Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fort Fun

Do any of you guys or gals make Egg Nog?

32 minutes ago, Wyoguns said:

Ill post my late granddads Tom and Jerry batter recipe when I find it.  Mix with boiling water and a shot of spiced rum and a shot of cheap whiskey... two or thee of those and you’ll be hammered. Lol

Never heard of a Tom and Jerry, but you got me interested.

2 hours ago, Mano said:

I have made a few times. Used a recipe from the internet for the nog. Used a mix of Rum and Brandy ( this article states that is the tastiest mix ) . Was told the longer in advance you make it, and the longer you let it sit the better. The stuff I made like 3 months in advance was pretty good (  eggnog with alcohol sitting in refrigerator ). Good luck.

Nah whisky is the ticket.  

2 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

Nah whisky is the ticket.  

Bourbon is my drink of choice, but I feel that if I went that route I would be the only one drinking it. 

I'm a desperate man
Send lawyers, guns, and money
The shit has hit the fan

40 minutes ago, Wyoguns said:

Ill post my late granddads Tom and Jerry batter recipe when I find it.  Mix with boiling water and a shot of spiced rum and a shot of cheap whiskey... two or thee of those and you’ll be hammered. Lol

Ok I just googled this shit and you need to post it. I gotta try it. Sounds awesome!

20 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

Depends on how good and smooth the whisky is. 

Pretty sure my selection of bourbon is quite adequate but not what most of my family drinks.

https://www.mwcboard.com/?app=core&module=system&controller=content&do=find&content_class=forums_Topic&content_id=86736&content_commentid=2753399

I'm a desperate man
Send lawyers, guns, and money
The shit has hit the fan

2 hours ago, SharkTanked said:

Ok I just googled this shit and you need to post it. I gotta try it. Sounds awesome!

Off the top of my head... lots of powdered sugar, eggs, vanilla I think and some spices along with hot water and and spirits.  Grand dad had that shit mixed up from thanksgiving on every year. 

With a previous company, I'd be in NYC a few times a year during the holidays and and our CEO, who was German, would take us to Rolf's (it was near Grammercy Park) and they had an amazing eggnog. They also went bananas decorating for Christmas and their schnitzel is awesome too. Get down there for some great nog.