear.

Cold fusion, perhaps

https://www.newscientist.com/article/2261246-uk-takes-step-towards-worlds-first-nuclear-fusion-power-station/