mugtang

The GOP has lost it

15 minutes ago, retrofade said:

Ultimately, the GOP needs to invoke the 25th Amendment if he refuses to concede. 

Bad idea. If they do that, it cements the crazies' delusions that they are being victimized. Ultimately, it shouldn't matter that he doesn't concede other than being horribly detrimental to the country. He's leaving on Jan. 20, one way or the other.

10 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

Bad idea. If they do that, it cements the crazies' delusions that they are being victimized. Ultimately, it shouldn't matter that he doesn't concede other than being horribly detrimental to the country. He's leaving on Jan. 20, one way or the other.

Seriously doubt there's enough GOPer's who would come out supporting 25th Amend at this point..............but who knows how far down the toilet this whole thing gets in the next 60+days ?!?!

1 minute ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Hoffa's grave actually exists somewhere.

He was incinerated and his ashes were scattered into the wind.  You are fake news.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

3 minutes ago, UNLV2001 said:

Seriously doubt there's enough GOPer's who would come out supporting 25th Amend at this point..............but who knows how far down the toilet this whole thing gets in the next 60+days ?!?!

My Civil War philosophy holds.

For the good of the country if not the world, the US cannot ever have another president like Trump. If preventing that requires fighting in the streets for a week or two, so be it.

2 hours ago, mugtang said:

It’s time for this shit show to end. But nope, here we are, a major political party is pushing this narrative.

So all that matters is at what point if you are a Georgian Republican who voted for Biden do you say enough is enough I’m voting Dem in the Senate election.  

you are the closest proxy we have 😃

1 hour ago, bornontheblue said:

The GOP made some good progress in this election and are set up well for the next couple of election cycles. That will all be lost, if they don't speak out against this nonsense publicly, and quick. 

What would be lost? The GOP has control of a large majority of state houses to enforce redistricting to their advantage, has essentially commandeered the court system thanks to mcconnell holding up vast swathes of nominees at the end of obama's term, and will probably take the senate too.  There is, objectively, no downside to a coup here except that the less brain poisoned members have to just shove their conscience in a locker and let it ride.  If there's popular unrest the police (who are overwhelmingly pro-trump as a dmeographic) get to just stand back and watch militias gun down black bloc antifa who are, on average, far less heavily armed.

This is the calculus.  If trump's coup eventually fails, great, the GOP has all these structural advantages already in place, they get to make Biden the most impotent president at a legislative level in recent memory, and they can make a run at the WH in 2024 with even more draconian voting laws and if it's closer they can do the coup again with a legal team that isn't run by rudy +++++ing giuliani. If it doesn't fail? Nice bonus, they get the white house too.

• Like 3
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, son of a gun said:

I can't help but think if some people on here said that the Orange Menace would do crap like this going back to 2016 if he lost. Not 100% sure, but its a gut feeling.

Just think what might have happened if he had another 4 years to further politicize DOJ and DOD by replacing all the civil servants he intended to replace.   

1 hour ago, RogueStout said:

This picture desperately needs Hot Dog guy in it.

@BSUTOP25

1 hour ago, bornontheblue said:

WTF is hot dog guy. 

I'm just a simple accountant.  I don't get out of my office much. 

1 hour ago, mugtang said:

Polian maybe?

1 hour ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Fat guy eating a hotdog with his shirt open in a famous picture of Boise fans.  I lost it @VandalPride97 assist?

751AAAF1-1EFC-4BD5-B6C7-C6FC4C9B3372.jpeg.01b42a0afa90bf54531af9c91448edd9.jpeg

1. @BSUTOP25 - loves to eat dogs before heading on a long haul to Omaha in his Peterbilt (note incoming freshman @tailingpermit wearing the green hat to my lower left) 

2. @Jwherb - any guy that claps his hands like that must drive a Subaru 

3. @boisewitha-s - does this really require an explanation? 

4. @Boise fan - wearing a red shirt while thinking of what else should be banned 

5. @k5james - figures this crowd is part of the front range conspiracy to keep SDSU down 

6. @BadWillHunting - obviously raging over something again

7. @RogueStout - hispanic guy that looks as if he's been drinking non stop since 9 am 

8. @BroncoOrange - face reveals he just got it that @#1Stunner (@Half Neslon) has been trolling him all along 

9. @mysfit because the poor dude in front of her can't figure out what smells like cat urine 

10. @bluerules009 - thinking about how to decimate Chris Ault's pistol offense while ignoring all the ignorant racist liberals surrounding him

11. @halfmanhalfbronco - wondering if the wig is going to get him laid after the game 

12. @edluvar - completely baked and confused as to how he ended up here from Gonzaga 

13. @tailingpermit - incoming freshman collecting social security 

14. @Jeffkills - pondering whether or not this might be his "better side" pose for the next avatar 

15. @easybronc - awkwardly imposing himself on the group while everyone else is wondering who invited him 

16. @kingpotato - straight off the Declo potato truck 

• Cheers 4
  • Haha 8

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

47 minutes ago, retrofade said:

Georgia performed a hand recount and the results showed no fraud. They also audited the machines themselves, and there was no evidence of fraud.

