Bob

Masks not effective in containing the spread of COVID-19 according to new Danish randomized control trial (gold standard of research)

2 hours ago, Los_Aztecas said:

It's going to sound callous but I put some money in certain health care stocks in March.

I just bought a phizer $40 call option that expires 6/18/21.  Either I'll exercise the option when Phizer goes over $40 (which it will) or I'll sell it at a premium. 

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

Delayed reaction? Most of those states were seeing minimal cases early on. Note that New York and New Jersey we’re hit hard early and have significantly declined since. 

Nope, at least not for all of them..   South Dakota spiked early with meat packing plants and has never really recovered.  Montana locked down tight early on and avoided the first round due to that lockdown.

• Confused 1
6 hours ago, Bob said:

Use common sense, bornontheblue. If everyone is wearing a mask now, why are cases spiking? When is the last time you even heard anyone cough or sneeze in public? The main method of transmission is obviously aerosolized transmission, NOT via droplets. Masks cannot protect you from aerosolized transmission. It's literally impossible. The virus is too small to be filtered

Boy bob ur dumb dumb and dumber

1 hour ago, Stealthlobo said:

Sorry, people keep misspelling "Pfizer" and it's driving me nuts...

Mug's going to be bummed when he goes to execute those Phizer options.

I buy my beaf and crude lol futures from this guy in a van down at the Arco station.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
6 hours ago, Akkula said:

You know what else I cannot understand?  Why are we treating masks like they are some kind of new and unproven technology?

Why the +++++ do we think people in hospitals and surgeries have been wearing masks?  It has always kinda been to me like, "no duh" that masks would work to keep people from getting diseases.

It is like Covid came out and everyone thought we had to throw out everything we know and re-learn it again.  That really made Trump's day.  

Of course wearing a mask probably helps both the wearer and others around.  Doesn't this would have seemed like an obvious statement to everyone like a year ago?  :shrug:

That's what we have to do with literally everything now.  Cursory information is so readily available that everyone has the ability to have a shallow and naive opinion on everything.  All rules, facts and procedures, some that have been ground out and refined over decades or centuries, are now open for consideration again because half the world believes their cursory knowledge of a subject has led them to new questions and new possibilities that much smarter people before them never thought of, but of course these new questions or possibilities are anything but. We must relitigate everything, like whether or not the earth is round or not, to satisfy all these "college freshmen".  

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Bob said:

https://www.acpjournals.org/doi/10.7326/M20-6817

EnHIKALW4AAvSLd?format=jpg&name=small

EnHIKALW8AAL-Se?format=jpg&name=small

EnHIKAKXMAUPGZk?format=jpg&name=small

Is this the least surprising result ever?

Bob, I think this is the first time I have hit that idiot button. I'm sorry, but you can't be this dense.

8 hours ago, bornontheblue said:

Loop Trump GIF

Viruses by themselves can easily get through the cloth fibers of a mask but that is not how it works. The Corona virus is not just out there floating around waiting to be breathed in.  They are suspended in snot and spit droplets that are projected out as we breathe , cough etc. A mask is very effective at keeping your own snot droplets to yourself!!! Masks work for the same reason your mother told you to cover your mouth when you sneeze or cough. JFC !! we are a year into this pandemic and people still are not  getting this. :facepalm:

This guy gets it.

19 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

Bob, I think this is the first time I have hit that idiot button. I'm sorry, but you can't be this dense.

Dense enough to cite the only RCT of its kind? Science says masks aren’t effective at protecting you, bud. I cited an excellent study from an excellent, scientific source. 

Now that we’ve established masks literally don’t protect the wearer, if you’re dumb enough to believe the malarky that the mask is only good for protecting those around you (how noble) then you’re just dumb dumb. Like a mask is somehow a one way gate to microscopic virus particles. They can go in but not out. mmmmkay. Why are cases rising everywhere, regardless of policy, when everyone is wearing them. Yeah doesn’t add up

• Idiot 2
8 hours ago, Akkula said:

Why aren't stores posting guards at the front to turn people away who won't wear a mask?  Shouldn't that be mandatory to go into a store.  Why aren't the businesses policing this.  It would seem to be good for business to advertise a clean store with everyone masked, no?  They also lessen their exposure to lawsuits.  

USA is weird.....

Why aren't stores hiring extra personel right now?  Really?  

Better question is why are stores just nor asking people to leave.  Retail is getting clown raped, they can not hire full time mask guards.

They should be asking non masked to leave, though.

42 minutes ago, Bob said:

Dense enough to cite the only RCT of its kind? Science says masks aren’t effective at protecting you, bud. I cited an excellent study from an excellent, scientific source. 

Now that we’ve established masks literally don’t protect the wearer, if you’re dumb enough to believe the malarky that the mask is only good for protecting those around you (how noble) then you’re just dumb dumb. Like a mask is somehow a one way gate to microscopic virus particles. They can go in but not out. mmmmkay. Why are cases rising everywhere, regardless of policy, when everyone is wearing them. Yeah doesn’t add up

Science never relies on one study. Everyone is not wearing them in the settings where the disease is spreading.

24 minutes ago, Bob said:

Number one, I'm not your bud. Number two, I'm a dental hygienist. If you think you don't spit when you talk, think again. THAT is what your mask will catch, THIS virus is carried by droplets. I will say this one more time, sneeze into your mask, and see what happens. That is what is NOT being circulated. That's just that many less particles to spread to everyone else, who then bring it into my office. Nurses are exhausted. Hospitals are filling up fast. Two weeks ago there were a bunch of rallies with Maga not wearing masks, and lo and behold, we have a spike. Figure it out.

College kids will be home soon, and will reconnect with their friends. We will see a big spike right in time for Christmas. If you think it doesn't happen, my niece's daughter just brought it home to the rest of her family. They are all sick. They obviously don't wear masks at home, and my niece is also a hygienist. She didn't get it from her patients, where she wears a mask. She got it from her daughter, who doesn't.

Medical personnel have been wearing masks forever for a reason. But I'm sure you'd be comfortable with them not wearing one to treat you, or, even hang out with you, after they just treated someone dying from covid. They washed their hands already, so you should be good.

Maybe quit looking for one sentence in an article, and just use some f***ing common sense.

Or just shut up and wear a damn mask, it isn't going to kill you. 

• Like 5
53 minutes ago, Bob said:

You did cite an excellent study from a world class source!  You just linked it and made claims the study did not support.  We have all known for half a year thanks to such studies ab3d common sense mask use us not about preventing yourself from getting sick.  It is about preventing yourself from spreading it.

5 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

You did cite an excellent study from a world class source!  You just linked it and made claims the study did not support.  We have all known for half a year thanks to such studies ab3d common sense mask use us not about preventing yourself from getting sick.  It is about preventing yourself from spreading it.

I don’t believe it. Cases are rising Everywhere. People are wearing masks everywhere. They don’t protect the wearer (proven by science) but somehow protect those around you. Lol. Do you realize how dumb that sounds? I don’t believe that shit for a minute