Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RSF

2021 NCAA BBall Tourney to be at 1 site

1 minute ago, renoskier said:

Why? 

Spread them out like normal, and you can control flare-ups.  Put them all in one pot and one positive case creates a wildfire.

The intention seems to be to prevent anyone from getting the virus.  That won't happen.  Period.  They need to focus on how to deal with the inevitable of some players getting infected.

4 minutes ago, Headbutt said:

Spread them out like normal, and you can control flare-ups.  Put them all in one pot and one positive case creates a wildfire.

The intention seems to be to prevent anyone from getting the virus.  That won't happen.  Period.  They need to focus on how to deal with the inevitable of some players getting infected.

Too much travel. This way they can test before arrival and maybe create somewhat of a bubble. At this point it's hard to imagine that fans will be allowed anyway, so what difference does it make where they play? I just want to see a tournament.

5 minutes ago, renoskier said:

Too much travel. This way they can test before arrival and maybe create somewhat of a bubble. At this point it's hard to imagine that fans will be allowed anyway, so what difference does it make where they play? I just want to see a tournament.

Travel doesn't spread Covid. 

Edit:  Travel in and of itself doesn't spread Covid, travel without addressing destination and starting point most certainly does.  My point was that it's easier to control than grouping folks up at the destination.

Attempts at isolating groups does.  The bigger the group, the bigger the risk.

I agree though, I just want to see a tournament.  I just think they're going about it wrong.  We may be pretty much out of the woods by March anyway, so it could be that it won't matter.

6 minutes ago, Headbutt said:

Travel doesn't spread Covid. 

Edit:  Travel in and of itself doesn't spread Covid, travel without addressing destination and starting point most certainly does.  My point was that it's easier to control than grouping folks up at the destination.

Attempts at isolating groups does.  The bigger the group, the bigger the risk.

I agree though, I just want to see a tournament.  I just think they're going about it wrong.  We may be pretty much out of the woods by March anyway, so it could be that it won't matter.

If Indy is the site, it will be easy to spread 68 teams out; there's plenty of hotels. And games will probably be played at a number of different facilities.

If no fans are allowed, it won't really make any difference to our watching experience. 

17 minutes ago, renoskier said:

If Indy is the site, it will be easy to spread 68 teams out; there's plenty of hotels. And games will probably be played at a number of different facilities.

If no fans are allowed, it won't really make any difference to our watching experience. 

I'm not referring to our watching experience.

If we're going to spread 68 teams out at various hotels, what's the point of not going home?  There is still at least as much risk of spreading a virus under those conditions as going home between games.  Once again, it is much ado about nothing.  Somehow it's better to have the virus infiltrate a team in a "controlled environment", than to trust teams to do the right thing at their home facility.  Let the teams handle it.  If they're positive, then they're out.  Putting them into a semi-bubble just ensures that if they're positive, so will everyone else be.  Stupid.

NCAA made it official.  6 arenas in and around Indianapolis.  Hotels clustered around the convention center, which will be the practice facility.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/30650595/ncaa-men-basketball-tournament-played-entirely-indiana

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.