Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OrediggerPoke

CSU @ Wyoming - rematch this weekend

22 minutes ago, OrediggerPoke said:

Come on MWC, let's schedule it.  Give us something to look forward to before the whole conference packs it in and calls it a season.

Despite all the crap the Cal States got from this board, we aren't looking like we would be the reason the conference folds this year.  :banana:

8 minutes ago, phxpoke said:

I believe CU isn't playing. Wish we could find someone to play. I feel bad for the businesses in a little town like laramie.

The PAC will never allow a member institution to play OOC like this in the middle of the pandemic.  That is a reality.

CSU and Wyoming both being MWC member institutions and both being capable of playing this weekend just makes too much sense.  I guarantee the fanbases would be engaged in a rematch and the players too.

1 hour ago, OrediggerPoke said:

The PAC will never allow a member institution to play OOC like this in the middle of the pandemic.  That is a reality.

CSU and Wyoming both being MWC member institutions and both being capable of playing this weekend just makes too much sense.  I guarantee the fanbases would be engaged in a rematch and the players too.

I read the Pac-12 okayed OOC games this morning.

I'd enjoy a rematch.  But nowhere near as much as I'd enjoy a game against CU.  Both are likely losses -- Wyo with revenge on their mind, and CU off to a hot start -- but I'd love to see either happen.

In the end I think CSU will just spend an extra week prepping for an Air Force game that they'll back out of.  F&*K 2020!

17 hours ago, OrediggerPoke said:

Come on MWC, let's schedule it.  Give us something to look forward to before the whole conference packs it in and calls it a season.

Sure it would be fun, but they just got that boot back, they're not going to be willing to give it back a week later.

On 11/18/2020 at 2:03 PM, OrediggerPoke said:

Well this didn’t age well.

The Masters 5k road race All American.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/30350977/san-jose-state-fresno-state-college-football-game-canceled-due-covid-19-protocols

It is the conference's third game called off this week, joining Utah State-Wyoming and Colorado State-UNLV. The conference and Wyoming were both hopeful of scheduling a game between Colorado State and Wyoming, but CSU chose not to play, sources told ESPN.

20 minutes ago, Swoll Cracker said:

Did you know the highest rate of COVID-19 per capita in all the Mountain West is in Albany County, WY?  I’m not sure why anybody would want to travel there.

How convenient that CSU can make up excuses.   Wouldn’t expect anything less.  We will see you next year.  Don’t lose our boot.  

Also, did you know that students make up 1/3 of the population of Albany County and all students on campus were required to Covid test twice weekly (all UW personnel weekly)? Do you think that might skew the results versus other places?

With the amount of film time/scouting and opponent specific game planning that takes place, I'd be curious how many coaches are actually in favor of  playing someone different after learning of a COVID cancelation 3 days later. I'm guessing that it is very few. I get why fans would want it.

The likelihood of a CSU/Wyoming or CSU/Colorado or Wyoming/Colorado game actually taking place on essentially 3 days notice this week had to be incredibly low.

5923508649007_bestsuperbowlpicture.jpg.3d879e07e88f2c9ecd15a44ed82786a3.jpg

8 minutes ago, Pokez said:

With the amount of film time/scouting and opponent specific game planning that takes place, I'd be curious how many coaches are actually in favor of  playing someone different after learning of a COVID cancelation 3 days later. I'm guessing that it is very few. I get why fans would want it.

The likelihood of a CSU/Wyoming or CSU/Colorado or Wyoming/Colorado game actually taking place on essentially 3 days notice this week had to be incredibly low.

Let’s be realistic, CSU and Wyoming already played.  These teams knew each other, had already evaluated all of the film and game planning would not be very difficult.  CSU did not want to risk playing Wyoming again knowing that the same early mistakes by Wyoming were unlikely.  

In fact, the last game Wyoming played was against CSU so there would literally be no new film to evaluate.  We have a name for CSU where I come from...cowards.  

10 minutes ago, OrediggerPoke said:

Let’s be realistic, CSU and Wyoming already played.  These teams knew each other, had already evaluated all of the film and game planning would not be very difficult.  CSU did not want to risk playing Wyoming again knowing that the same early mistakes by Wyoming were unlikely.  

In fact, the last game Wyoming played was against CSU so there would literally be no new film to evaluate.  We have a name for CSU where I come from...cowards.  

The ‘Boys had their shot...and stepped all over their dicks. I want to watch them as much as anybody, but csu owes us nothing. Also, pretty certain cu would’ve boat raced us with what I’ve seen so far this season. 

27 minutes ago, OrediggerPoke said:

Back to my original thought, how anxious/willing do you think Coach X is to play someone different then they originally planned, on 3 days notice?

Its my understanding that The Boot wouldn't be on the line in the event of a mid-season rematch between Wyoming and CSU, it would be considered a non-conference game, and as usual, CSU has no national or even conference aspirations so I think their level of risk was low. 

5923508649007_bestsuperbowlpicture.jpg.3d879e07e88f2c9ecd15a44ed82786a3.jpg