Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OrediggerPoke

CSU @ Wyoming - rematch this weekend

14 minutes ago, Pokez said:

Back to my original thought, how anxious/willing to you think Coach X is to play someone different then they originally planned, on 3 days notice?

Its my understanding that The Boot wouldn't be on the line in the event of a mid-season rematch between Wyoming and CSU, it would be considered a non-conference game, and as usual, CSU has no national or even conference aspirations so I think their level of risk was low. 

I'm not sure but the other team also hadn't had a chance to study you. I would be up for the challenge if I was a coach. I was wondering if we could pull something together with SJSU for sunday morning or something. But SJSU is currently undefeated so I get why they wouldn't want to risk that by playing a team with no time to prepare but with Wyoming at 1-2 I would be up for something like that just to see what happens.

14 minutes ago, tspoke said:

I'm not sure but the other team also hadn't had a chance to study you. I would be up for the challenge if I was a coach. I was wondering if we could pull something together with SJSU for sunday morning or something. But SJSU is currently undefeated so I get why they wouldn't want to risk that by playing a team with no time to prepare but with Wyoming at 1-2 I would be up for something like that just to see what happens.

My guess is logistics would play more of a role with SJSU.  It isn’t easy to charter a flight and arrange for everything in and transportation to Laramie 2 days before a game.  

Colorado State is a 50 minute drive away.  They publicly stated they would be interested in trying to schedule some game this weekend but privately did the opposite.  

10 hours ago, OrediggerPoke said:

Let’s be realistic, CSU and Wyoming already played.  These teams knew each other, had already evaluated all of the film and game planning would not be very difficult.  CSU did not want to risk playing Wyoming again knowing that the same early mistakes by Wyoming were unlikely.  

In fact, the last game Wyoming played was against CSU so there would literally be no new film to evaluate.  We have a name for CSU where I come from...cowards.  

Bronze Boot.jpg