The Dominion stuff is just another shiny object that Trump and Rudy have thrown in front of people.

Quit using facts.  Those don’t matter anymore.  🤷🏼‍♀️

Got to feel bad for the Georgia Secretary of State.  He is an honest guy who did his job to the letter of the law.   Now for doing the right thing he is persona non grata.  Add him to the list of good people Vindman, Crozier who Trump has thrown under the bus for doing their job and doing it right.  

Guest #1Stunner
2 hours ago, BYUcougfan said:

If they can prove it, then they need to do it and stop with the nonsense.  If they are right it is the biggest political story in the history of the country.  Looks like grandstanding to me.

Isn't there a deadline that the election needs to be certified soon, and the electoral college vote?

I thought it was end of November.

11 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

751AAAF1-1EFC-4BD5-B6C7-C6FC4C9B3372.jpeg.01b42a0afa90bf54531af9c91448edd9.jpeg

1. @BSUTOP25 - loves to eat dogs before heading on a long haul to Omaha in his Peterbilt (note incoming freshman @tailingpermit wearing the green hat to my lower left) 

2. @Jwherb - any guy that claps his hands like that must drive a Subaru 

3. @boisewitha-s - does this really require an explanation? 

4. @Boise fan - wearing a red shirt while thinking of what else should be banned 

5. @k5james - figures this crowd is part of the front range conspiracy to keep SDSU down 

6. @BadWillHunting - obviously raging over something again

7. @RogueStout - hispanic guy that looks as if he's been drinking non stop since 9 am 

8. @BroncoOrange - face reveals he just got it that @#1Stunner (@Half Neslon) has been trolling him all along 

9. @mysfit because the poor dude in front of her can't figure out what smells like cat urine 

10. @bluerules009 - thinking about how to decimate Chris Ault's pistol offense while ignoring all the ignorant racist liberals surrounding him

11. @halfmanhalfbronco - wondering if the wig is going to get him laid after the game 

12. @edluvar - completely baked and confused as to how he ended up here from Gonzaga 

wtf happened to jwherb anyway? 

• Like 2

lamb-with-human-face-150331-670.jpg?itok

5 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

Isn't there a deadline that the election needs to be certified soon, and the electoral college vote?

I thought it was end of November.

That's the whole point of these lawsuits, to delay it past the window for the electoral college and then punt it into the house of representatives where republicans control more state delegations.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, mugtang said:

What I don’t understand is why so many members of the GOP are just going along with this. 

They don’t have a choice.  The supported Trumps looseness with the Trump from the beginning and now their voters believe the Truth is whatever Trump says it is.   So they have to go along and assume the courts will hold, which they will.   But had we had 4 more years of a Trump Presidency I’m not so sure it would have held.   

Guest #1Stunner
9 minutes ago, Rofl_copter_dos said:

That's the whole point of these lawsuits, to delay it past the window for the electoral college and then punt it into the house of representatives where republicans control more state delegations.

No one is going to accept the results unless the Republicans can provide any facts to support their fraud allegations.

So far they have nothing.   It's put up or shut up time.  

Plus, I doubt that the State delegations would dare do what you are suggesting. 

2 hours ago, son of a gun said:

I can't help but think if some people on here said that the Orange Menace would do crap like this going back to 2016 if he lost. Not 100% sure, but its a gut feeling.

I was sounding the alarm four years ago that a Trump presidency represented an exigent threat to our national security for multiple reasons including his strong-arm authoritarian tendencies.

• Like 6

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

2 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

No one is going to accept the results unless the Republicans can provide any facts to support their fraud allegations.

So far they have nothing.   It's put up or shut up time.  

Plus, I doubt that the State delegations would dare do what you are suggesting. 

I remain extremely unconvinced that republican state legislatures and house reps, who largely range from car dealership owners to insane cranks like the wayne county freaks, are in any way committed to norms and the rule of law.   the house minority leader is doing interviews and tweets uncritically repeating trump's bogus claims about the election. 

• Like 1