Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bronco7454

Utah State's starting QB dismissed from the team yesterday

3 hours ago, Rev McQuervo said:

Guessing the same reason Boise's $C transfer rarely saw the field at $C....

TEAM sport.

There are some of your posts here that are dead-on and then there are posts like this.............which are as "off" as can be.  

By that I mean that path that you chose to go down here is the path that has NOTHING AT ALL to do with what the rest of us refer to as REALITY.  

37 minutes ago, Bronco7454 said:

There are some of your posts here that are dead-on and then there are posts like this.............which are as "off" as can be.  

By that I mean that path that you chose to go down here is the path that has NOTHING AT ALL to do with what the rest of us refer to as REALITY.  

Direct information from a guy whom has attended $C's press conferences (has Press Pass) for over 35 years. I'd say, as I know him well, this is spot on. Hope the kid has realized its a team sport.

51 minutes ago, Rev McQuervo said:

Direct information from a guy whom has attended $C's press conferences (has Press Pass) for over 35 years. I'd say, as I know him well, this is spot on. Hope the kid has realized its a team sport.

Lol, SDSU would be playing for the NY6 if they had Sears.  The entire trajectory if your program would be different and these next few years would be your best teams ever.

14 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Lol, SDSU would be playing for the NY6 if they gad Sears.  The entire trajectory if your program would be different and these next few years would be your best teams ever.

it really is funny imo that QB futility is eternal at SDSU.     There are plenty of schools with identities built around running the ball that still get decent QBs.   

Maybe that Haskell kid pans out for them, he looks good.

5 minutes ago, justsurvive said:

Wait a minute...was Jack Sears looking to transfer to SDSU?  If so, what came about?

He was committed at one point and SDSU fans were gizing themselves on here.  Then he decided to come to Boise and they decided he was a selfish cancer.  Even though all reports out of Boise are that he is an exemplary member if the team and he came in knowing he would be QB 2 or 3.

10 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

He was committed at one point and SDSU fans were gizing themselves on here.  Then he decided to come to Boise and they decided he was a selfish cancer.  Even though all reports out of Boise are that he is an exemplary member if the team and he came in knowing he would be QB 2 or 3.

Well to be fair, anyone behind Hank with our history of oline's under Bedell is guaranteed to get some playing time. Hank gets crushed at least a couple of times a game.

As to the Utah St. QB who got kicked off the team, dumbass. 

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. 
         ---Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759.

6 minutes ago, ViAggie said:

This whole Shelly debacle is on GA, chasing away Columbi was criminal. 

I watched him play twice this year and I wasn't very impressed. Any word on what idiotic thing he did?

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. 

If you watched the Fresno St. game you would have witnessed this clown calling out teammates at the end. He rufused to put on a headset to talk to coaches, he tried to challenge anyone that would give him the time on the sidelines....players and coaches. He was a cancer, just like the guy that brought him here.

He was not slated to be the starter this week but then Peasley got put on the Covid list prior to the gane and the coaches were forced to use him the entire game which just led to mulitple issues coming to the forefront. 

Sounds like one of the freshman that have never played will get the start this week in Laraside. Anything is better than watching Shelley play one more down in an Aggie uniform. I feel so bad for coach Maile to be put into this situation. Gary really messed up the joint.

3 minutes ago, TrueAg said:

If you watched the Fresno St. game you would have witnessed this clown calling out teammates at the end. He rufused to put on a headset to talk to coaches, he tried to challenge anyone that would give him the time on the sidelines....players and coaches. He was a cancer, just like the guy that brought him here.

He was not slated to be the starter this week but then Peasley got put on the Covid list prior to the gane and the coaches were forced to use him the entire game which just led to mulitple issues coming to the forefront. 

Sounds like one of the freshman that have never played will get the start this week in Laraside. Anything is better than watching Shelley play one more down in an Aggie uniform. I feel so bad for coach Maile to be put into this situation. Gary really messed up the joint.

I'm simply amazed that Gary Anderson was even given a second chance. What idiot booster made that happen? The way Anderson left OSU should have ended his coaching career for good.

1 minute ago, teappotts said:

I'm simply amazed that Gary Anderson was even given a second chance. What idiot booster made that happen? The way Anderson left OSU should have ended his coaching career for good.

His name is Jim Laub. He really has done a ton for USU athletics and we certainly wouldn't have the facilities we do without him but this was his one boneheaded input I guess. I don't think they'll be asking for his opinion this time around.

I agree on Andersen and the way he left OSU. There wasn't an AD in the county that would have hired him as a HC (including our own) based on what went down there. I'm just glad our AD had the balls to stand up and make the change without hesitation and basically say enough is enough without having to endure another year with Gary at the helm.

5 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Fair assessment. We wondered why he would commit to the absolute WORST offensive system in the league only to decommit when that offense system was shown the door. Made no sense. 

He honestly didn't impress me on his film from USC, but he looked great in his limited time at Boise.