Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bronco7454

Kookie-fornia LIBERALS considering parole for alleged murderer, kidnapper & rapist who was sentenced to 104 yrs in prison next year

2 hours ago, Los_Aztecas said:

They have to pay their nursing staff 10% more than industry average. No one wants to work there. Its poorly run and managed and patients suffer. Maybe your primary care is fine, but any emergency or hospitalization care that you recieve will be poor.

My experience over decades has been very different. In my conversations with staff they are all very happy to be at Kaiser because profit is not the be all and end all. My family has always had excellent care. But I’ve learned over the years that there are definitely people out there that don’t like Kaiser.

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

5 hours ago, BYUcougfan said:

So we can count on your silence the next time Utah jockeys to manage more of the land in Utah?

Judge Judy Reaction GIF

3 hours ago, Los_Aztecas said:

They have to pay their nursing staff 10% more than industry average. No one wants to work there. Its poorly run and managed and patients suffer. Maybe your primary care is fine, but any emergency or hospitalization care that you recieve will be poor.

https://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/Kaiser-Permanente-Reviews-E19466.htm

Did you or people you know happen to use Kaiser in the wake of Obama Care starting? From what I know that was the only time the Kaiser system had issues delivering care as they took on so many new patients. 

1 hour ago, NVGiant said:

This poll is rigged!

Poll? I'm telling you like it is, not asking your opinion. Get on board with fascism or get on board with getting water boarded....the choice is yours.  

6 hours ago, NVGiant said:

True. That’s why we all think Texas sucks. :P

f059a5fade40102464047dbec087ae73.jpg

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

1 hour ago, AztecSU said:

https://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/Kaiser-Permanente-Reviews-E19466.htm

Did you or people you know happen to use Kaiser in the wake of Obama Care starting? From what I know that was the only time the Kaiser system had issues delivering care as they took on so many new patients. 

Well, I can only offer you anecdotal evidence. Of the two emergencies that my family had Kaiser misdiagnosed and mistreated both. One resulted in a prolonged recovery time, and the other resulted in permanent neurological damage.

I have also worked at many different facilities when I was with an agency and of them Kaiser was the worst, hands down (of the big 4 - Kaiser, Sharp, Scripps, and UCSD). But, like I said, that is only my opinion and my observations.

8 hours ago, smltwnrckr said:

This always needs to be pointed out when people complain about California. All you hate the idea of Californians coming to your neighborhoods, but every place in the world has been sending their biggest assholes out here since 1849. 

I used to work in the City Planning Department. Our definition of a NIMBY was someone who had moved to San Diego two years ago from back East and bought a house on a canyon.

3 hours ago, Los_Aztecas said:

Well, I can only offer you anecdotal evidence. Of the two emergencies that my family had Kaiser misdiagnosed and mistreated both. One resulted in a prolonged recovery time, and the other resulted in permanent neurological damage.

I have also worked at many different facilities when I was with an agency and of them Kaiser was the worst, hands down (of the big 4 - Kaiser, Sharp, Scripps, and UCSD). But, like I said, that is only my opinion and my observations.

It’s like I said. In my experience people really like Kaiser or really dislike Kaiser. 

11 hours ago, NVGiant said:

True. That’s why we all think Texas sucks. :P

When I moved to Colorado in the late 70's, no one gave a damn about California. It was all about, "phuck Texas!"

The most popular bumper sticker was: "If God had meant for Texans to ski, he would have made bullshit white"

Still brings a smile. :D

3 hours ago, renoskier said:

When I moved to Colorado in the late 70's, no one gave a damn about California. It was all about, "phuck Texas!"

The most popular bumper sticker was: "If God had meant for Texans to ski, he would have made bullshit white"

When I lived in Denver in the mid to late 90s it seemed like most people who lived there were originally from Texas or Kansas. 

3 hours ago, renoskier said:

A former governor of Montana once said "if you took.all the bullshit out of Texas it would be the size of Rhode Island"

I always liked that guy. 

Just now, Joe from WY said:

A former governor of Montana once said "if you took.all the bullshit out of Texas it would be the size of Rhode Island"

I always liked that guy. 

wait, would the bullshit be the size of RI or would Texas be the size of RI?

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

Just now, smltwnrckr said:

wait, would the bullshit be the size of RI or would Texas be the size of RI?

Texas would be the size of Rhode Island. Because it's chock full of bullshit. 

Just now, Joe from WY said:

Texas would be the size of Rhode Island. Because it's chock full of bullshit. 

I think saying that all the bullshit would make a pile as big as Rhode Island would work too. But that makes more sense. 

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

Guest #1Stunner
On 11/18/2020 at 9:44 AM, Bronco7454 said:

The kidnapping of Colleen Stan

In this Wikipedia documentation of this case, in the paragraph titled "Escape and trial", is the following:   "On April 16, 2015, his request for parole was denied, and Hooker will be eligible for another hearing in 2030.[35]However, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, California officials contacted Stan and advised her that they were looking into possibly granting him parole in March of 2021"

That's roughly 4 months from now.

I used the term "alleged murderer" as the "wife" of this pervert from California related to police - as this Wikipedia entry mentioned - that he had murdered a young girl (Marie Elizabeth Spannhake) whose body was never found.  But police were unable to prosecute him for that crime due to a lack of evidence.   Marie Elizabeth Spannhake was kidnapped in 1976 - one year before he and his "wife" kidnapped Colleen Stan.

Sick.

Sad that California thinks he should be paroled.